dcsimg

Do you exercise?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Yeah I think the throttle element kills any exercise hopes in the ride Charles 😛 Maybe you should rig up a duel drive bike where you can pedal part way and kick in the engine for the other part.

Dan

danpattison.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

LOL @Dan… that’s not going to happen

haha that is a great idea Dan. That way you can throttle up the uphill portions and pedal only on the downhill! Brilliant! 🙂

John S

gaum01
    Pro

Where do you guys find the time??

I don’t know really. You have to make it. As life goes on, it really seems like more and more I don’t have time to do stuff like I used to. Unfortunately I probably sacrifice other, more important things.

I recall a quote from Wayne Dyer (I am paraphrasing) You must take time to exercise for health now, or you will have to take time for illness later on.

The motivation for me is that I look at my two older brothers and see how big they are. I was heading that way quickly when I had a desk job about 5 or 6 years ago. I was up to 235. I am now 190. My brothers are at, if not over 300.

About a year ago, I watched my father pass away from a disease that just took the life right out of him. He was 76. IMO, that is too young to die from health complications. We live in a garbage can lifestyle with McD’s and fast food joints. I am by no means innocent. I looooove myself a nice greasy burger, but I definitely need to eat better and treat my body better and there is nothing else one can do but get on with the exercising. Find something that you enjoy. For me, this year, it is hiking.

woodman_412

You’re right Kent, exercise is one of those things that you just need to make time for if you want to stay reasonably healthy down the road. I’ve been making a point to get back out on my bike this year and I’ve been enjoying it. It really does make a difference in how you feel when you get some good cardio. My grandfather is 78 and he still goes biking and rides every year in the MS bike tour which is 160 km.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I go through periods where I do, then I get real busy and give it up and the cycle repeats istself.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Not nearly as often as I should.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just started running marathons. Well…I ran A marathon, I don’t know if I’ll do it again :-/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Well do Beer curls count ?? and chip pull ups ?? lol,

not really, but I should, I do play hockey, but as i’m getting up in age , I should try to get alittle more active,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hike a lot, lift weights at home.

I go through periods where I do, then I get real busy and give it up and the cycle repeats istself.

I yoyo a lot, too. I need to start exercising again. Used to exercise a lot before I took a promotion. With more responsibility comes more stress. When I get home all I want to do is relax. Of course my weight went up and so did all my test results. Need to start up again before it gets out of hand.

I exercise frequently. Today for instance, I walked to Wendy’s twice to use the restroom. Its at least 75 yards away.

I also only substituted 2 pancakes for my potatoes at Bob Evans this morning instead of a full stack.

With the successions I am planning to have an extra scope of ice cream tonight..

www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com

Doobie

My exercise is doing renos around the property particularly in the summer. Lost 30 lbs last summer.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

wow this thread is active again. its an oldy. i was just looking at my post about what my routine is… its 2 years old and the current routine doesnt look anything like that.. the excercises are the same but the weight and rep counts are completely different. Last night i set a new personal best on deadlifts at 455 Lbs for a 1 rep max

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Good for you jkirk. Thats awesome. What kind of deadlifts?

A couple of years ago I started messing around with them, never did before. I found Roman deads easier or less clumsy I guess. Anyway I did those for almost a year and I complemented my whole workout nice. It was noticable. I should get back to them. I want to do regular deads but they feel awkward.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Work is plenty of exercise

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i do a standard heavy deadlift, i start from the rack so it requires you to go down to the floor and come up with it. most guys start from the floor which can actually be easier because your only getting the postive and not the negative. on leg days i do stiff leg deadlifts with light weight

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I just started running marathons. Well…I ran A marathon, I don’t know if I’ll do it again :-/

Now thats a pretty decent work out, congrats @jeff.lagana

RyanF
    Pro

wow this thread is active again. its an oldy. i was just looking at my post about what my routine is… its 2 years old and the current routine doesnt look anything like that.. the excercises are the same but the weight and rep counts are completely different. Last night i set a new personal best on deadlifts at 455 Lbs for a 1 rep max

Boatbldr hasn’t met an old thread he doesn’t like 😉

Your workout on page one is no joke. You’re a bad man.

My biggest concern in this profession has nothing to do with business success or failure, but with my body in 25 years. Specifically, my joints. I sometimes worry that no matter how successful I am or may become, I might look back and say that it wasn’t worth it bc of the physical toll. It certainly makes me question things at times.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.116 seconds