dcsimg

Disappearing posts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Have not been able to post for the last few days. All posts submitted gone to never never land.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Have not been able to post for the last few days. All posts submitted gone to never never land.

I had the same problem a while back. Read this thread here….

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/posts-disappearing-after-edits-of-long-winded-posts-problemsolution/

I’ll email your profile to the developer. She’ll take you off the SPAM alert list which I assume is the issue you are having.

If you could post links to the threads in that dedicated post disappearing thread of the posts that they have disappeared in, that can help the developer get it fixed faster.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Thank you Dobbie.

May be its already fixed since the first post of this thread appeared. I was not able to post at all since last Friday, hit submit and the post disappeared.

I don’t remember what threads I posted in because I didn’t realized till later. I usually write a post hit submit then move on not necessarily making sure a post got added at the end.

I do know I started a new thread in the plumbing forum that disappeared.

I saw the other thread you referenced but that one has to do with post disappearing after making an edit. In my case I didn’t make any edit, the entire new post just disappeared. Then I saw other posts bring made by others at the same time, I assumed at the time I had broken some forum rules and was thus banned or pre-moderated.

I had trouble making edits but more along the line of writing say 4 paragraphs, posted, going back to correct a spelling in paragraph 1, submit the edit, and had paragraphs 3 and 4 disappeared.

I am trying to remember what event might have triggered this because I have been posting without issues up till last week. The only thing I could think of is there is a survey on this forum, asking if I visit a manufacturer website when buying tools. I did the survey and after that I have not been able to post. Not sure if that is related or just a pure coincidence.

Meant to say Doobie not dobbie in the previous post. Didn’t want to attempt an edit that may set something off.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Thank you Dobbie.

May be its already fixed since the first post of this thread appeared. I was not able to post at all since last Friday, hit submit and the post disappeared.

I don’t remember what threads I posted in because I didn’t realized till later. I usually write a post hit submit then move on not necessarily making sure a post got added at the end.

I do know I started a new thread in the plumbing forum that disappeared.

I saw the other thread you referenced but that one has to do with post disappearing after making an edit. In my case I didn’t make any edit, the entire new post just disappeared. Then I saw other posts bring made by others at the same time, I assumed at the time I had broken some forum rules and was thus banned or pre-moderated.

I had trouble making edits but more along the line of writing say 4 paragraphs, posted, going back to correct a spelling in paragraph 1, submit the edit, and had paragraphs 3 and 4 disappeared.

I am trying to remember what event might have triggered this because I have been posting without issues up till last week. The only thing I could think of is there is a survey on this forum, asking if I visit a manufacturer website when buying tools. I did the survey and after that I have not been able to post. Not sure if that is related or just a pure coincidence.

The disappearing post issue is not just when trying to edit long winded posts. It can happen by virtue of the Akismet anti-spam software just detecting what it’s mindless cyber brain is thinking is that a member is a spammer via frequency and types of posts collectively over a span of time suggesting there is someone who is spamming.

It can also happen at times with posting links to third parties in your posts that it thinks may be spam as well. I’ve had it where the post I’ve tried to put up with a link don’t go up, and when I try to re-post it without the link, they go up fine.

The way it can work, without the developer even getting involved is the Akismet software will initially block a post, and release it hours or a day or so later. Seen this too when I was having my issues and is likely what you mention you have now noticed as well going back and finding your post is now in fact up that was initially not there.

Basically, once the developer identifies the posts involved that are being blocked, she can toggle them and your member profile ID as being ‘safe’ and the problem stops. Again, if you can post links to where this may have been happening, this will help her a lot to fix this problem you are experiencing.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s crazy,, at some point we all lose post.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Developer has cleaned you up and cleared you Sami. She also did a few other members.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Disappearing posts’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.484 seconds