dcsimg

Dewalt tough box radio

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Well someone had to be the first and this looks to be a winner. I like it a LOT.

A radio that fits into your stack. This just hit my email.

I hope someone follows up with an L-boxx radio.

http://toughsystemmusic.dewalt.com/

Has all the things I want. Dual voltage charger, USB ports, stack, tough, and 3D sound.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well someone had to be the first and this looks to be a winner. I like it a LOT.

A radio that fits into your stack. This just hit my email.

I hope someone follows up with an L-boxx radio.

http://toughsystemmusic.dewalt.com/

Has all the things I want. Dual voltage charger, USB ports, stack, tough, and 3D sound.

Uh oh, That one looks like it’ll give the Bosch PB a run for it’s money. Although I didn’t see the cost but it’s got some nice features, I didn’t see a remote control though. And it’s only water ‘resistant’, Not ‘proof’. I hate when a company uses that term, Especially when they show it out in the pouring rain like this did. It’s deceiving. Heck, a wet noodle, a piece of paper and a sponge is water resistant LOL……Nice find anyway, I like it

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is pretty amazing ! They have come a long way since their first radio . I have their very first model and it is still going strong .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I like it! Checked out links in the ad and came up with a retail of $US199. You’re right, Brad, it has all the good features plus stackability.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

You almost have to think that Bosch must be planning to release an L-boxx radio / power centre before too much longer. Makes so much sense to have it part of the system.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I have a strange urge to start dismantling my Powerbox and taking a dremel to my L-BOXX 2. That thing looks so CLEAN. And they actually made it work in the middle of the stack too, awesome. Come on Bosch, don’t make me mangle this up myself.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

And look what I found, now I’m more motivated.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh man Brad that is nice. Wouldn’t it be nice for Bosch to follow suit. hint hint

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is pretty sweet. For now I’m real happy with my new PB180.
    Maybe by the time I get a collection of L-boxes going Bosch will have one out.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I love dewalt radios, they’ve always been on top of the game. I’ll really think about getting this since I already have the cart and a tough box or two.

I have been toying with…just toying with dumping my Bosch 18v stuff for Dewalt 20v stuff. They just have way more options out there. But I love my brushless impact and sds….

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh it looks nice and has all the features ,, I just hope they addressed the reception problems the older ones always had.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Dewalt radios always have been popular on the job sites. Seeing all the other tool brands releasing new radios it only made sense that Dewalt released something new. Thanks for the link, nice to be on top of the new tool releases!

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Got that email and saw that new radio. Hope Bosch follows suit and can create L-BOXX Radio. Then I might think of getting one so I can take it on the road.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

just toying with dumping my Bosch 18v stuff for Dewalt 20v stuff.

Andrew you are correct, more options on the DeWalt line. Bosch tools are nice but as we have discovered they have 2 weaknesses

Their 12 & 18V line is lacking in variety

Their releases to NA are slow and way behind schedule. By the time the tool gets here it almost obsolete and being replaced in Europe with an updated model (which we’ll never see).

If Bosch is to be serious about the NA market then these two items will need to be addressed.

Recently I bought a DeWalt spotlight on sale and then had the buy the DeWalt 20V batteries and charger for it. No tools yet but I am ready if a deal pops up..

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Got that email and saw that new radio. Hope Bosch follows suit and can create L-BOXX Radio. Then I might think of getting one so I can take it on the road.

yah it would be a very interesting add on to the tower of power. I didn’t understand why they came out with the bluetooth setup with the same physical form. I would’ve thought they would make one lboxx compatible

just toying with dumping my Bosch 18v stuff for Dewalt 20v stuff.

Andrew you are correct, more options on the DeWalt line. Bosch tools are nice but as we have discovered they have 2 weaknesses

Their 12 & 18V line is lacking in variety

Their releases to NA are slow and way behind schedule. By the time the tool gets here it almost obsolete and being replaced in Europe with an updated model (which we’ll never see).

If Bosch is to be serious about the NA market then these two items will need to be addressed.

Recently I bought a DeWalt spotlight on sale and then had the buy the DeWalt 20V batteries and charger for it. No tools yet but I am ready if a deal pops up..

I don’t want to…I love my brushless tools I have!! But we have the Dewalt framer and that thing rocks. Also just added the small blower and it is perfect for cleaning up saw dust around your work area.

I really don’t care for the Bosch 18v circular saw and I saw Dewalt is getting ready to release a brushless version of therirs…..not an easy choice at all.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I didn’t understand why they came out with the bluetooth setup with the same physical form.

Because it was easier and faster to get it to market. Rather than redesign the whole radio they just added and subtracted features. Made it easier and faster to get it to market. When most people do a comparison test of job site radios the Bosch PB360 is at or very near the top of the list when the testing is complete. I think they should keep the PB360 series for ultimate performance but redesign the PB180 to be L-boxx stack compatible. If they stack the PB360 then you would maybe lose the effects of the bottom sub woofer speaker.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But we have the Dewalt framer and that thing rocks.

I can’t disagree with you there. Makita is really lacking in the 18volt guns.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I am not sure why Bosch is so slow to get things to market. It’s a real shame that the products don’t make it over here. (or are super slow to market)

Metal cutting saw.
    12V saw
    Flexi click interchangeable head drills
    Reaxx TS

I am really happy with the cordless I have, and have not felt limited except for a blower and the circ saw options. Oh, and a grease gun. I guess there are more things then you think…

The PB360 is a beast and I can’t see them replacing it. It’s THE best radio out there, IMO. But an L-boxx option would be great.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.383 seconds