dcsimg

Crotalusco – Steel stud framing 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Ive lost quite a few photos when my old phone died but here is the project I am starting tomorrow.

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looks like a big job! What sort of business is it for?

And FWIW, you should look into backing up your photos with Google Photos or similar.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

This is phase 3 at Generac. We are converting an original factory to their corporate hq. Been working there most of the year so far

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

do you have to do a lot of sound deadening at the auditorium to contain noise?

What gauge steel are you using on that project picture you posted .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That looks like a nice project.. It’s been a while sense I’ve worked with steel.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a big project that will keep you busy through the winter.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

What a cool looking project. I hope you take lots of photos while you’re at it and post them. I don’t see the bar area or the location of the brass pole laid out in the plans though.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks like quite a project. I have never done any metal studs so progress pictures will be enjoyed.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

yup yup include recording studio and webcast rooms

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

will run everything from 20ga walls to 12ga to support the storage rooms above the bathrooms and the seating structure which we will be framing

Attachments:
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We used the Kinetics products way back on a theatre remodel. It was for a floor system to sound isolate a second floor theater from a theater below. It is good stuff. I learned a lot about sound isolation on that job. It is all in the details.

Good luck with your project.

will run everything from 20ga walls to 12ga to support the storage rooms above the bathrooms and the seating structure which we will be framing

Nice thanks for responding to my question . Good luck on the build .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh neat sound proofing construction techniques as well. What a big project.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow, looks like it’s built solid, that’s one thick wall, are you doing just the metal framing, or do you do that other stuff to, the drywall and acoustic sealants. What type of glue do they use on the secondary boards to the first one.
    Roxul great stuff.
    Nice job on that project, looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Wow, looks like it’s built solid, that’s one thick wall, are you doing just the metal framing, or do you do that other stuff to, the drywall and acoustic sealants. What type of glue do they use on the secondary boards to the first one.
    Roxul great stuff.

We do the complete wall systems, framing, drywall, itch, caulk, vapor, taping, setting hollow metal frames and backing at times and in this case the sound systems, decking for the second lvl and seating

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We do the complete wall systems, framing, drywall, itch, caulk, vapor, taping, setting hollow metal frames and backing at times and in this case the sound systems, decking for the second lvl and seating

A complete turn key build. I gues they have different crews for the different skills?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Roxul great stuff.

Wow that’s great, your GC is pretty lucky to have you guys be able to get all that done,
    Also makes sense, seeing how you guys are already set up with the lift and other rigging,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Ive lost quite a few photos when my old phone died but here is the project I am starting tomorrow.

nice big job have a coming up – looking forward to more pictures of the progress.
    I personally never worked with steel studs, so keep the pictures coming 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

What type of laser are you using to help with layout of the petition walls and ceiling .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.469 seconds