dcsimg

did I over react?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d say if he did measure he’d have to be responsible.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Not that it would matter much about the way the sales guy treated you.
    Maybe the guy that measured did it right and whoever made the window messed up? Did they make a drawing when they measured?
    Still think it needs a call to a higher up in the company to solve the problem.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

If they measure it and not you then they are fully at blame , go after them !

Doobie

If they measure it and not you then they are fully at blame , go after them !

Yea. Isn’t that the the way it works?

Or is there some other unspoken rule about these types of situations. I’d be surprised if it was otherwise.

KenW
    Pro

I really think you under reacted. I think I would have went over his head and got something done.

I kinda agree with Ron. I would have remained polite with the salesman and when it became apparent he wasn’t going to help you, I would have called the company line and asked to speak to the sales rep’s boss.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@jdw1865

Have you had a chance to follow up on the windows?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@jdw1865

Have you had a chance to follow up on the windows?

i hope you got them to pay for windows. If not good then give them a factual review right on google maps.

Doobie

We’re not hearing back on this. I cringe to think he’s eating it! That would suck!

We’re not hearing back on this. I cringe to think he’s eating it! That would suck!

I did really want to hear back on this one. I hate when larger companies use their size over the littler one.

I would say you under reacted.

agreed. terrible salesman and I would let his boss know they lost your business because of him.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Took a little while to work it all out. Decided to work it out nice rather than getting heated. Went through our lumber salesman at the same yard.(strange setup). He is going to take care of us on the deal. Reading through the lines he must have gotten the same song and dance as I had. Making templates this go around

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

good that it is getting worked out

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Took a little while to work it all out. Decided to work it out nice rather than getting heated. Went through our lumber salesman at the same yard.(strange setup). He is going to take care of us on the deal. Reading through the lines he must have gotten the same song and dance as I had. Making templates this go around

I’m glad that worked out but i’d still be giving him a factual review somewhere visible to deter his bad habit for the next person.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have had a few similar experiences with traditionally framed homes. Once or twice it has lead to us not dealing with that salesman or lumber yard again. I just want people to man up to their mistakes the same way that I do. I have made some doozies in the past and although it hurts, I have taken the hit and moved on.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.551 seconds