dcsimg

Dan's Shop

This topic contains 237 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 238 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It would be tough to leave behind a space like that. However, I wouldn’t think twice if it were for my daughter. Hopefully you’ll get the chance to build it over again.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Great looking shop. Saved those photos for reference.

Someday the next one will be even better!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

You did a great job at designing that shop. Really like the light and open feeling. Sorry you had to get rid of it, but sure your next one will be better yet. Just not right away.

woodman_412

Thanks for all the comments and complements guys! There isn’t much I would do different if I were to build another one but there are a few things like make it a little bit bigger and make the doors in swing instead of out swing.

Dan

danpattison.com

well Dan you are a great father and you know things are better for your daughter. What a beautiful shop you had but it is going to pale in comparison parison to your next one.

Dan – hope your daughter gets well soon. Certainly have your priorities straight.

That was an awesome shop – the outbuilding is great. I am sure you will build another one even better in time. That looks like a great space.

Orange County, CA

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Chad, it was 20 x 30. The only problem I ever had with the size was storage of cabinet boxes as they got assembled. The actual working space was perfect.

I think that would be an issue in just about any shop unless you had dedicated storage space.

Looks so much bigger on the inside. Clean and well laid out. Can you swing over to Ohio for a week?

While you are in Ohio…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

Wow Dan that is a really well laid out shop. Are a lot of your larger tools in storage for the time being? Did you do anything special to prep them for longterm storage to prevent rust?

John S

woodman_412

Wow Dan that is a really well laid out shop. Are a lot of your larger tools in storage for the time being? Did you do anything special to prep them for longterm storage to prevent rust?

Thanks John. Yeah all my bigger machines are in storage right now and everything else is set up in our basement. The space I have in the basement is only about 11×15 and I can’t really make any dust since it’s open to the rest of the basement. My plan is to do hand tool work and assembly down there and then do messy power tool work on the back deck. That’s the main reason for the MFT table I’m going to build.

I coated all the cast iron table tops of my machines with fluid film to prevent rust.

Dan

danpattison.com

Dan – hope your daughter gets well soon. Certainly have your priorities straight.

That was an awesome shop – the outbuilding is great. I am sure you will build another one even better in time. That looks like a great space.

I second this Dan!! Her health is far more important than the shop. I hope she is doing well.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

I second this Dan!! Her health is far more important than the shop. I hope she is doing well.

Thanks guys. She’s doing much better now since she had her second heart surgery. We’re just trying to get her back on track for weight gain as she recovers. It’s amazing what they are able to do now with heart surgery.

Dan

danpattison.com

KenW
    Pro

Incredible story and hope everything goes good with your daughter.

monman1
    Pro

Thats a nice shop you had Dan, i hope one day you get one just as nice!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Man that was a real nice set up I’m sorry you had to let it go. Of course family first.

Awesome shop you built . Always like seeing other guys designs . And compare what works in different spaces .

I could understand moving for your family to better health places . I would move mountains and give up everything for my family health .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very nice shop Dan. I would love to have that kind of space. Your tools look great. I see you have a pile of Makita.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan that was a very nice shop. One of the best I have ever seen.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Beautiful shop.

woodman_412

Thanks guys!

Dirty, actually I only have 3 Makita tools. Mitre saw, laminate trimmer and track saw. Pretty much everything else as far as portable power tools are Bosch other than a few older Porter Cable tools. Most of the sweet Bosch gear in my shop is thanks to BTP! 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks guys!

Dirty, actually I only have 3 Makita tools. Mitre saw, laminate trimmer and track saw. Pretty much everything else as far as portable power tools are Bosch other than a few older Porter Cable tools. Most of the sweet Bosch gear in my shop is thanks to BTP! :)

What did you do with all your tools now you have moved?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.018 seconds