dcsimg

Dewalt & Bosch: New screw gun released.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Toolnut sent me an e-mail about ordering now there dewalt 20v drywall guns that ship soon . Bare tool , tool kit and auto feed comin soon .

Always willing to learn .

I got that same email. Pricing on the Dewalt is way better than the Bosch. I wonder why? I want to see a head to head between the two.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

most if not all of dewalts tools are better priced than Bosch. Seems as if bosch is moving more towards competition with festool or hilti than to makita/dewalt

most if not all of dewalts tools are better priced than Bosch. Seems as if bosch is moving more towards competition with festool or hilti than to makita/dewalt

I agree…but are they worth it in all tools? Their design looks more comfortable, but does the motor have the torque to drive in screws into yellow pine over and over…and does the Dewalt? I have used a couple different models of the Senco duraspin guns and some could drive screws in harder wood and some couldn’t.

Andrew

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I’m rockin tomorrow on some 100 year old studs… Talk about some hard wood 🙁

--Steve

Nothing like some native lumber to wreak havoc on your tools and screws!

Andrew

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

After using Dewalt tools for the last 20 years I have notice a huge difference in quality too so I can see why they are cheaper to buy .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I got that same email. Pricing on the Dewalt is way better than the Bosch. I wonder why? I want to see a head to head between the two.

I would be inclined to say that the price difference would be reflected in the quality of the two tools.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

KenW
    Pro

Just saw this article, thoughts anyone?

Strictly on appearance I prefer the Bosch. The slim line is nice.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DeWalt runs a lot of specials and when they do they have great prices. Bosch focuses on $20 off orders over $100 etc. Very seldom do you see a killer price on Bosch kit or even a bare tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

That cordless roto zip on the dewalt page looks pretty slick too.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

DeWalt runs a lot of specials and when they do they have great prices. Bosch focuses on $20 off orders over $100 etc. Very seldom do you see a killer price on Bosch kit or even a bare tool.

A few Bosch items have gone on clearance near me…and that’s the Only time you see a big discount.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I don’t have the need for a true drywall gun, I don’t hang to much drywall, but if I needed to, I probably would go with the Bosch, it has more of a stream line look to it, so I’m guessing it is probably lighter in weight. And at 3400 screws.

comparison of dewalt bosch makita hilti Senco cordless guns

we have the Dewalt at work and it’s a dream.

I just ordered the Bosch for my own collection since that’s the system I’m invested into already.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I demoed the dewault and was not happy with it at all. Lack of any real variable speed and issues with depth from the nose cone

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

comparison of dewalt bosch makita hilti Senco cordless guns

we have the Dewalt at work and it’s a dream.

I just ordered the Bosch for my own collection since that’s the system I’m invested into already.

I like the one OA has with a small 12volt battery.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I demoed the dewault and was not happy with it at all. Lack of any real variable speed and issues with depth from the nose cone

Variable speed on a drywall gun? How and when would you want something like that?

Are you referring to a VS trigger or a separate dial?

Jon P.
    Instagram

yeah, what drywall guns have variable speed? and there should be no issues with the nose cone as long as you lock it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Variable speed on a drywall gun? How and when would you want something like that?

The slower guns are used for steel building and the variable speed is used with thicker CFS and self drilling screws.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like the one OA has with a small 12volt battery.

I do too but I believe in is NAINA.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.472 seconds