dcsimg

Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw Testers Needed

This topic contains 92 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  rylim 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
  • Author

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Bosch Daredevil recessed lighting hole saws giveaway

I have 5 Bosch Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw Kits (1 – 4 3/8 and 1 – 6 3/8) to give away to Pro’s who are willing to test them out and write a review. we are picking 5 Pro’s who respond and will get the kits mailed to them. Here are the conditions for qualifying to be one of the lucky few:

• You MUST be in the electrical field and regularly cut holes in drywall for recessed lighting.
    • You must be willing to sign a product liability waiver and other documents as mandated by our legal department.
    • You must be able to write at least 300 words about your experience.

To be considered, submit an email to bethepro@bethepro.com with the subject Line: YES I WANT TO TEST THE HOLE SAW. When responding, please tell us about your background and what qualifies you as a recessed lighting hole saw expert.

All submissions will be reviewed and the lucky recipients will be the most qualified in terms of regular use of this tool and experience level.

Don’t wait, I only have 5 sets, which includes two recessed lighting hole saws and the arbor kit with pilot drill bit.

Bosch Daredevil Recessed Hole Saw Kit

Here is more information on the Bosch Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw taken from their press release:

Bosch Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw is 10x Faster, Lasts Longer

The Bosch Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw is 10x faster(1) and delivers longer life(2) versus carbide grit hole saws. Sharp Bosch premium carbide teeth, deep gullets and a 1-1/4″ depth cup design make fast work of varied ceiling materials that include drywall, plaster with wooden lathe, plywood, ceiling tile, cement board, fiberglass and MDF. Hole saw diameters are 4-3/8″ and 6-3/8″ (for standard 4 in. and 6 in. lighting placements).

The recessed lighting hole saw also employs a closed-back design that works with sharp teeth and deep gullets to reduce dust on the jobsite versus open-back carbide grit options.

Remodelers, electricians, general contractors, residential and commercial builders will find the Bosch Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw to be the right accessory for drilling holes in ceilings or walls.

The standard threaded cup with pins is compatible with standard hole saw arbors and makes change out quick and easy. And the recessed lighting hole saw comes complete with a ¼” hex shank pilot bit.

“The Bosch Recessed Lighting Hole Saw is about speed and life, and research says life is key to users,” said Jared Schmidt, product manager, Bosch-North America, Accessories. “Who wants to change hole saws all the time when the application is a ceiling? And this product has a closed-back design, which reduces dust. Everyone on the jobsite will appreciate that.”

To qualify as a Bosch Daredevil product, a power tool accessory must be best-in-class for speed, life or ease of use. The Bosch Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw offers best speed and life. Standard hole saw applications include holes for pipes between floors in both residential and commercial projects.

1, 2 Bosch testing, Daredevil Recessed Lighting Hole Saw vs standard bi-metal hole saw

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Anonymous

Hey this is cool for our sparky’s, Hello Sparky!! @tonyg @sparky and sorry to any others I may have missed, Thanks BTP

Im no sparky . I have greenlees recessed light cut out saw . I like that it can adjust in sizes . Be interesting to use boschs new saw . If I come across one I pick one up .

Always willing to learn .

It would be nice for a couple of our guys to get them.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

bethepro@bethepro.com

Thanks for the tag. I just got back in front of my computer. I sent the email, hopefully I am picked to try it out.

I’ve got a few to cut through t&g pine coming up… But I don’t think that’s what you want.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve also got my house build coming up, if you don’t get enough takers I would gladly put one through it’s paces.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I too would put me the set to use, albeit not as extensively as a sparky. I have a couple of holes to drill in a plywood soffit for can lighting in the next few weeks.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Good luck guys – No need for them here atm

A Working Pro since 2004

monman1
    Pro

I got no use for them.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Anonymous

Sent my email in earlier today. Would be a neat opportunity.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Looks nice but as most of my work is new i just use a drywall router to cut around them. I would not be the ideal tester for this

I put my name in the hat. On our remodels we do all the electric in house. Our current kitchen remodel has 6 new 6″ cans and 2 4″. We just bought the Lennox carbide 6″ hole saw. It worked well. We also put a lot of cans in our covered porch additions. But it isn’t a weekly or monthly thing for us. I know a regular sparky would benefit more from it and I imagine that’s what they are looking for.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kzcarp
    Pro

Same as @overanalyze . We handle most of the electric in-house, depending on the schedule. Just not a super regular thing.
    Sounds like a decent set-up for cans though.

kevin

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Im not an electrician, but my girlfriend is. I know her boss could use a couple tools to keep a tidier site 😀

My son-in-law is an electrician and would be very happy to do testing for you.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Is this hole saw available in the market ?

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I put my name in the hat. On our remodels we do all the electric in house. Our current kitchen remodel has 6 new 6″ cans and 2 4″. We just bought the Lennox carbide 6″ hole saw. It worked well. We also put a lot of cans in our covered porch additions. But it isn’t a weekly or monthly thing for us. I know a regular sparky would benefit more from it and I imagine that’s what they are looking for.

Me too 😉

--Steve

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It looks like I got picked to test out the hole saws. I look forward to giving feedback!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’m about to do a few but I’m sure you’ll have enough testers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 9.339 seconds