dcsimg

DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 3

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,012 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Today I went to a new subdivision to install a nice shower door.
    Has anyone ever installed one of these?

Shower Show!!

I have not installed this type of glass door, only the sliding ones.
    They turned out good, even though the guy who did the tile work did not plumb everything. The glass looks to be true and even at the tops in the pic. Nice job.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Great tip and great install @DirtyWhiteBoy! We did a lot of custom doors like that in the past and still do a few but have found a good sub for them now. The experience is still useful in knowing what makes their job easier and better…like plumb and flat walls..lol!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great tip and great install @DirtyWhiteBoy! We did a lot of custom doors like that in the past and still do a few but have found a good sub for them now. The experience is still useful in knowing what makes their job easier and better…like plumb and flat walls..lol!

I just hopes it holds up. That house is out there just down the road from your MIL at ocean point and the heavy door is swinging on a metal stud corner.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@RonW are you still up? I’m going for food now. The Granite Saints were killing it tonight!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW are you still up? I’m going for food now. The Granite Saints were killing it tonight!

Yea up for the day. Are noodles what’s for dinner?
    Had to look up the Granite Saints. Bet it was a fun evening.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yup that’s them, all heart, it’s called udon set. fried chicken udon noodles and kimchee. Good stuff. Maria takes care of me with lots of water.

Attachments:
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yup that’s them, all heart, it’s called udon set. fried chicken udon noodles and kimchee. Good stuff. Maria takes care of me with lots of water.

Man that looks good!!!
    Lots of water is a good thing after a big night. Helps the body re-hydrate.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Man that looks good! Would love to try some of the foods that you have shown.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Sure does look good. Now i’m getting hungry.. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man,,, I can’t believe it. My son went to UH@Manoa and got his bachelors degree in architecture. He has been doing his internship at a huge firm in downtown Honolulu and now will be going off to Cambridge, Massachusetts to get his masters degree. I really can’t believe it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Man,,, I can’t believe it. My son went to UH@Manoa and got his bachelors degree in architecture. He has been doing his internship at a huge firm in downtown Honolulu and now will be going off to Cambridge, Massachusetts to get his masters degree. I really can’t believe it.

Congrats Dirty! Sounds like you did a fine job raising him!

A Working Pro since 2004

Thats great! What school will he be going to?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s a dumpy little joint with a Acceptance rate: 5.9% called ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Harvard University .

yellaD
    Pro

Shower Show!!

Nice job Dirty. I may be doing that for the first time soon enough.

Any tips you can share are welcome.

Yea when you take the measurement for the door and lite, the opening size make sure you put a bubble stick on the 2 sides and get the number at the shortest point.

Sorry, I didn’t understand what a bubble stick is to determine the shortest distance…

edit: NVM, I just found your answer at the bottom of the page.
    BTW, what brand is the door? I wonder if there’s a big difference between the Kohler stuff and the Maxx or Mirolin stuff?

It’s a dumpy little joint with a Acceptance rate: 5.9% called ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Harvard University .

A masters in architecture from Harvard? Wow. Really great for him. You must be very proud. You clearly did something right Dirty 🙂

He can write his own ticket, thats for sure

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Shower Show!!

Yea when you take the measurement for the door and lite, the opening size make sure you put a bubble stick on the 2 sides and get the number at the shortest point.

Sorry, I didn’t understand what a bubble stick is to determine the shortest distance…

I’m sorry,, bubble sticks.

Attachments:
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Holy Sh!t!! That is awesome Dirty! Congratulations to you and your son!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Clev08
    Pro

Shower Show!!

I’m sorry,, bubble sticks.

I see stabila’s what brand are the other two. I’m not even going to ask why no empire, I already know the answer… Lol

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

As soon as you said Cambridge I had a feeling. That’s amazing news!

That is awesome Dirty. You folks have to be stoked. I’m sure he will do well there, from some of his work and experiences in the past he is a very well rounded young man. CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,012 total)
  • The topic ‘DirtyWhiteBoy Vol. 3’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.357 seconds