dcsimg

Dodge Pro Master / Ford Transit Van

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I know a guy that has the Freightliner Sprinter 2500 4×4 cargo van- it is a sweet work van. Tons of space, high roof option, 6 cylinder diesel engine….

That does sound awesome. With all the snow by me these last couple years 4×4 would be nice like my truck has.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think that 4×4 was one of the biggest reason I didn’t go with a cargo van when I bought my truck. I have had a couple of times when it came in handy to get to a customers place. A van wouldn’t have made it.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The Promaster looks like a pretty economical option. The Sprinters are really nice but pricey. I saw one of the new Ford vans driving the other day in a cube van configuration and it looked great.

The Promasters are a good bit cheaper than the Mercedes or the Freightliner but I like the 4×4 option in the Mercedes and Freightliner. Hopefully four wheel drive is coming for the Promaster. I like the Ford transit but it is closer to the Sprinter price than it is the Promaster.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I think that 4×4 was one of the biggest reason I didn’t go with a cargo van when I bought my truck. I have had a couple of times when it came in handy to get to a customers place. A van wouldn’t have made it.

Same reason I stay with a truck right now even though one of the high roof fans is what I really need.

Or just put some stud tires on wheels . Save the money from 4×4 optoin .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think that 4×4 was one of the biggest reason I didn’t go with a cargo van

Definitely a consideration in high snow areas.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Don’t some places ban studs?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Studs make a big difference in snow. It isn’t often I use my four wheel drive on snow – studded tires and/or some weight in the bed of the truck is usually all I need. Four wheel drive comes in pretty handy for mud though – I did 3 remodels last year where the driveway was dirt and fairly steep. As soon as it rained they turned into mudpits that I would not have got up without a 4×4.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

The dodge looks like some good room .

I see several vans like that around here , I really like having the extra height in them . If I was still in construction this is what I would be buying .

If money wasn’t a deciding factor the Mercedes 4×4 would definitely be the way to go. Mid-length, mid-height. I drove an extended height and length one last year for a week. Damn thing was like a school bus!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Don’t some places ban studs?

They probably do but one my last Van I had during winter season stud tires on back wheels .

If money wasn’t a deciding factor the Mercedes 4×4 would definitely be the way to go. Mid-length, mid-height. I drove an extended height and length one last year for a week. Damn thing was like a school bus!

Lol that’s what I think

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The problem I see with studed tires here is that there isn’t that much snow here. We get a couple of good snows a year, the rest of the time the roads are clear and the studs would wear down to nothing before I got my money out of them.

I guess I could always get some chains. @TonyG has chains for his vans, do they work well for you?

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The problem I see with studed tires here is that there isn’t that much snow here. We get a couple of good snows a year, the rest of the time the roads are clear and the studs would wear down to nothing before I got my money out of them.

I guess I could always get some chains. @TonyG has chains for his vans, do they work well for you?

Yes they work great. I have only had to chain up a few times but whenever I do its all I need.

woodman_412

The Promasters are a good bit cheaper than the Mercedes or the Freightliner but I like the 4×4 option in the Mercedes and Freightliner. Hopefully four wheel drive is coming for the Promaster. I like the Ford transit but it is closer to the Sprinter price than it is the Promaster.

I wonder if adding four wheel drive to the Promaster would make it lose it’s edge though. It being front wheel drive with very little mechanicals needing to run to the back make it cheaper and also makes the load floor lower. Four wheel drive might not make sense on the Promaster.

Dan

danpattison.com

I wonder if adding four wheel drive to the Promaster would make it lose it’s edge though. It being front wheel drive with very little mechanicals needing to run to the back make it cheaper and also makes the load floor lower. Four wheel drive might not make sense on the Promaster.

That’s a good point never thought of that .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

After owning a couple of Chrysler products I won’t go down that road again. I have never owned a Ford, so I can’t comment on them.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

The long ones are too long lol

After owning a couple of Chrysler products I won’t go down that road again. I have never owned a Ford, so I can’t comment on them.

Was it a dealer problem or and vehicle one . Dealer support really makes a brand . That’s why I jumped ship from chevy to ford . The local chevy dealer was the worst service center . Never could fix my truck even under warranty .

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Alright, I am really on the fence right now as I’ve come across an opportunity to pick up a used Transit.
    I’ve been considering my options for some time now and am beginning to lean towards the purchase of one of these because all I need at this point is a simple tool hauler that provides secure tool storage. I’m going to have to look into the option to add an inland marine policy, or something to that effect to the insurance…but I’ve found one for less than 25k with just over 70,000 km on it.
    It’s one of the smaller Connect models, but I am certain that I can configure it to fit my needs…I’ll set up a meeting with the dealer soon and report back.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Alright, I am really on the fence right now as I’ve come across an opportunity to pick up a used Transit.
    I’ve been considering my options for some time now and am beginning to lean towards the purchase of one of these because all I need at this point is a simple tool hauler that provides secure tool storage. I’m going to have to look into the option to add an inland marine policy, or something to that effect to the insurance…but I’ve found one for less than 25k with just over 20,000 km on it.
    It’s one of the smaller Connect models, but I am certain that I can configure it to fit my needs…I’ll set up a meeting with the dealer soon and report back.

There is no way I could fit the tools I carry in my full size chevy van in that little thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.649 seconds