dcsimg

Daredevil spade

Tagged: 

This topic contains 64 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill theamcguy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Daniel
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well I was eying the 13pc set in the rewards area for some time.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/BoschAccessoryDetail.aspx?pid=DSB5013P

I was curious to try them but as little as I use spades i figured my cheap ones would do. Well a week ago the local store had them on clearance so I was able to pick up the set for $17

I have yet to try them but will be sure to do a comparison and let you all know.

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

Daniel, I think you will be happy with them. I got a set of 7 and they cut really well and quickly too. I don’t use spade bits a whole lot in the work I do but it’s handy to have them when I need them. It will be interesting to hear your comparison.

Dan

danpattison.com

Daniel – eager to hear your thoughts – we have some comments about a wide array of the daredevil products (and some about these spades as well scattered throughout) – Check it out! http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-daredevil-products/

John S

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Daniel, I think the Bosch spade bits are revolutionary. The self feed auger bit style tip grabs the material and pulls the bit in at a perfect speed. It will have tear out on plywood but what spade bit doesn’t?

I have recommended these to everyone that brings up spade bits since I tried them.

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I agree with what everyone else here has said. They are great bits and you won’t be disappointed.

I’m STILL waiting for somebody to compare these to the nice Irwin speedbor bits… I would be very interested to see how the speed/cut quality compared

http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Industrial-Tools-3041006-Speedbor/dp/B000LQ905E

John S

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I think Irwin’s speed bore is a bit of a stretch to call it a “spade bit” sure its a hybrid but I would skew it more towards an auger bit.

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your right jason, the irwins are more of a auger bit. i dont know how they classify as a spade to begin with

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m STILL waiting for somebody to compare these to the nice Irwin speedbor bits… I would be very interested to see how the speed/cut quality compared

http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Industrial-Tools-3041006-Speedbor/dp/B000LQ905E

Next time I get a job, I’ll pick up one of those speedbor bits and throw it through a wall. I’ll let you all know how it compares to the Bosch Spade bits. The Irwin Spade bits are horrible in comparison, and I don’t like using them at all. They dull quickly, and I find even when sharp, it is more of a fight to get them through the wood.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

The bosch bits work really well. The self feed bit as mentioned really pulls the bit through the wood with minimal effort. Just be careful on delicate pieces because these bits are aggressive.

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

also make sure your in low gear on a regular drill driver as youll need the high torque for it too work. if its being used for rough tasks like framing they work great in impact drivers

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Was surfing U Tube and came across this:

Interesting review of the Speedbore vs. Daredevil Spade.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I had to drill a couple of 1 1/8″ spade bit holes yesterday through some 2X and I decided to pair my bit with the Milwaukee M18 Fuel impact driver. I think this is definitely the way to go. The impact offered relatively smooth power with no slowing.

My son-in-law is an electrician. I gave him a set today for Christmas. I will be interested in what he has to say using them on the job every day.

Profile photo of Boyd
    Dabbs

Great video, I’ve never seen a speedbore in action and wow, That thing is a beast. I’m plenty happy with my Daredevil spade bits, I have a new set of regular old fashion spade bits that I’ll probably never use again

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the bits are great. but the 17 piece set tends to be a bit of overkill. in all honesty id say i have about 10 or 12 different sized bits but i only really ever grab for 4 of them

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ll agree with you Jeff, I only have 2 sizes that I use on a regular basis.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Its interesting to hear it right from Bosch why the spade bits are better. The cool thing is that it does actually work!

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice find Jason. It was interesting to hear about the other Daredevil products as well.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I was impressed to hear just how much effort they put into designing the tools right. For instance the circular saw blade having harmonic balance and heat dissipation. I hope they keep coming up with more accessories of the same quality.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.285 seconds