dcsimg

Cutting large holes in Tile

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Like the grinder idea, never used it for this. I will get a blade or 2 real soon

A continuous rim blade is definitely the ticket here. I’m can’t imagine trying to use a jigsaw (regardless of the blade type) to cut tile.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Jigsaw…fast speed moving slow and wet

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Like the grinder idea, never used it for this. I will get a blade or 2 real soon

A continuous rim blade is definitely the ticket here. I’m can’t imagine trying to use a jigsaw (regardless of the blade type) to cut tile.

I agree, don’t think I ever mentioned a jigsaw.

yellaD
    Pro

Jigsaw…fast speed moving slow and wet

What blade do you use, which Bosch blade if available?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I always use angle grinder 4 inch or 4 1/2 depends on the material I have mutiple blades for glass porcelain and marble diamond blades only way I cut bigger holes as you cut more tiles it becomes easy and perfect rounds I did commercial tiling for 3 years so I’m so used to it best efficient way in my eyes

I always use angle grinder 4 inch or 4 1/2 depends on the material I have mutiple blades for glass porcelain and marble diamond blades only way I cut bigger holes as you cut more tiles it becomes easy and perfect rounds I did commercial tiling for 3 years so I’m so used to it best efficient way in my eyes

Do you like to cut up from the bottom and top on certain holes , materials .

Always willing to learn .

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I use grinder with diamond blade you can cut anything with it almost. Long as you have couple good diamond blade. there’s diamond blade for specific materials.I did tile for 3 years commercially so I cut so many pieces I’m so used to it. Prefer locking switch grinders hilti I had doesn’t lock but bosch locks I like that.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I use grinder with diamond blade you can cut anything with it almost. Long as you have couple good diamond blade. there’s diamond blade for specific materials.I did tile for 3 years commercially so I cut so many pieces I’m so used to it. Prefer locking switch grinders hilti I had doesn’t lock but bosch locks I like that.

I agree with you on that – I much prefer a locking switch grinder for cutting tile. I still use a grinder for 95% of my cuts…I have a few diamond bits that get used for shower neck penetration, tub spouts, etc.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.363 seconds