dcsimg

Dewalt tough box radio

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

I personally don’t own one but have heard great things from others. I hear the sound is amazing but don’t look for it to charge the batteries quickly. It takes several hours to charge a 5.0 amp battery.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I personally don’t own one but have heard great things from others. I hear the sound is amazing but don’t look for it to charge the batteries quickly. It takes several hours to charge a 5.0 amp battery.

Nice to know. I still don’t know anyone with one, and haven’t even seen one in any stores around here yet, but I get bored fast waiting for a battery to charge. So if it really does take a long time to charge up a 5.0 it might be slowly drifting off my radar.

Nice to know. I still don’t know anyone with one, and haven’t even seen one in any stores around here yet, but I get bored fast waiting for a battery to charge. So if it really does take a long time to charge up a 5.0 it might be slowly drifting off my radar.

I can’t give you an exact time to charge but the guy I know who has one said he stopped checking on the battery after waiting for 1 1/2 hours.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can’t give you an exact time to charge but the guy I know who has one said he stopped checking on the battery after waiting for 1 1/2 hours.

That doesn’t sound good.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That doesn’t sound good.

I think that is one downfall to these bigger AH batteries. Can you imagine what a 6ah battery takes to charge on a regular charger??!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Have you guys ever tried charging a 4ah on the pb360 it takes forever. I cant remeber the last time I used it to charge.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Have you guys ever tried charging a 4ah on the pb360 it takes forever. I cant remeber the last time I used it to charge.

do you have a regular charger and a speed charger? maybe you can time it and do a little race.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The PB360 is not a very efficient charger. It has the ability to charge to by no means is it the fast charger.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The PB360 is not a very efficient charger. It has the ability to charge to by no means is it the fast charger.

It really sucks actually. The whole point is to have an all in one solution. Hopefully it will be addressed in the L-boxx radio (when/if they ever build one!)

I still like the PB360 over all, but a L-boxx version with dual fast chargers would be SWEET.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

do you have a regular charger and a speed charger? maybe you can time it and do a little race.

I have 2 quick chargers, a regular charger and the radio, the last time I charged something on the radio it was at least 3 hours

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I have 2 quick chargers, a regular charger and the radio, the last time I charged something on the radio it was at least 3 hours

Wow, I never noticed things taking that long to charge on radios before. But I’ve really never relied solely on my radio to charge, I’ve always still had a second charger going at the same time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I still like the PB360 over all, but a L-boxx version with dual fast chargers would be SWEET.

Now your talking Brad an L-Boxx radio with a true fast charger. Of course with the PB360 sound too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow that is significantly longer. I don’t ever recall it taking more than 45 mins to charge my 18v’s. You would think since this is a top tier radio plus charging station they would want to keep the quality and standard high

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

this is still on my want list. I have a whole pile of 20v chargers so I’m not too worried about whether or not it charges fast. I’d be more inclined to run it off of a battery rather than have it charge one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dose anyone here have this DeFalt charger? I see Ridgid has a new one out.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Which DeWalt charger Dirty? What new charger does Ridgid have?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Which DeWalt charger Dirty? What new charger does Ridgid have?

Oh I’m sorry I meant radio,, DeFalt Radio.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No DeFault radio here. Tried looking for the new Ridgid radio but can’t find anything.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Tried looking for the new Ridgid radio but can’t find anything.

It’s over here.
    https://www.facebook.com/ridgidpowertools/?ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1460581794329427

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Tried looking for the new Ridgid radio but can’t find anything.

It’s over here.
    https://www.facebook.com/ridgidpowertools/?ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1460581794329427

Looks like a decent radio for those guys on the Ridgid system. Thank you for the link Dirty

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.453 seconds