dcsimg

Diy air tanks for compressor

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 day, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have a old twin tank that would make a good surge tank like this, the motor and pump, died long ago.

At one point I was going try and find a old compressor tank to do this for my little compressor. I just haven’t found one yet.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Rovik
    Pro

I’m working on lifting ears and legs now. My belt grinder came in handy for this.

Norway

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’m working on lifting ears and legs now. My belt grinder came in handy for this.

That sure is a nice belt grinder.

Greg

Rovik
    Pro

Thanks, i’m very happy with it.

Norway

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ivan very nice progress. Very nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Great to see you enjoying your belt grinder ,
    Nice job on the parts ,

Rovik
    Pro

Nice job on the parts ,

Thanks. Nice to not use a hand file and a angle grinder all the time. Here are more pictures of the build. The tanks is up side down in the pictures, that’s because i will put some legs on it.

Norway

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks, i’m very happy with it.

No problem I am sure you are.

Nice job on the parts ,

Thanks. Nice to not use a hand file and a angle grinder all the time. Here are more pictures of the build. The tanks is up side down in the pictures, that’s because i will put some legs on it.

I am sure it is much nicer then a angle grinder and a file.

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s some thick stuff over there.
    Is it aluminum or steel?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

What a nice set of pieces. Do you use a plasma torch to cut them out? The belt sander is perfect for finishing those; things are coming together in your shop very nicely.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Nice job on the parts ,

Some more great welding Ivan , I’ve never used or seen these types of set up before , why are there 2 ball valves between the tanks , is it to balance the air pressure ? I know guys at the shop that have used older compressors to do this , but I never even bothered to look into it.

Rovik
    Pro

That’s some thick stuff over there.
    Is it aluminum or steel?

Steel

What a nice set of pieces. Do you use a plasma torch to cut them out? The belt sander is perfect for finishing those; things are coming together in your shop very nicely.

I use my angle grinder. I wish i had a plasma.

Nice job on the parts ,

Some more great welding Ivan , I’ve never used or seen these types of set up before , why are there 2 ball valves between the tanks , is it to balance the air pressure ? I know guys at the shop that have used older compressors to do this , but I never even bothered to look into it.

The valves is there mainly for if i want to use only one tank, for small jobs.. i dont need to fill the whole system.

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@rovik ah thanks Ivan , makes sense , didn’t even think about that ,
    What color will you be spraying then
    When you are done.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The valves is there mainly for if i want to use only one tank, for small jobs.. i dont need to fill the whole system.

That is a great idea. When you can choose between using one or both tanks. Look forward seeing it done.

Greg

Rovik
    Pro

When you are done.

Not sure about color yet.

I didn’t like the design of the legs i was planning before. Here is my new idea, this time i made it of angle iron.

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

When you are done.

Not sure about colour yet.

I didn’t like the design of the legs i was planning before. Here is my new idea, this time i made it of angle iron.

Looking good Ivan , looks like little legs and feet 👍
    Will it be bolted down to the floor judging by the holes in the feet

Rovik
    Pro

When you are done.

Not sure about colour yet.

Looking good Ivan , looks like little legs and feet 👍
    Will it be bolted down to the floor judging by the holes in the feet

Yes that’s my plan.

Norway

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Although you may not care, I was wondering about how many hours you will have into this build?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

When you are done.

Not sure about color yet.

I like your new design.
    Why did you change your mind about the design?

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is my new idea, this time i made it of angle iron.

The design looks pretty good. Very nice work as usual.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.433 seconds