dcsimg

did I over react?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I am buiding a custom house an it has six trapezoid windows. The have been trouble from gitgo. When we ordered them 6 weeks ago the salesman came out to help measure them. Well they came in and didn’t fit. I called to tell him they dint fit in a matter of fact tone. Didn’t blame anyone. Just said they didn’t fit. His immediate response was “its not my fault. I’m not resposible” phrases he repeated numerous times. I even tried to move on and he wouldn’t shut up how it wasn’t his fault and he wasn’t responsible. Never asked what I needed or how he could help. I held my tongue but my plan is wait for an impossible meteorological event causing hypothermic reations to occur in the nether regions before I deal with this salesman or company again.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

If the Salesman was part of taking the measurements then I would hold him accountable for replacing the window.

A Working Pro since 2004

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Unfortunately it is never their fault. They seem to have a million disclaimers in their purchase contracts stating that fact. Many times I have had to design a window the next house or an addition to use up a mis-order, even when I did not get the window I ordered because they entered something wrong on the order form and I did not catch it.

In almost all cases my supplier has bent over backwards to help me get something that would work to replace it.

I would be upset if they took that attitude also.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Sounds to me like you did the right thing. It would be nice if the guy was willing to work with you on the issue. I’m sure if he keeps it up he won’t be in sales for long.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

If the Salesman was part of taking the measurements then I would hold him accountable for replacing the window.

So who is at fault then…in his Expert opinion? I think you let him off Easy. His sole job is to recommend and measure! I would have demanded a refund and taken my business elsewhere if he spoke to me that way.

Just so everything is clear, he did measure an actual rough opening, yes? The order wasn’t placed based upon drawings?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Im not sure i disagree with you. If i dont get good customer support be it anyones fault i will stop doing business with them

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I was more upset by the attitude then by the fact they didn’t want to stand behind the windows. at the point I called I wasn’t really worried about whose fault it was or who was going to pay. I just knew I had six holes that need Windows and I didn’t have any windows to put in them and needed them as quick as possible.I had a problem and called the salesman hoping he would help me and all he wanted to do was cover his own butt. I don’t call salesman so they can cover around but I call salesman so i can get things fixed one way or the other if I would have had to buy the windous I would have bought the wind is to keep the project rolling but as it is now I’m not buying anything from them at all

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

If he doesn’t stand behind this simple problem of him miss measuring. What happens if there are now problems in the future?

No matter who the fault is blamed at, it is P poor service. He wouldn’t have to take blame. All he had to say was, I will call the company and get this cleared up. Sorry for any inconvenience but I will make sure they d

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

So what exactly is the fit problem? Is the shape of the hole incorrect, or is it just too tight?

redwood
    Pro

I don’t think that you overreacted at all. The salesman is a dou** bag. I would go higher up the food chain and let his superiors know.

Trapezoidal windows, what happened to square windows. That’s your problem

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

As you describe it, my next conversation would have been with his boss.

That stinks. I dont think you overreacted. Regardless who measured what wrong you need new windows and fast. That should be his primary concern.

Hey I have a 5/12 trapezoid window I will make you a deal on…lol! It happens to all of us.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I don’t think that you overreacted at all. The salesman is a dou** bag. I would go higher up the food chain and let his superiors know.

Trapezoidal windows, what happened to square windows. That’s your problem

Hazard of a custom house drawn for a graphic designer. This is the same house with the massive timbers.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I really think you under reacted. I think I would have went over his head and got something done.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think you acted a lot more professional than I would have. It happens and I jump on my sales rep (we have a pretty good relationship though) and he sometimes denies responsibility but he has good costumer service and rectifies it. In my opinion his adamant denial of responsibility tells me that he is somewhat responsible but rather than try to convince you it wasn’t his fault his first response should have been what can I do to help/fix/make this right.

RyanF
    Pro

Based on your description, it doesn’t seem like you reacted much at all.

I’m not one to rant and rave or cause a big stink about things, but I’ve learned that going away quietly and vowing to myself never to do business with someone again out of principle only ends up hurting me.

They screwed up, right? Presumably cost you money, right? So it’s either your money or theirs, right? Why should it be yours? Not giving them future business doesn’t make things right in the end. Maybe it hurts them, but you still lose, too. If you made a mistake with a customer, you’d eat the cost. You can’t be on the losing end both ways.

I wouldn’t stop at one person. Who knows, maybe that guy is a week away from getting fired. Try again. Good luck!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I really think you under reacted. I think I would have went over his head and got something done.

I would do the same thing…and if it were me, I still would. You paid them, they gave you something useless.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The fact this guy would not even listen to you tells me he knows he screwed up and figured if he deflected your call with all his talking he would get out of responsibility. He sounds quite sensitive so I wonder if he has done this to others. If he can’t measure and supply you what you need, he should find employment in another line. I would be talking to someone higher up in his company to get this rectified.

monman1
    Pro

I would say you under reacted.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.565 seconds