dcsimg

Ddh183

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Bosch’s NA site doesn’t make distinction between stall torque and running torque, so what you see is higher of the two which is stall torque. Their UK site lists both and it’s actually quite interesting.

The brushed brute tough drill has 85 / 42 Nm of torque, whereas the brushless has 75 / 47 Nm. So while you have less stall torque, there’s more running torque. Less impressive on paper, but more useful in reality.

I might be learning something new here. Never knew these torque distinctions. Could you link to one of the comparable Bosch Euro/UK tools mentioned here in this thread and its related NA model # @jzmtl? Bosch has so many drils, I wouldn’t know where to start, and if you know your way easily around there, it would greatly be appreciated.

I also wonder how honest/accurate and comparable these ratings are from one manufacturer to another. I learned years ago about how the HP ratings on some tools like vacs for example was largely a bunch of Malarkey. Is it the same maybe with these drill ratings between one manufacturer and another? I honestly don’t know.

At more than a dozen drills now with Bosch I’ve aquired since last year, I’m comfortable within their rating system and using their tools I am getting what I expect from them. Comparing to competitors for me is not something I need to know, but I am curious.

I don’t know the model number equivalent either lol, I just look at the photos and figure out which is which.

Here’s HDH181, https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/product/cordless-combi-gsb-18-ve-2-li–34754

HDH183: https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/product/cordless-combi-gsb-18-ve-ec–39505

Look under technical data section.

Thanks for the links, wow some great information about the two models,
    I will definitely be picking one up,
    I really like my HDH181, but the newer HDS183 looks like they put in some great improvements.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY
    Doobie

http://pressroom.boschtools.com/news-releases?item=122550

That answers a few things. Thanks for posting that Austin. 👍

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

http://pressroom.boschtools.com/news-releases?item=122550

That answers a few things. Thanks for posting that Austin.

Except when we can expect to see them in NA. Hopefully soon. They sound like big improvements over the current models.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Bosch na on their instagram told me fall so I would think sometime next month they will be ready for purchase

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch na on their instagram told me fall so I would think sometime next month they will be ready for purchase

Really that would be nice. Great news if it holds up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Which year? 😩

Lol! 😁😁

It can’t be too long now. The Tools In Action guys did a review:

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I thought the DDS183 was already out?

Doobie

Why do those two bozos get tools before others. Sheesh!

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Those are the compacts dds and has. They have been out for like a month now. The hdh and ddh are the heavy duty ones that are coming.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I tested them at the world of concrete – I definitely want to add those to my arsenal – also because of the “Röhm”-Chuck or here called metal chuck. and the anti kick back.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Those are the compacts dds and has. They have been out for like a month now. The hdh and ddh are the heavy duty ones that are coming.

Thanks for clarifying.

Indeed!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Because their videos generate a lot of views. Like them or not people watch and the tools get exposure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Can’t wait, I definitely want the hdh, the dds183 is on the list, but as you mentioned that’s the compact right?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Because their videos generate a lot of views. Like them or not people watch and the tools get exposure.

yup its all about eyeballs and how many of them can get the viewers, they do seo well and if you search a tool they have reviewed, you will see it pop up on youtube first.

Doobie

I tested them at the world of concrete – I definitely want to add those to my arsenal – also because of the “Röhm”-Chuck or here called metal chuck. and the anti kick back.

That’s why I jumped on the current non-brushless model when I saw it on clearance recently at basically 60% off. That Kickback Control will be a nice feature for certain tasks.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

yup its all about eyeballs and how many of them can get the viewers, they do seo well and if you search a tool they have reviewed, you will see it pop up on youtube first.

Meh it’s more entertainment than anything. Kinda like watching top gear for deciding on which car to buy

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Fyi the ddh183 and hdh183 are now available. They come in a kit with the newest fast charger and 2 4ah batteries

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

and maybe just a matter of time that we gonna see them as a bare tool too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.489 seconds