dcsimg

DIABLO

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The blades runs through dirt, sand, roots and a few cuts and it’s shot.

So true, I usually use all my old blades up if I need to do root cutting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

looks like Diablo is now the Premium grade of Bosch blades. Their new blades are getting good reviews. not cheap but definitely a good blade

The Only One You Will Ever Buy!

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

looks like Diablo is now the Premium grade of Bosch blades. Their new blades are getting good reviews. not cheap but definitely a good blade

I think as far as saw blades and router bits, Freud / Diablo have always been positioned as a premium item to the Bosch blades, It now appears that they are trying to move even more items into that catagory.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It now appears that they are trying to move even more items into that catagory.

Diablo came out with a new line of Thick and Thin Metal Cutting Blades using carbide teeth the thick metal blades last 50X longer than other premium blades. The same guys did a review on them. They work great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have used the thick cut blade by DIABLO.

I have to say I was impressed. I used it to cut old cast iron pipes. I have always used Lenox diamond blades when cutting cast iron pipes with a reciprocating saw.

Then one weekend I need to make some cuts to a 2″ CI pipe, my old blades were shot and I went to the store, no Lenox diamond blades. I end up getting a Diablo thick cut metal blade, thinking this is going to take a while. To my surprise the first cut took about 15-20 seconds. I almost couldn’t believe it. I made another cut, same thing. Since then I have been using the DIABLO thick metal blade. I recently bought a Bosch thick metal blade to try it. Haven’t had a chance to compare the two yet.

I have to say I was impressed. I used it to cut old cast iron pipes. I have always used Lenox diamond blades when cutting cast iron pipes with a reciprocating saw.

Then one weekend I need to make some cuts to a 2″ CI pipe, my old blades were shot and I went to the store, no Lenox diamond blades. I end up getting a Diablo thick cut metal blade, thinking this is going to take a while. To my surprise the first cut took about 15-20 seconds. I almost couldn’t believe it. I made another cut, same thing. Since then I have been using the DIABLO thick metal blade. I recently bought a Bosch thick metal blade to try it. Haven’t had a chance to compare the two yet.

That’s good to know , were did you buy them from HD

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

were did you buy them from HD

I have not bought any yet. I am waiting for them to become available at my local HD. Really like the Thick Metal cutting blades, in the video that thing just zips through a piece of thick metal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The Diablo blades I got from HD. The Bosch blades are part of a ten piece set I got from Lowe’s.

The Diablo blades I got from HD. The Bosch blades are part of a ten piece set I got from Lowe’s.

Thanks , I’ll have to check it out at my local HD , I’m still waiting for the Milwaukee speed square combo to get back in stock

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”The Only One You Will Ever Buy!” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/m2BfPC2tgkU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

I am not sure Diablo is the premium brand.

It seems to me they are merging.

I see some Bosch bits and blades rebranded as Diablo. Some of the newer Diablo stuff like the Starlock OMT blades and nail busting spade bits look identical to the Bosch bits except for the color. Is Bosch turning some accessories over to Diablo or are they offering the same thing in two packages like what S&B doing with Craftsman and Dewalt?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is Bosch turning some accessories over to Diablo or are they offering the same thing in two packages like what S&B doing with Craftsman and Dewalt?

Hard to say but it is clear Bosch wants Diablo to be a premium brand of blades. The question is whether the top blade in the “Bosch” line is the Diablo or the Bosch branded blade. And if there is a difference what is it?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It now appears that they are trying to move even more items into that catagory.

Diablo came out with a new line of Thick and Thin Metal Cutting Blades using carbide teeth the thick metal blades last 50X longer than other premium blades. The same guys did a review on them. They work great.

I have used the thick cutting blades a few times and they work great. Pricey, but they get the job done and that is what counts. Sometimes there are places where you cannot get a grinder, port-a-band or do not want to use a torch. In those cases, the Diablo blades are the best I have found.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have used the thick cutting blades a few times and they work great. Pricey, but they get the job done and that is what counts.

Still waiting for my Home depot to get them in stock. I need to get some.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey Sami , I was at HD yesterday , I saw the Diablo spade bits , I didn’t buy any because I have plenty of Bosch right now , but I didn’t see any recip thick blades , they are diablo right , how many in the package , and what is the price approximately.
    I will have to go back this week , so I wouldn’t mind picking up some.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

<div
    ice approximately.

I don’t know what’s available in Canada, but where I am in South Florida there are plenty of Diablo reciprocating saw blades available. They have various packages, some are “variety packs” such as a 4″ plus a 6″ plus a 9″ thick blade, some are five regular (not thick) blades with a bonus thick blade. The one I bought was a 6″ thick metal blade single and I think it was $9.99 or $10.99 something like that. It has gotten cheaper since then.

Right now they have two kinds of thick metal blades. They have the regular carbide thick metal blade (which is what I bought) and a higher end version called “AMPED thick metal carbide blade”. I am not exactly sure what AMPED does LOL but it’s like $15 instead of $10.

The 9″ Carbide single is $14.97 at HD and the 9″ AMPED single is $18.95. HOWEVER, there is currently a SPECIAL BUY for a two pack 9″ carbide for $14.97 so basically it’s half price. I typically use the 6″ most of the time as cutting cast iron pipe usually I am dealing with 2″ or 3″ pipes in trenches and the longer blades are more of a pain since they need wider or deeper trenches and I usually hold the saw straight down and cut across instead of holding the saw conventionally in a horizontal position and cut down, because this means a wider trench.

<div

ice approximately.

I don’t know what’s available in Canada, but where I am in South Florida there are plenty of Diablo reciprocating saw blades available. They have various packages, some are “variety packs” such as a 4″ plus a 6″ plus a 9″ thick blade, some are five regular (not thick) blades with a bonus thick blade. The one I bought was a 6″ thick metal blade single and I think it was $9.99 or $10.99 something like that. It has gotten cheaper since then.

Right now they have two kinds of thick metal blades. They have the regular carbide thick metal blade (which is what I bought) and a higher end version called “AMPED thick metal carbide blade”. I am not exactly sure what AMPED does LOL but it’s like $15 instead of $10.

The 9″ Carbide single is $14.97 at HD and the 9″ AMPED single is $18.95. HOWEVER, there is currently a SPECIAL BUY for a two pack 9″ carbide for $14.97 so basically it’s half price. I typically use the 6″ most of the time as cutting cast iron pipe usually I am dealing with 2″ or 3″ pipes in trenches and the longer blades are more of a pain since they need wider or deeper trenches and I usually hold the saw straight down and cut across instead of holding the saw conventionally in a horizontal position and cut down, because this means a wider trench.

Yeah I think I saw them , I was just in a hurry after work today , I exchanged the diamond and wheel from 4 to 5 inch , I think they are about 29 bucks for a package of 3 or something like that , I’ll pass by again near the end of the week , I have to return some other stuff I bought quickly
    And they still have not received those Milwaukee speed square kits that Sprokitz picked up 😭

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have used the thick cutting blades a few times and they work great. Pricey, but they get the job done and that is what counts.

Still waiting for my Home depot to get them in stock. I need to get some.

I am surprised you do not have them, the Home Depot’s in Minnesota have had them for probably 3 years.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.260 seconds