dcsimg

Daredevil spade

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Could anyone tells me what is the big difference between this spade bit and auger bit ?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Could anyone tells me what is the big difference between this spade bit and auger bit ?

The differences aren’t huge, but these feel more aggressive, better chip clearing and bigger blowout in the back. Of course they are more compact and cheaper too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I only use 7/16″-shaft nail-eating ship auger bits, both 18″ and the 6″ or so. The beauty of these Daredevils is that you can run them in your 1/4″-hex impact, or in a less-powerful cordless drill. Unfortunately, a nail strike or two and they are done, but they are cheap enough to be disposable, at least using them professionally. I use them primarily in places where I can’t get one of my large drills.

I’ve used many spade bits in my lifetime however the Dare Devil was easy & effortless. The way Bosch designed the bit to just bore through wood like a hot knife through butter is amazing. Irwin bits I thought where the best but boy was I wrong.

A spade bit is flat & wide where as an Auger bit I believe is more of a spiraled dill bit with a snail on the end that bites through the wood and keeps pulling the bit through what it is your trying to go through. Hope this answers your question

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Its interesting to hear it right from Bosch why the spade bits are better. The cool thing is that it does actually work!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?index=2&list=PLE0C6D823D836C0A7&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I have used the Daredevil spade bits, and I think they’re very good bits. They drill fast with little need to push on the bit. I’ve used the reciprocating saw blades, IMO those are just okay, nothing special. I’ve never used the circular saw blades.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have used the Daredevil spade bits, and I think they’re very good bits. They drill fast with little need to push on the bit. I’ve used the reciprocating saw blades, IMO those are just okay, nothing special. I’ve never used the circular saw blades.

Great bits if you need to drills a few quick holes to pull some wire.
    I used mine last year to run some wire and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it went through joists.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I used mine last year to run some wire and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it went through joists.

Many moons ago, I used for buy the scrappy tire job mate, always dulled so fast, and always replacing them, when I bought the Bosch spade bits , never had to replace any yet,

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Many moons ago, I used for buy the scrappy tire job mate, always dulled so fast, and always replacing them, when I bought the Bosch spade bits , never had to replace any yet,

I wouldn’t buy anything that says job mate on them now 🙂

I wouldn’t buy anything that says job mate on them now :-)

That’s for sure, I was just starting out in the Bosch tools way back then, I know better now 🙂

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Jobmate wasn’t as bad as today 5 or so years back, it’s getting worse and worse though. I sharpened the jobmate spade bits and they work a lot better.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I shared these with a homeowner doing some plumbing last year and agree at how easy they go through.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

agree at how easy they go through.

Oh man the Daredevil spade bits are super sharp , I love them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That’s for sure, I was just starting out in the Bosch tools way back then, I know better now :)

I have never bought any Jobmate stuff but do have come Mastercraft stuff that I’m not proud of.

I have one Irwin Speedbor MAX Speed Bits 4″, have not taken it out of the package but it looks like it can go through wood with no issues.

It has three cutting edges instead of the usual two.

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

agree at how easy they go through.

Oh man the Daredevil spade bits are super sharp , I love them.

I have a set of the Daredevil spade bits and agree they really sharp.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have one Irwin Speedbor MAX Speed Bits 4″, have not taken it out of the package but it looks like it can go through wood with no issues.

I have a set like these. They do cut through wood very fast.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The Irwin’s are definitely a good bit, but they aren’t quite as fast as the Daredevil bits.

When Bosch released the Daredevil spades, thee was a video floating around showing the two head your head. Both did the job, but the Bosch was much faster.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Speedbor bits are nice, but not worth the premium over what the Daredevils cost when purchased in a set. The Daredevils are cheap enough that if I hit a nail, I just chuck it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The Speedbor bits are nice, but not worth the premium over what the Daredevils cost when purchased in a set. The Daredevils are cheap enough that if I hit a nail, I just chuck it.

At $3 for the 7/8″, if I hit a nail I won’t be overly concerned.

The Irwin’s are definitely a good bit, but they aren’t quite as fast as the Daredevil bits.

Haven’t used the speedbore yet but have used my daredevil.
    I’ll try and do a comparison of the two going through a 2 by.

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s for sure, I was just starting out in the Bosch tools way back then, I know better now :)

I have never bought any Jobmate stuff but do have come Mastercraft stuff that I’m not proud of.

I recall a youtube video comparing the Irwin with Bosch, the Irwin is actually even more aggressive and if the drill isn’t powerful enough it’ll stall.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.463 seconds