dcsimg

DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 3

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,012 total)
  • Author

@DirtyWhiteBoy man thats a long track , nice set up, sure will help in keeping it all nice and straight .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Still working on the big deck. Had a 224″ of track on the ipe for the long straight cuts.

Nice track setup. What are all those boxes on the deck?

Those are the Buzon parts.

KenW
    Pro

Those Buzon’s make leveling your deck pretty simple. Or will you use them in another application?

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Dirty, the deck is looking good.

On the job I’m on now we’ve been framing porches, and there’s going to be decking going over the concrete floor. Yesterday we put the joists down for one of the two porches. I’ve recently learned that the decking is going to be ipe. That should be interesting because I’ve never worked with the stuff before.

You mentioned that the blade in you track saw is the Festool aluminum blade, but what blades did you use in your other saws? From your comments and pics I know you used at least your Sawsquatch and miter saw. Do standard framing blades work okay on ipe? What would you recommend?

Still working on the big deck. Had a 224″ of track on the ipe for the long straight cuts.

What type of blade you using to cut that ipe .

The blade is a $95 festool blade for aluminum.

Do you get your blades re-cut once they get dull .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those Buzon’s make leveling your deck pretty simple. Or will you use them in another application?

No they are under there to stay. It is a easy operation.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You mentioned that the blade in you track saw is the Festool aluminum blade, but what blades did you use in your other saws? From your comments and pics I know you used at least your Sawsquatch and miter saw. Do standard framing blades work okay on ipe? What would you recommend?

On my 10″ Chop saw the boss got a 150$ hardwood blade it’s a Tenru. No standard framing blades work very poorly in ipe. It is a super hard wood. I know TaraC told me she uses Ipe Eater blades and she recommends them. They are not over here so the boss set me up with the best he could find. You will need a bow wrench too.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So today we went up and helped the framers set some trusses. This is a chapel the company is building at the same job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

So today we went up and helped the framers set some trusses. This is a chapel the company is building at the same job.

Those are some good looking trusses.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That looks like a heavy truss.

Nice that they were able to get a skyjack in there, how will they get it out once all the trusses are up?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow those are some really big trusses. What kind of wood are they made of?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Those are some great looking trusses. There’s some pretty long headers running down each side of the little chapel, plus a large window opening at the end. That place should have tons of natural light.

Awesome stuff Dirty!! Those huge timber framed trusses are also called bents. Gorgeous stuff. I priced some bents for a rear covered porch project once. The company said they would ship them unassembled with instructions to put them together. Sounded pretty fun. I did not get to do that job but hoping to be able to some day.

It is a shame you are working so close to all the scenery around Koalina 😉

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Awesome stuff Dirty!! Those huge timber framed trusses are also called bents. Gorgeous stuff. I priced some bents for a rear covered porch project once. The company said they would ship them unassembled with instructions to put them together. Sounded pretty fun. I did not get to do that job but hoping to be able to some day.

Nice , those trusses will be wrapped in cedar once the place is dried in.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s going to look great. I’ve always liked the look of exposed trusses myself.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Whats the weight on one of those tusses . Open ceiling are the best in my opinion look wise .

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I never did find out if cedar is a native species there. The only thing I have heard of from the island is Koa, but I am sure more than that and palm trees grow there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I never did find out if cedar is a native species there. The only thing I have heard of from the island is Koa, but I am sure more than that and palm trees grow there.

All of our building lumber comes out of the Pacific north west.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It is a shame you are working so close to all the scenery around Koalina

Yea I feel sorry for him.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,012 total)
  • The topic ‘DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 3’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.648 seconds