dcsimg

Craftsman "NEW" tool storage offering at Lowes

This topic contains 105 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Just heard on the news that Sears has filed bankrupt and closing around 140 more stores.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I saw that Home Depot has the Milwaukee Packout three box combo on display for Black Friday. First time I was able to get my hands on these.

After taking them apart, rolling them around, and stack/unstacked them I have to say I am pretty happy with my decisions to go with the Craftsman for mobile tool storage. I actually prefer the Craftsman’s boxes which are less wide, but taller (depth wise). The Packout is using the same type of plastics, flex about the same, twice as much money, and the biggest thing is they don’t have slide out drawers which is a big show stopper. The Packout boxes internal parts organizer to me is not as well designed as the Craftsman’s in terms of being able to have two layers of storage with small and medium size boxes.

If you want to see the Packout boxes up close go to HD to check it out. It is supposed to be able to take abuse exceeding that of the Dewalt tough system, which is much more robust than the filmsy Systainers and L-Boxxes. For me I don’t need that level of robustness. I don’t leave my boxes out in the rain or throw them down stair cases, not intentionally anyways.

Kamster
    Pro

The 3 box combo Packouts are $100 off this weekend at the orange box. Having used both, I too prefer the smaller width and 4 wheeled rolling dolly in the workshop. However, for longer tools (e.g. a reciprocating saw) or more awkwardly shaped tools(e.g. track saw), then I’m happy with the Packout.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The 3 box combo Packouts are $100 off this weekend at the orange box. Having used both, I too prefer the smaller width and 4 wheeled rolling dolly in the workshop. However, for longer tools (e.g. a reciprocating saw) or more awkwardly shaped tools(e.g. track saw), then I’m happy with the Packout.

I saw the PackOut on sale at the local WoodCraft store 199$ for the 3 boxx stack. That system has a lot of very nice options and they seem to be the best out there right now for that size boxx system.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I saw the PackOut on sale at the local WoodCraft store 199$ for the 3 boxx stack. That system has a lot of very nice options and they seem to be the best out there right now for that size boxx system.

No ball bearing slide out drawers is a huge negative for me.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yes I saw that deal also , they have the same one here at our home Depot also

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.405 seconds