dcsimg

DIABLO

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What are your thoughts on Diablo consumables?

I am pretty impressed with their cast iron blades, cuts faster then Lenox diamond blades and cheaper.

They also make Bosch Starlock OMT blades.

They are owned by Bosch, yet Bosch makes consumables too. Do you ever see Bosch delegating all the consumables to Diablo?

or will they keep making two lines?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have used the carbide metal cutting reciprocal saw blades in the past with good success. they really last, pricey, but they get the job done.

I have also used their abrasives and router bits. I think their stuff is pretty good.

As for both making consumables, I think it will continue. Many other manufacturers make them under a lot of different manes.

Haven’t really used many Diablo blades , just the odd recip blade , it seems to last fairly long , but I did notice that the other day I saw the Diablo spade bits you mentioned that looked exactly like the bosch ,
    Honesty I really didn’t know that Diablo was owed by Bosch ,
    I have heard great things about the small circular saw blades from them.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Diablo is owned by Freud America, who is owned by Bosch.

Diablo is said to be the only tool company that produces it’s own carbide, allowing them to make application specific blades by optimiziing the carbide for different types of blades but I do not fully understand what that really means LOL.

Diablo is owned by Freud America, who is owned by Bosch.

Diablo is said to be the only tool company that produces it’s own carbide, allowing them to make application specific blades by optimiziing the carbide for different types of blades but I do not fully understand what that really means LOL.

Ah okay , I’ve been seeing plenty of publicity for the new core drill bits for concrete , or the 4 point rebar “eating bits ” or something like that , guess they are trying to get plenty of sales.
    They do look like decent quality

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I am pretty impressed with their cast iron blades, cuts faster then Lenox diamond blades and cheaper.

I very much doubt that there are blades made of cast iron.
    Maybe carbide-tipped blades that cut cast iron? Among other things.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I very much doubt that there are blades made of cast iron.
    Maybe carbide-tipped blades that cut cast iron? Among other things.

That’s what I mean, when I said “cast iron blades” I meant blades to cut cast iron pipes. It’s typically either carbide or diamond blades.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have used the Freud and Diablo saw blades for years and really like them. I have not tried the new bits but am looking forward to it. We go through a lot of the 3/16 bits for concrete screws.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am have been using Freud and Diablo saw blades in my TS & cir saw for few years. I really like them. You don’t break the bank when buying them either.
    I haven’t their recip blades yet.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I haven’t tried their recip blades yet.

The Bosch recip blades are pretty good. They don’t tend to bend as easily as a bunch of older Milwaukee blades I have. Once they bend, they’re not much good for most jobs even if you try to bend them back straight.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Diablo is a Bosch subsidiary a lot of Bosch’s technology is being used in the Diablo blades and bits. Think of Diablo as a premium Bosch blade.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Diablo is a Bosch subsidiary a lot of Bosch’s technology is being used in the Diablo blades and bits. Think of Diablo as a premium Bosch blade.

Thanks , I didn’t know that , I have yet to try many Diablo blades ,
    Guess I’ll have to watch out for any deals on them

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I haven’t tried their recip blades yet.

The Bosch recip blades are pretty good. They don’t tend to bend as easily as a bunch of older Milwaukee blades I have. Once they bend, they’re not much good for most jobs even if you try to bend them back straight.

I just remembered I bought some Bosch recip blades and I really like them. Your right once the blade bends it isn’t much good for any job. I pretty much toss the blade when this happens.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Diablo always has BF special deals check either Home Depot or Lowes they have them I am sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Diablo always has BF special deals check either Home Depot or Lowes they have them I am sure.

Yeah I was just looking at HD and Atlas tools and machinery yesterday , I put some circular saw blades in my cart , I will definitely like to get one for the new Bosch cordless circular saw when it comes out.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I still can’t find blades that last long if I cut roots with it. The blades runs through dirt, sand, roots and a few cuts and it’s shot.

I still can’t find blades that last long if I cut roots with it. The blades runs through dirt, sand, roots and a few cuts and it’s shot.

That’s for sure , I don’t know what it is when cutting in and around dirt /earth , but it definitely shortens the life of a blade

Doobie

That’s for sure , I don’t know what it is when cutting in and around dirt /earth , but it definitely shortens the life of a blade

Same goes for chainsaw blades. You just touch the dirt with using them or cut too claose to the ground at the base of a tree where there is often dirt imbedded at the base in the bark and they dull instantly.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Same goes for chainsaw blades. You just touch the dirt with using them or cut too claose to the ground at the base of a tree where there is often dirt imbedded at the base in the bark and they dull instantly.

True. A chainsaw chain doesn’t dirt what so ever. A little dirt will take the edge off the chain.

Greg

Very true ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.385 seconds