dcsimg

Diablo Sandnet Sandpaper disks – Abranet Killer?

This topic contains 77 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  montreal_woodworks 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I’ll be spending a lot of time with the 80 grit and the 1250DEVS when it gets here.

The problem I see is that the Diablo Sandnet comes in the 5″ size and the 1250DEVS has a 6″ pad. I have been unable to find a 5″ sanding pad replacement that fits the 1250. All of the Bosch 5″ pad fit every sander except the 1250 and 3727. I think this is due to those sanding pads having a gear molded into it for more power. Have you found the Diablo Sandnets in 6″? or found a 5″ Bosch pad?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I’ll be spending a lot of time with the 80 grit and the 1250DEVS when it gets here.

The problem I see is that the Diablo Sandnet comes in the 5″ size and the 1250DEVS has a 6″ pad. I have been unable to find a 5″ sanding pad replacement that fits the 1250. All of the Bosch 5″ pad fit every sander except the 1250 and 3727. I think this is due to those sanding pads having a gear molded into it for more power. Have you found the Diablo Sandnets in 6″? or found a 5″ Bosch pad?

The 5″ pad from the ROS65VC sander fits the 1250DEVS

I don’t know the part number, but since I have both, I treat the pads as interchangeable

@theamcguy

I’m going to be using the 5″ pad from the ROS65 on the 1250 DEVS, it works fine from what I’ve heard and @montreal_woodworks confirms it.

I also have the Festool Pro5 but I have yet to use it in comparison with the ROS65, supposedly the Pro5 is more aggressive for the stroke and I suspect it probably it is with the constant speed electronics. I’m surprised Bosch left that out of the ROS65, it isn’t there for the ROS20 but the ROS65 appears to be the flagship. Love the lack of vibration, but the Pro5 gives it a run since it also doesn’t really vibrate.

@theamcguy

I’m going to be using the 5″ pad from the ROS65 on the 1250 DEVS, it works fine from what I’ve heard and @montreal_woodworks confirms it.

I also have the Festool Pro5 but I have yet to use it in comparison with the ROS65, supposedly the Pro5 is more aggressive for the stroke and I suspect it probably it is with the constant speed electronics. I’m surprised Bosch left that out of the ROS65, it isn’t there for the ROS20 but the ROS65 appears to be the flagship. Love the lack of vibration, but the Pro5 gives it a run since it also doesn’t really vibrate.

Two very different beasts

The Pro5 is a near-zero dust, comfortable, lightweight finish sander (at least, thats how I use it) With an awesome edge guard for close inside corners

The ROS65 is a beast to use vertical or overhead. Good dust capture, but not as good as the Festool. The weight helps it keep in control. Between the weight being more than enough to let the tool do all the work, and the vibration control, it is my go-to for the middle sanding.

I like keeping different grits on the sanders and changing sanders instead of papers. For me, the 1250DEVS is where I start, often on aggressive mode. Then over to the ROS65VC all the way up. Verticals and tight corners get the Pro5 though. From there, I finish off with the Pro5, or the ROS65 with the bigger 6 inch pad, depending on the surface

I see the Pro5 as nicer when I want small and light to make comfort. The ROS65 is more of a beast, but it is a big luxury sedan of a sander, to the little sports car of the Pro5.

The 1250DEVS is the big heavy duty truck.

@montreal_woodworks

Agreed in that they’re both very different sanders. I got the Pro 5 to evaluate it against my ROS20. Right now the biggest thing going for the ROS20 is the grip on it, it has a very good round body grip whereas the Pro 5… Doesn’t. Otherwise the lack of vibration on the Pro 5 is a killer feature for me.

I might have I’ve read this wrong, supposedly the Pro 5 has an orbit stroke of 3mm? I forgot if the ROS65 is 2mm or 4mm (One of those is the stroke) which is why I remember it as being more aggressive.

@montreal_woodworks

Agreed in that they’re both very different sanders. I got the Pro 5 to evaluate it against my ROS20. Right now the biggest thing going for the ROS20 is the grip on it, it has a very good round body grip whereas the Pro 5… Doesn’t. Otherwise the lack of vibration on the Pro 5 is a killer feature for me.

I might have I’ve read this wrong, supposedly the Pro 5 has an orbit stroke of 3mm? I forgot if the ROS65 is 2mm or 4mm (One of those is the stroke) which is why I remember it as being more aggressive.

