dcsimg

Dewalt's New saw 2017-18 Rear Handle saw

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

It is not a worm drive, you can tell from the motor position. The axis of the motor is parallel to the axis of the blade, for a worm drive saw the axis of the motor has to be perpendicular to the axis of the blade. It looks like a repackaging of their original flexvolt circular saw. Still a nice looking tool, I would be interested to feel the balance of it with the weight distribution, it could feel odd.

It is not a worm drive, you can tell from the motor position. The axis of the motor is parallel to the axis of the blade, for a worm drive saw the axis of the motor has to be perpendicular to the axis of the blade. It looks like a repackaging of their original flexvolt circular saw. Still a nice looking tool, I would be interested to feel the balance of it with the weight distribution, it could feel odd.

It’s a direct drive saw . There also saying it has 200 more watts then a worm-drive saw . Only time will tell . The center housing is plastic not metal to not add weight around the battery spot .

Dewalt 2400
    Skilsaw 2200

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s a direct drive saw . There also saying it has 200 more watts then a worm-drive saw .

Well I am sure someone will test it against the Skill worm drive to see how it compares.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s a direct drive saw . There also saying it has 200 more watts then a worm-drive saw .

Well I am sure someone will test it against the Skill worm drive to see how it compares.

the video one page ahead already shows it’s faster than a corded skilsaw, and the makita 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive talked to 2 or 3 of the guys who were at the event, they all said it is more powerful than the makita, not to mention both milwaukee and dewalt are dropping hints that they are upgrading their battery tech again next year to using hte cells that are used in the core battery

as for the motor in the new dewalt.. this is just a guess but the motor housing and handle look quite similar to the dewalt flex volt chainsaws handle. hopefully i will be able to get a better idea shorly as im expecting the brand new 20v dewalt chainsaw any day to review. also i am going to try see if i can represent the @tbbcrew at the “tough in the north 2018” this winter in quebec they might have more info at that time

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

@jkirk I believe I seen on IG someone post that it’s an up grade from the flex volt right bladed saw this out now .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the new dewalt rear handle circular saw definitely draw a ton of attention at the event and also on IG.

this is just a guess but the motor housing and handle look quite similar to the dewalt flex volt chainsaws handle

That’s what I heard as well

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your right,, they simply modified the existing flex volt saw with a hook.. courtesy of canadian carpenters voice being heard by their r&d team

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

your right,, they simply modified the existing flex volt saw with a hook.. courtesy of canadian carpenters voice being heard by their r&d team

Did you also notice it only takes diamond knock out blades .

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.243 seconds