dcsimg

Do you eat out or bring lunch?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

eating out less and less. We just make way better food.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I would say about 90% of the time, me and the guys all have lunches. It’s way cheaper that way and you don’t lose as much time on site.
    But when one of the 4 guys doesn’t bring one… well, we all usually jump on going out pretty quick. 🙂

When I am home, I eat at home…only eat out when I travel for the most part.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

“Never eat lunch alone”

Oh yes I totally agree with you on this one. Drink alone fine but lunch never!

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

When I work alone I sometimes don’t stop. That’s not good, you should always eat.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

When I work alone I sometimes don’t stop. That’s not good, you should always eat.

Yea you gotta eat. If i skip lunch after a bit I start to become useless. Need to get food in me! I need a trailer with microwave so I can bring leftovers from dinner.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It is easy to tell myself I will stop to eat after I get this finished. And before you know it its almost quitting time. And there is no point in stopping then.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

since i have a desk job i try to spend lunch time at the local gym. Since i spend lunch at the gym, i eat a packed lunch shortly after. this is usually the norm.

Inner10
    Pro

I eat out 90% of the time…and boy does it show on my figure.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

if you’re trying to get in shape, round is a shape, dont feel bad. 🙂

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

We had a customer a few years back that would make lunch for anybody on site. Every Thursday she would ask “HOW MANY TODAY?”

Full meals, steak , chicken, Brazilian food,
    WE were there around Thanksgiving, So she made a full spread the day before.

I miss her job…

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Was bought lunch again from a different customer. This week has been great.

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Wouldn’t ya know it..

Forgot my lunch in the fridge today… Tim Hortons sandwiches aren’t as good as mine.

Carpenter-Hockey Fan-Cheap Beer Connoisseur

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

When I was offsite and worked on the owners’ faucet they made me a nice lunch. Actually, their granddaughter made lunch for all of us. She did a good job.

Pat

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Lol, it all depends on the site and who I am working with. If the crew is awesome I can choose to eat from the lunch pail or go and grab something. I always like if possible to grab a coffee and actually leave the site for a moment. The min I walk off, my mind and person is free from work. If the crew is hard around the edges then I really like to go for food. It gets you away and in my younger days allowed for me to “really” take my lunch or break.

A Working Pro since 2004

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I’d say it’s 50/50 for me. I get sick of the same old thing every day so I have to go out to add some variety.

Wouldn’t ya know it..

Forgot my lunch in the fridge today… Tim Hortons sandwiches aren’t as good as mine.

I have when I do that, or when I’m running late and don’t have time to make lunch.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

I’d say it’s 50/50 for me. I get sick of the same old thing every day so I have to go out to add some variety.

Wouldn’t ya know it..

I have when I do that, or when I’m running late and don’t have time to make lunch.

Man, make the luch the night before. It takes a few minutes and gives you those extra few zzzzz’s in the morning.

Carpenter-Hockey Fan-Cheap Beer Connoisseur

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I have a policy “Don’t feed the animals” I ask the crew to not accept food etc from the homeowner. Many times this leads to ‘O by the way, what about fixing this for free’ or ‘Gee could you throw this in while you are here………’
    As in’I made you a sandwich so why don’t you do this $200.00 item for free and don’t tell your boss’.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wouldn’t ya know it..

Man, make the luch the night before. It takes a few minutes and gives you those extra few zzzzz’s in the morning.

lol, that’s what my gf tells me all the time

I hear you Rob. We get that all the time doing high rise. They will offer you something and then not want their door screwed shut when you remove their railings and 40% of the balcony. You can even rise the next day and somehow the guy has removed your tapcon or self tapper and trying to get out.

A Working Pro since 2004

redwood
    Pro

With us, it really depends on where the job is. If there are decent eating establishments nearby, we will often go out, just to get away from the job site. Especially if it’s hot and there is no where to hide. Then there are the jobs where we have to bring our lunch because there is nothing nearby.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 320 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.802 seconds