dcsimg

Craftsman "NEW" tool storage offering at Lowes

This topic contains 105 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

because their small boxes do not have the top handle.

The top handle is a must on the small box. I put one on my Ridgid box.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

How did you do that? That box doesn’t have a top handle.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Question on the VersaStack or TSTAK double drawer box.

I noticed at the bottom there is a seam, that is smaller in the middle, and larger towards to two edges. At first I thought something was coming apart, but it’s symmetrical.

Can someone or @xtsallad who owns the same box confirm if this is the same on all the shallow drawer boxes?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That came out real nice Dirty, handy too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nicely done Dirty.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Kamster
    Pro

I noticed at the bottom there is a seam, that is smaller in the middle, and larger towards to two edges. At first I thought something was coming apart, but it’s symmetrical.

Can someone or @xtsallad who owns the same box confirm if this is the same on all the shallow drawer boxes?

I just bought the Craftsman shallow box and the gaps are the same on mine.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Mine are the same with both my Tstak deep drawers and my versastack shallow drawers. It appears to be a combination of the drawers being loaded down and sagging but more obvious is the bottom panel curving upward. I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with all of them. I can press them back in place by hand no problem while in a stack but they simply spring back up. There doesn’t appear to be anything pushing up on them. I’ve read some blame on the feet on the bottom that help locate position but I’m not seeing that.

j

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nicely done Dirty.

Just monkey see monkey do.

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Oh my, didn’t think of that. That was one of the reasons I ruled out the Ridgid boxes, the lack of the top handle on the small boxes and no drawer option. Nice work DWB.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Mine are the same with both my Tstak deep drawers and my versastack shallow drawers. It appears to be a combination of the drawers being loaded down and sagging but more obvious is the bottom panel curving upward. I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with all of them. I can press them back in place by hand no problem while in a stack but they simply spring back up. There doesn’t appear to be anything pushing up on them. I’ve read some blame on the feet on the bottom that help locate position but I’m not seeing that.

Thanks!

I just emptied everything in the drawers and even with nothing it has that uneven seam, so I think it comes this way.

I have two more in transit coming to me from Lowes so I will see what the new ones look like. First time I noticed I thought it was the weight of the two boxes I have below it pulling on the drawer.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Geeze that looks like it came from the factory that way, great job

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That was really clever @dirtywhiteboy .
    I have been looking and trying different ways to carry my tools .
    The problem I have had with most any of the plastic boxes is that in the cold weather the plastic will crack and break when I pick them up. Also the plastic hinges let go if they get to heavy.
    Tried the stacking boxes and they always tip over in the truck and then I have another mess.
    I am now using a tool bag that I pretty much have to dump out every morning to find what I want.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am now using a tool bag that I pretty much have to dump out every morning to find what I want.

Sounds like you have had all the problems imaginable with the tool storage options out there. The tool bags are nice, but it seems at least for me that no matter what I need it always at the bottom of the bag.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The problem I have had with most any of the plastic boxes is that in the cold weather the plastic will crack and break when I pick them up.

Man that cold really sucks on the plastic.

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It DID come from the factory, he did a bait and switch LOL.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

and they always tip over in the truck and then I have another mess.

How many are you stacking up inside your truck? I do three deep and they seem OK. Don’t stack as high as the Empire State Building LOL!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Now that I have been using the CFMN versastack boxes for about a month I have to say I like it overall.

I have to give some real serious thoughts into how to organize the boxes.

The main thing I like is I have now stackable boxes that I can go 5,6 high in the truck while parked. That allows me to get some boxes out of the way while I access other things, and the drawers are still accessible while I have them all stacked up. In the past I have a combination of different size tool boxes and tool bags, when I need to move stuff out of the way to get at more boxes, it’s not uncommon I end up with a a bag sitting on a box that is sitting over a bucket, and a bucket sitting on another box, and once in a while the whole thing falls over and a mess. This is now solved.

Also instead of a tool box that I open like a butterfly from the top and expands out into three tiers, I have sliding drawers that opens all the way. This is a lot more efficient.

Vertical hand tool storage is still an issue. Hammers, levels, chisels, wrenches, pliers, pry bars, caulking guns, nail pullers, cold chisels, putty knives, taping knifes, trowels, mixers, extra long bits, hand saws etc…I haven’t found something that works better than say a bucket buddy yet.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It DID come from the factory, he did a bait and switch LOL.

Okay I’m lost, been doing crazy amount of hours, what did I miss 😟🙃😐

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think you missed this post lol.

Nicely done Dirty.

Dirty

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I think you missed this post lol.

Nicely done Dirty.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nzp4hMgFq80?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Lol yeah like I said just like it came from the factory haha !!! Oops good video Dirty, they look like great boxes.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.501 seconds