dcsimg

Do you exercise?

This topic contains 235 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 236 total)
  • Author

redwood
    Pro

Sorry guys, I used to work out a lot, but now I’m much older (60) and can barely move. Taking ibuprofin is my exersize before and after work.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I personally like Dan’s method a lot – highly recommend! haha

I just realized that what Robert was doing – the interval training – is something I recently started doing myself… I will do something like bodyweight squats for 30 seconds straight, 30 seconds rest, then pushups (as many reps as possible) for 30 seconds, 30 rest…. and do a total of like 8-10 activities (jumping rope, wall squats, ab work, etc) and then repeat it all again twice or three times if I feel daring. It is a super quick way to workout and doesn’t require gym membership (aka I am cheap) or being outside (aka Minnesota is cold in winter)

John S

woodman_412

I’m hoping to get back out on my bike this spring to get some cardio. I find for me cardio is the biggest thing since not all of my work is super physically demanding. I wouldn’t mind doing a little bit of muscle toning though just to make work that much easier on myself…my knee pad solution just might not cut it when it’s time to lift that big upper cabinet into place 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

RLConstruction
    Pro
    Crystal, MN

I love this topic. Exercise is very important to me and I have found it rare that guys in the trades have good exercise routines. I may be younger than a lot of the guys I have worked with, and so they make a lot of comments about how easy it was to stay fit when they were my age, but having a routine is very important. Muscle groups should always be strengthened, but mainly, cardio is missing on the job site. Every now and then if I am hauling a bunch of materials, it seems to be equivalent to a good cardio workout, but most days I do not get that same feeling.

Thanks again for posting!

woodman_412

Now that the weather is nice again I have my mountain bike all geared up to hit the trails. I’m pretty out of shape from the winter so I’m looking forward to getting back out and getting some exercise and good cardio.

Dan

danpattison.com

I always thought biking was a silly way to exercise – but that was back when I played five different sports year round in high school… haha… Now that I am married, it is really a great way to spend time with my wife and get a good bit of cardio on! FINALLY it is nice enough here to do the same – yes!!!

John S

woodman_412

It was 79 deg here today and I was out on my bike again tonight. It felt great to be out with the weather being so nice. I usually ride pretty fast and hard to get some good cardio. I used to do the MS bike ride which was 160 km(100 mi), I always enjoyed that and did lots of training before hand.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

it was really nice out today, deck building in 22 degrees and in direct sunlight did me in.. didnt hit the gym today

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have always been active all my life so I have never really needed to do much exercising .Once you get over 40 then it is a different story . It doesn,t take much to pack on the weight . P90x is a great way to get into shape in a hurry .

As with many of you, our seasons change quite a bit and it’s tough to stay with one type outdoor exercise. Right at this moment, I am into hiking. That will really get your heart pumping and it is incredibly rewarding. My son and I are planning a pretty big trip this summer at the end of the Appalachian Trail. Going to climb Mt. Katahdin. About 10 miles in a day and 4000 ft elevation rise.

This is the view from the mountain I climbed last weekend. Beautiful weather.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

nice kent thats awesome

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is some nice scenery .I would have a heart attack if I had to climb them hills 🙂

redwood
    Pro

I live at around 2000 ft. and I have to drive up and down most days, does that count for anything?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

Great looking spot Kent. I did a bit of hiking when I lived in NS but there aren’t a lot of great places to hike in PEI, at least not close to me.

Depends what you’re driving Mark, if you’re driving a bicycle then I would say yes that does count for a lot…a truck, not so much 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i might head down to cape split to hike the trail there on may 2 – 4 weekend theres some amazing scenery down that way. including the hot rod garage where that pic of me infront of the black and green truck was taken

woodman_412

I had a trip planned to Cape Split one time but it never did happen unfortunately. Have you hiked it before Jeff? I used to do a lot of nature photography so I would usually do some hiking for that.

Dan

danpattison.com

A few years back I was very much into swimming at the local lake. I would wake up at 3 am and head down there and do a few laps. Last year I put my toe in once lol. It’s a tad cool around here, but I can’t stand chlorinated pools.

I downloaded C25K and actually started training for my first 5k road race. I had to stop because my right foot was bothering me. I like running, but it doesn’t like me. It’s too hard on the body. I think hiking is much more tolerable and you get incredible views to boot.

Of course, the bug season is just about here.

I went on a 3 mile hike this am. A small mountain in the town I live in. Zero view, but a good 1000 ft elevation rise to get the heart pumping. Got to keep training. I want to enjoy this hike to Katahdin, I don’t want to grudge through it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Dan, yup ive hiked it twice actually with a buddy. i think the next time we go there might be more of us though. its about a 4 hr hike up to the top and back

Kimber
    Pro

I ride my bike for fun and excercise; I try to ride a lot of hills to get my hert rate up. I did spinning for awhile but prefer to be outdoors. Push-ups, chin-ups and abs as well.
    Stretching is the most important step, I need to stretch more!

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I ride my bike for fun, not much exercise.. it has a throttle 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.666 seconds