dcsimg

Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw Testers Needed

This topic contains 92 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  rylim 3 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author

sergey061478
    Blocked

i did look effortless…wish i had one myself

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

What attracted my attention in the first video is the Makita Hammer Drill with long auxiliary handle :)

The bits weren’t quite as aggressive as I expected, but you definitely want a side handle with any hole saw of this size.

Which bit you are more prefer ?

Anonymous

The Daredevils were lightning quick through drywall, and the strapping behind it, and also some plywood I tried them on. I like them a lot, though I probably would choose a standard bi-metal hole saw for large holes through finish wood. That may change though, as I get more time on them.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The Daredevils were lightning quick through drywall, and the strapping behind it, and also some plywood I tried them on. I like them a lot, though I probably would choose a standard bi-metal hole saw for large holes through finish wood. That may change though, as I get more time on them.

I agree with that. They cut everything in their path very quickly. The trade off is a less than perfect cut quality. While it is very good, and the hole is adequately clean, it’s not good enough to be visible. Most of the time, something will cover the actual cut, but if it were to remain visible, a regular bi-metal saw might be a cleaner choice.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I am still waiting to try them on lathe and plaster. If anyone else gets the chance before I do I am really interested in the feedback.

sergey061478
    Blocked

Unfortunatelly, i do not have this hole saw. But i am very interested in getting it. additional reviews woul be very helpful.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Unfortunatelly, i do not have this hole saw. But i am very interested in getting it. additional reviews woul be very helpful.

@sergey061478

These hole saws are not available for purchase at this time. A few of us were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to test them out and provide feedback to Bosch and BTP. Based solely upon my experience de witht them, I’d say they will likely come to market at some point. I’ve been impressed witht them.

Jon P.
    Instagram

sergey061478
    Blocked

@sergey061478

These hole saws are not available for purchase at this time. A few of us were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to test them out and provide feedback to Bosch and BTP. Based solely upon my experience de witht them, I’d say they will likely come to market at some point. I’ve been impressed witht them.

Thanks for your reply. Can’t wait to see this hole saw in stores.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I must have forgotten this hole saw is for speed ( daredevil ) instead of finish

Anonymous

I must have forgotten this hole saw is for speed ( daredevil ) instead of finish

Yeah, just like the Daredevil spades, very fast and aggressive.

sergey061478
    Blocked

Yeah, just like the Daredevil spades, very fast and aggressive.

Thanks for the info. This makes me want to get this holesaw even more. I use dare devil spade drill bits, and I like them very much.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It looks like more of these saws are surfacing! I came across this video by Tools In Action.

Jon P.
    Instagram

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

It looks like more of these saws are surfacing! I came across this video by Tools In Action.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/UR4f5vyuuqQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Thanks for posting the video

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.371 seconds