The 65 has a 2mm stroke. I agree with your assessment on that

@montreal_woodworks

There is also something else with the Pro5 that I think is definitely different from the ROS20 and ROS65: It seems to heat surfaces up a lot less. Its just something I noticed recently. Maybe its the airstream design where there’s make up air being allowed under the pad, but keeping the the same spot or concentrating it onto the edge of the pad doesn’t seem to heat the surface up as well. This might be why Festool seems to get more life out of their own sandpaper.

Abranet also seems to stay cooler on my Bosch sanders as well. This might be why it seems to last forever, it doesn’t let heat build up between the sanding media and the object being sanded.

I’ll be experimenting with getting some hole punches later. I got a collection of various brands and types of sandpaper and I’m curious as to what’s going on.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The 5″ pad from the ROS65VC sander fits the 1250DEVS

I don’t know the part number, but since I have both, I treat the pads as interchangeable

I was about to say the same…those pads fit on most random orbit sanders from bosch.
    RS6046 Hard, hook and loop, six-hole pad 6″ 1250DEVS, 3727DEVS, ROS65VC
    RS6045 Soft, hook and loop, six-hole pad 6″ 1250DEVS, 3727DEVS, ROS65VC
    RS6044 Extra soft, hook and loop, six-hole pad 6″ 1250DEVS, 3727DEVS, ROS65VC

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

Yes I’ve seen the peg trick it’s very effective, very in often do I have trouble with positioning. Never the less these mesh sanding disks are intriguing, definitely need some for my sanding kit!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We are getting close. @madman_us The part numbers you gave are for the 6″ pad, I am looking for the 5″ pad that fits the 1250DEVS. Do you have that number?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We are getting close. @madman_us The part numbers you gave are for the 6″ pad, I am looking for the 5″ pad that fits the 1250DEVS. Do you have that number?

Here you go

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/backing-pads-22811-c/

RS038

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

We are getting close. madman_us The part numbers you gave are for the 6″ pad, I am looking for the 5″ pad that fits the 1250DEVS. Do you have that number?

Oops 😀 quite a fail haha
    But I see that Eric already posted the right link for the pads

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MW Thank you for the info but I am so confused. I am looking for a 5″ pad for the 1250DEVS. Nothing in the chart posted works. The RSO38 pad according to the description is a pressure sensitive pad yet Bosch also says it is hook and loop in the description. Can anybody see why customers would be confused?

Here is what I need 5″ pad that fits the 1250DEVS Hook and Loop. What is the number?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MW Thank you for the info but I am so confused. I am looking for a 5″ pad for the 1250DEVS. Nothing in the chart posted works. The RSO38 pad according to the description is a pressure sensitive pad yet Bosch also says it is hook and loop in the description. Can anybody see why customers would be confused?

Here is what I need 5″ pad that fits the 1250DEVS Hook and Loop. What is the number?

I have no idea why the 5″ isn’t listed as acceptable for the 1250devs, but I can confirm that every backing pad that I own for the ROS65VC will fit and work with the 1250DEVS

I will check the pads themselves when I get e moment to look for the part number, but if it says ROS65VC, it WILL work

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have no idea why the 5″ isn’t listed as acceptable for the 1250devs, but I can confirm that every backing pad that I own for the ROS65VC will fit and work with the 1250DEVS

Wonder if they feel the RPM speed it to high with the 5″ pad?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

If anyone sees then in Canada; let me know. I would like to give them a try. My real complaint with conventional 6 hole discs is the difficulty getting the holes to line up properly with the vents in the pad.

Big old ditto for me, I like abranet, and Diablo products, so I’d be up for trying the new ones by Diablo.

Will

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I will check the pads themselves when I get e moment to look for the part number, but if it says ROS65VC, it WILL work

Perfect, Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ill check the product number for the mirka pads that i have for the abranets. they go on your sanders existing pad before the abranet so that the sanders pad doesnt wear out both from the heat friction but the dust clogging it up

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

ill check the product number for the mirka pads that i have for the abranets. they go on your sanders existing pad before the abranet so that the sanders pad doesnt wear out both from the heat friction but the dust clogging it up

Lee Valley calls those Platen Protectors

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like the 1250DEVS needs the RSO38 5″ pad. I have one in my amazon cart that will come in the next order. Thank you all.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.517 seconds