dcsimg

Do you eat out or bring lunch?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I’ve been curious about this for a while since dealing with several trades working on rebuilding the 2 apartments that were damaged. Some of the crews went out to get fast food (I guess) and some brought their own lunch. I bought each crew pizza for one of their days here.
    But just wondering what you do when on the work site…

Pat

Moze
    Dallas, TX

If I’m going to be stuck on one site for the whole day, I’ll bring something to snack on throughout the day. I don’t like eating a lot – just enough to take the edge off. In the summer I’ll bring a cooler full of ice, cans of V8 and some sort of fruit or veggie (cherry tomatoes, pineapple, etc.). In the winter, I’ll usually just eat something for breakfast and that will get me through the day.

Resident Sign Guy

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Well, one of the ideas that came to mind was about tradesmen bringing their lunch if they’re on a job for a long while – probably get too expensive to eat out a lot. I was thinking maybe Bosch could make a lunchbox. Just a thought…

Pat

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

If I am at the shop, I keep lunches and soup there. If I am on a job site or traveling between I usually eat out.

redwood
    Pro

At lunch time, we just gather around the kitchen window with our sad faces on.

With us, it really depends on the location of the project. If there is nothing within a couple of miles, we will bring our own lunch, otherwise, we usually eat out.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Most times I take a lunch with me. There are days that I don’t feel like packing a lunch and I will eat out or order pizza.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

At lunch time, we just gather around the kitchen window with our sad faces on.

That’s a fabulous strategy!! LOL.

Pat

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I usually eat out if im in the city .If I work out in the country I will make a lunch.

woodman_412

I always bring lunch with me wherever I’m working. My wife is kind enough to make me a nice lunch before I leave in the morning so it’s a no brainer for me. I also have that muffiny goodness mid morning and mid afternoon too which apparently I’m famous for ๐Ÿ˜›

Dan

danpattison.com

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I would rather bring my own lunch to save some money.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I almost always keep a bag packed in the truck, along with a jug of water and a thermos of tea. Hot in the winter and cold in the summer. I hate to get caught on the site without and have to leave. I take my food with me for two reasons. First is money. $6/day adds up and second is time. If I leave to eat it will invariably cost me an hour. If I have my food 20 minutes and I am done. If I have time sometimes I will take a power nap after lunch. Still less time than if I roll up and leave for lunch.

I take nonperishable stuff. Trail mix, granola bars, individual packs of tuna fish (not like Dirty who can just go catch one), crackers, cookies, beef jerky sometimes, etc etc.

I like these because if I skip lunch I can just leave it in the truck for tomorrow and not worry about spoilage.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I used to eat out all the time, then I started doing better accounting and holy cow it’s expensive over a year. I now take lunches everywhere.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Thankfully I work where I live. I eat at my house.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I used to almost always eat lunch out if I was working somewhere that fast food was available. Anymore I try to avoid any kind of fast food if possible.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

recently I have been trying to bring a lunch, as Brad says when you add up what you spend by eating out everyday it can blow your mind. Sometimes lunch just gets skipped all together though.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Yes, after a while it can be extremely costly to eat out.
    That’s why I was wondering, since Bosch makes radios and stuff, why not a lunch box? Something like an L-Boxx with inserts that keep food hot or cold, or that keep food in place while you’re toting the box around ๐Ÿ™‚

Pat

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I need to start bringing lunch, I’ve got a bad habit of eating out now. Even though I choose healthy stuff it’s pretty expensive. Anyone have any ideas aside from a sandwich?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have a soup thermos that I use for soup and pasta. I had an old microwave in my trailer but it died on me and I haven’t got around to replacing it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I need to start bringing lunch, Iโ€™ve got a bad habit of eating out now. Even though I choose healthy stuff itโ€™s pretty expensive. Anyone have any ideas aside from a sandwich?

When I worked in sewing factories, we used to make bean, meat and egg burritos. We’d bring them in cold and a half hour before lunch, we’d stack our burritos on the Hoffman press to heat them up.

Pat

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Well my wife fixes my lunch for me everyday. For all you single guys out there you got to get you one of those.

I have been bringing my lunch for as long as I can remember.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 320 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.578 seconds