dcsimg

Did You Happen To See…Online Construction, Trade, Whatever Else Articles

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

BTW, Bob Vila was a HOST on a show that feature real contractors. I have no idea how everyone decided that he actually knew much about construction.

Mike Holmes syndrome? If you are Around it enough people, you’ll start to pick things up I guess.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

BTW, Bob Vila was a HOST on a show that feature real contractors. I have no idea how everyone decided that he actually knew much about construction.

Mike Holmes syndrome? If you are Around it enough people, you’ll start to pick things up I guess.

When I first moved into the place I am in now, I had a plumbing issue and @58chev suggested I go with the plumbers from mike holmes show. I did and let’s say I will never use them again.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Really? I know that Holmes himself isn’t a licensed contractor…Are the subs on those shows legit or just for show?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really? I know that Holmes himself isn’t a licensed contractor…Are the subs on those shows legit or just for show?

I’m beginning to wonder if any of these guys are licensed to do anything on these shows. But, still I get sucked into watching it…now my guilty pleasure is “Catch a Contractor”

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

When my daughters were young they would sit and wath this old hose and the new yankee workshop. and not say a peep.

I liked Mike Rowe and ” Dirty Jobs” program.

I thought he was. You sure?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Am I sure? No, but I certainly can’t find any license info on him.

I’ve read multiple times that he isn’t licensed. His website and HGTV don’t mention him holding a license. If he had one, I’d be able to find something about it.
    If I recall, a few BTP members have rubbed shoulders with the guy, perhaps they can chime in?

Edit:

Just for clarification, I like Mike Holmes. I feel like his shows teach the average homeowner things they should know about the construction process. However, I do find it a bit hypocritical that he’s always demanding the HOs hire a licensed contractor when he isn’t one (although he portrays one on TV).

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just for clarification, I like Mike Holmes.

I on the fence about him… I think he makes a living and TV show out of making a big deal about these hacks but it could very will be the people that are too cheap and took the low baller and got what they paid for.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Am I sure? No, but I certainly can’t find any license info on him.

I’ve read multiple times that he isn’t licensed. His website and HGTV don’t mention him holding a license. If he had one, I’d be able to find something about it.
    If I recall, a few BTP members have rubbed shoulders with the guy, perhaps they can chime in?

Edit:

Just for clarification, I like Mike Holmes. I feel like his shows teach the average homeowner things they should know about the construction process. However, I do find it a bit hypocritical that he’s always demanding the HOs hire a licensed contractor when he isn’t one (although he portrays one on TV).

these tv shows are called infotainment. I don’t remember his guy being licenced or not. I don’t believe I checked as I “assumed” he was. it was a pita when the plumber came over, eventually something he did to it didn’t work and was a shoddy job so it started to leak. I call him back and he says hey it wasn’t my fault. I was like to hell it wasn’t your fault, the leakage is where you soldered it. Anyways tries to twist my arm for 50 extra bucks I talked him down I believe and he left. I ended up complaining to the company and they gave me back the money. However with that sketch bag, I’ll never recommend them or use them again.

burr251
    Pro

If you ask me that list is a crock of______. Even the lead one. Homeowners are exempt from RRP. It’s only contractors that need to be licensed. That said its not a good idea to mess with lead paint, just shows that whoever wrote that list is a little misleading and was really reaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.369 seconds