dcsimg

did I over react?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The way he started with it not being his fault makes it sound like this isn’t his first screw up…..Regardless of whose fault it was it should have been jumping to help you fix it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I really think you under reacted. I think I would have went over his head and got something done.

I would do the same thing…and if it were me, I still would. You paid them, they gave you something useless.

oh I am not finished yet.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I agree with Chad. Sounds like he was really afraid to admit he screwed up again. I would just go up the ladder and get what you need and paid for. I sometimes try to avoid have a episode but it only hurts you.
    Let it go and the salesman just keeps doing the same thing to other people.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that’s messed up!!! Hope you get a Resolution soon.

Jummul
    Pro

I really think you under reacted. I think I would have went over his head and got something done.

This. In my opinion you under reacted big time. I would’ve called his boss, or a lawyer. No way a contractor would get away with this on my watch. I’m thankful to have a paralegal brother in law.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hope you find a solution. The first response should have been to offer to fix the problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I would talk to his manager. They should be very willing to help you out. Once it’s resolved never use them again for trying not to help at first.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I don’t think that you overreacted at all. The salesman is a dou** bag. I would go higher up the food chain and let his superiors know.

Trapezoidal windows, what happened to square windows. That’s your problem

I agree ! If they did the measuring then they are at fault . Go after them ! 🙂

It doesn’t sound like you overreacted. He measured the physical openings right? So that either means one of three things happened: 1) He measured wrong, 2) he wrote down the measurement wrong, or 3) the company built them larger than the correct dimension. In any of those three scenarios, it is definitely not your fault. I would call his boss and tell him his employee is being rude. There really isn’t any other explanation besides one of the three things listed above (unless you took apart the house and rebuilt it a different dimension), there should be no excuse for you eating this cost.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Still waiting for the answer about what exactly was messed up. To reframe 6 windows may not be a huge deal. Not that it lets anyone off the hook, but if it can be easily changed, I would get it done and move on.

Doobie

He measured them, they’re wrong, it’s his fault. It’s that simple.

Maybe he’s got a history of screwing up and he knows his job is on the line.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Right there! Why else would he adamantly deny any wrongdoing doing?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Hope you find a solution. The first response should have been to offer to fix the problem.

I feel certain I will get the windows I need. There is another yard that sells the same windows and they have expressed interest in my business. They are going to get their shot. First thing will be this fiasco. BTW I haven’t paid for the messed up windows.

I figure this guy knew he messed up and that was the reason for the quick denial. I never ever insinuated that he messed up before he denied responsibility.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Still waiting for the answer about what exactly was messed up. To reframe 6 windows may not be a huge deal. Not that it lets anyone off the hook, but if it can be easily changed, I would get it done and move on.

Impossible to reframe the windows. The top goes up against a 8×12 beam that is part of the roof. They sit on top of a 8×12 beam that basically holds the walls up. All exposed. I have to have the right windows.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Impossible to reframe the windows. The top goes up against a 8×12 beam that is part of the roof. They sit on top of a 8×12 beam that basically holds the walls up. All exposed. I have to have the right windows.

I see. I forgot about the post and beam construction.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

BTW I haven’t paid for the messed up windows.

Well that’s the good news!!! Bad news for the sales monkey.
    I hope you get some windows before the cows come home…

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I feel certain I will get the windows I need.

Only problem I see is the time to get new ones made. How long will that push the project back?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

When I ordered all of my windows for my house they insisted in coming out to measure them themselves to make sure the numbers were right .I told them that I knew exactly how to take the proper measurements so I made them take my word for it .All of the windows fit perfectly 🙂 I never trust them to do it right .

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

I agree with others on this, you under-reacted.
    Salesmen should not be the ones who measure, they should sell.
    I hope it works out for you in the end.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

I think you handled it well, but like numerous members mentioned, I probably would call back and ask to speak with a higher superior. He should be been trying to help get your situation figured out, not pointing the fingers.

Maybe he has made several mistakes prior, and his immediate supervisor already has given him a warning??
    That’s why he was in a defensive mode

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.408 seconds