dcsimg

DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 3

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,012 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very interesting photos of your current job Dirty. Really like looking at different construction techniques utilized in different parts of the country. Really shows that there is not one way to do things.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

While we are building the deck there is a crew building the super cabanas. They ar finishing the outsides now real nice nice with ceder.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Great to hear the job is going well Dirty. With that amount of guys they must have a really professional job site.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

While we are building the deck there is a crew building the super cabanas. They ar finishing the outsides now real nice nice with ceder.

Those do look like they will be nice. Is that copper I see on the drip edge?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

those look pretty interesting, but what is a super cabana? a Cabana is a little hut that you can sit in?? i don’t think we have any of those in Canada lol.

Those are some nice builds going up, is that some sort of condo complex,
    We have been using a similar system here for years, it’s for a raised computer floor, they are adjustable and made in aluminum for indoor use,
    The building maintenance guys install them using a rotary laser.

Nice pictures Dirty thanks, good on the O T, take it now while it’s around, just keep hydrated in the heat

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Those look real nice. Is cedar a native species on the islands? What species are native that are in general use?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Real nice looking Cedar Cabanas. How big are they to be called “Super Cabanas”? Would they be bigger than a typical Cabana?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

those look pretty interesting, but what is a super cabana? a Cabana is a little hut that you can sit in?? I don’t think we have any of those in Canada lol.

I think you guys call them ice fishing shacks. 🙂

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those do look like they will be nice. Is that copper I see on the drip edge?

Good eye Ron, only copper and SS nails on those.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

those look pretty interesting, but what is a super cabana? a Cabana is a little hut that you can sit in?? I don’t think we have any of those in Canada lol.

I think you guys call them ice fishing shacks. :-)

ahh i gotcha, terms i can understand. although these look much nicer than our fishing shacks lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Still working on the big deck. Had a 224″ of track on the ipe for the long straight cuts.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Still working on the big deck. Had a 224″ of track on the ipe for the long straight cuts.

Looking good. Nice to be able to make a long straight cut.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Sure beats trying to eyeball it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice use of the track saw Dirty. Doing it like that saves time for the deck installers and makes for a much neater look.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What type of blade you using to cut that ipe .

Always willing to learn .

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Now that is a good length of track. Guess no chalk line being followed there.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

Nice track setup. What are all those boxes on the deck?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The blade is a $95 festool blade for aluminum.

Doobie

The blade is a $95 festool blade for aluminum.

Really. I have one of those. Didn’t think of it for Ipe, althpugh they are supposed to last good for laminates.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,012 total)
  • The topic ‘DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 3’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.534 seconds