dcsimg

Ddh183

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

https://youtu.be/GG_KNNAUhwc boschs new brushless drills @madman_us

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

How is the dds183 different from the 182?

Aren’t they both brushless?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

This here are the new drill driver with and without hammermode, out of the brute tough series.
    they have anti kick back (renamed from active response technology)
    with EMP and with metal chuck. In Germany this chuck is called “Röhm-“chuck.
    the front metal piece of the chuck does not rotate with the drill/chuck.
    so when you touch the workpiece with the chuck is does not scratch the workpiece or chuck.

the DDS183 and 182 are pretty much the same. besides of the 183 has a different design, anti kick back, metal chuck and both have EC motor.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Looks like kickback control, metal chuck lower gear reduction and a metal gear case. Not sure if this succeeds the HDH drills, or is a new intermediate model.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The dds is the compact line, less power and smaller

What is a real let down is the torque. 663 inch pounds of torque? Are you kidding me. The old hdh181 has 750. All other major brands have at least 1000. Even most of the other diy brands have more power than that. This is a big step backwards.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The dds is the compact line, less power and smaller

What is a real let down is the torque. 663 inch pounds of torque? Are you kidding me. The old hdh181 has 750. All other major brands have at least 1000. Even most of the other diy brands have more power than that. This is a big step backwards.

Ha, was that youtube comment from you?

We’ll have to see if this actually replaces the HDH or a new intermediary model, although I’m leaning towards the latter. Bosch only has a few models compare to bazillon from other brands, so maybe they want to diverse a bit.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah it was me, I really want a big powerful drill that can turn some big hole saws no problem

Doobie

Neither are depicted in the video or are the previous non-brushless version of the DDH183 or HDH183 brushless drills with what they formerly called Active Response Technology (A.R.T.) and according to the video are now simply calling KickBack Control. Their corresponding predecessors would be the DDH181X and its hammer drill brother HDH181X.

I just bought a DDH181X this week on clearance for about 40% of its pre-clearance price.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I just bought a DDH181X this week on clearance for about 40% of its pre-clearance price.

You needed another drill, right?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

You needed another drill, right?

Yep! I was gettin the shakes! 😉

I actually wasn’t planning on it, but I was familiar with that model and couldn’t pass up such a good price on it. That ART/KickBack Control is what I didn’t have in a drill that I really wanted.

The only other drill I would kinda like is one with hammer action. My smallest hammer is a Bosch SDS-Plus Bulldog. Be nice to have a smaller one kickin around.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

This is the Bosch we’ve been waiting for. Hopefully we’ll see some more awesome new tools released soon

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

They changed the term to Anti Kickback Control from Active Response Technology because of I believe patent rights or something like that.
    I could need a brute tough drill – don’t have one yet from that series.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

This is the Bosch we’ve been waiting for. Hopefully we’ll see some more awesome new tools released soon

I haven’t seen either the press release nor can I find the product pages for either of them.

How did you come accross the video @Masterbosch ?

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I follow bosch power tools YouTube channel @doobie

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Doobie

I follow bosch power tools YouTube channel @doobie

Didn’t realize they had one, but it makes sense.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

boschs new brushless drills madman_us

Nice find @masterbosch. Lets hope that Bosch starts to bombard the market with their new line up.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting video Thank you for posting MB. Not sure I am for the reduction in power though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I don’t get the power loss comments. It’s like 6.5% less than its predecessors and that’s likely because they are now brushless. It’s nothing.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I don’t get the power loss comments. It’s like 6.5% less than its predecessors and that’s likely because they are now brushless. It’s nothing.

its more power loss than that. And even if it as only 6% it’s still backwards. When every other competitors came out with their top of the line brushless it made a big jump in power. The latest brushless fuel that is out literally has twice the power.

Doobie

its more power loss than that. And even if it as only 6% it’s still backwards.

I’ve seen this with other brushless upgrades that Bosch has done. A slight loss of torque when they go brushless.

The latest brushless fuel that is out literally has twice the power.

I’ve not been lucky with Milwaukee drills. They tend to have issues in my experience. All but one of the five Milwaukee drills I’ve owned have had problems. Really not looking at getting any more of their stuff.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.540 seconds