dcsimg

DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 4

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 654 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

If you buy something then you have every right to tell the forum where you bought it and the deal you got.

I am glad this has been restored to what many of us were doing. Buying something and getting a sweet deal and wanting to shout it from the mountaintop is something I think we all enjoy, but it’s also something that can help other members in snagging that deal for themselves which makes this forum a good source for other members imo. Thanks for this Jim! 👍

Might I suggest that to avoid people posting as if they bought something, but really haven’t, that a pic of such item(s) in what is in a non-store setting be required by the member posting their deal/acquisition?

@bethepro

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Yes, a pic in store is always good. A receipt is fine as well. I think we have a level of trust here on this forum that it is OK to include the two items above but not 100% necessary. I just want to make sure that everyone knows it is OK to post such content, we just do not want to have the be a “deals” site. So the Mods will take that into account. If this get out of hand, we will step in and push it in the right direction. Everyone loves a great deal, and it is OK to pass that along. Just don’t want the deals to be where someone is getting the majority of their points. The majority of points should be earned by submitting great content and offering Pro advice to other members. That’s the ruler I use to judge such things. OK, so we are done with this now (I hope).

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Hi Dirty is this deal still available at your local Home Depot . I bought two at $249 a piece came with starter kits .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have no idea, The only TTI tools I use are the 12 volt orange ones.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

How have those battery’s been holding up for you at work dirty .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How have those battery’s been holding up for you at work dirty .

I have some that are over 3 years old. I was just looking at that the other day as I put a small date under a bit of tape on each of my batteries.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have some that are over 3 years old. I was just looking at that the other day as I put a small date under a bit of tape on each of my batteries.

That is a lot of use out of the batteries. That is about what i get 3 years out of a battery then it starts taking to long to charge and discharges too fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s back from the dead. How you doin Dirty

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I Thought it wasn’t possible to bring back a closed thread .

Doobie

I’m glad it’s back myself. I’d come to like this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep it’s possible, Welcome back Dirty’s thread 🙂

Yep it’s possible, Welcome back Dirty’s thread 🙂

I see that .

So, is this effectively a blog for DirtyWhiteBoy, not that I have a problem with it, as I find it amusing, but I am trying to categorize for my own understanding.

Will

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Here’s a plan, if you don’t like it (and by “it” I mean, DWB, this thread, the topic etc), stay out of it. It’s pretty simple.

If you are here to see what DWB is up to (and he’s had some cool projects, stories and shenanigans) then stick around.

I am sure that DWB would even love to answer any of your questions.

As for the other threads, ask Dabby (lol Dabbs)

(going back to being a mod in hiding)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Missed this place, hows it going Dirty

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Here’s a plan, if you don’t like it (and by “it” I mean, DWB, this thread, the topic etc), stay out of it. It’s pretty simple.

If you are here to see what DWB is up to (and he’s had some cool projects, stories and shenanigans) then stick around.

I am sure that DWB would even love to answer any of your questions.

As for the other threads, ask Dabby (lol Dabbs)

(going back to being a mod in hiding)

What he said. If you aren’t a fan then just ignore it. We understand that some content/members can be polarizing, so some level of constraint needs to be exercised in a thread that focuses on a singular member’s activity. The main point of the forum as a whole is to share knowledge among Pros, which is generally what happens in this thread. But we do allow exceptions and this is one of them – DWB has a long track record of posting valuable content.

There are also times that it wanders. So I am sure that DWB will post useful content that is respectful to ALL MEMBERS. But the opinions expressed are his own and not necessarily that of BTP – try to remember that when you are reading this thread. There is no plan to open a thread on any other member, unless (like the way this one came into being) that other members suggest it and ask for it. So this is a unique thread that is back and hopefully DWB has some interesting and enlightening tales of his HI construction world that other members will find interesting. I don’t think that will be a problem.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

ENOUGH!!! It stops now or there will be consequences……..Dabbs

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Gee somebody or somebodies must of been really out of line for Dabbs to post what he did. Can’t we just all get along

Hey Dirty what is happening in your neck of the woods?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Gee somebody or somebodies must of been really out of line for Dabbs to post what he did. Can’t we just all get along

Hey Dirty what is happening in your neck of the woods?

No one was out of line . They were valid statements made about standards . But they get deleted so other memebers can’t see the whole story just like other hot topics . We all can get along as long as everyone has the same standards on this forum .

Doobie

What’s wrong with an esteemed member with ‘tenure’ having his own dedicated ‘what-about’ thread, which BTW was spurred upon originally by somebody else a lot longer ago than the join dates of the membership who antagonize him today talking of his happenings and experiences and not by Dirty himself? Nothing really. Lot’s of it is quite interesting and frequently relevant to this forum’s intended purpose anyways. Frankly, I don’t see the problem. Wish I was in his shoes some day.

Where I know at times Randy seems short and kurt at times and seemingly lacks in written eloquence, it is only because of this medium which he chooses to participate in and not because he is the meandering monster that I believe many have misinterpreted him to be. Read between the lines and give benefit of the doubt although I suspect many are beyond that deliberance now based on what may have transgressed in the past.

I’ve experienced meeting many forum people face to face over the years having participated in forums for close to twenty years now. You just never know who you are really dealing with on a forum versus a face to face level. While I’ve ‘yet’ to meet Randy face to face, I’ve been around long enough that should I do book that trip out to the Hawaiin isles, I know I’d love to look him up and meet him. He has integrity and conviction! That’s powerful with me. I hope to shake his hand one day.

We all don’t have the same skills at everything in life! But don’t be fooled…he works hard, he knows his stuff, and he offers great solutions IMO and most importantly as it is related to this thread, his own experiences!

Maybe his antogonists should look at themselves for what they’ve offered themselves to this forum, its sponsors and also notably charitable contribitions associated on this forum. Randy/DWB has done that in droves. Have you? I myself am nowhere near close to Randy’s efforts on all fronts despite my best efforts.

Nuff said!

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 654 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.530 seconds