dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Bought some coffee today at a Tim Horton drive through.

No gloves, nothing.

😷🥺 That’s not cool , even though , the other week at work , i went to the Tim Hortons on site , I was going to order something for breakfast , until I saw the guy preparing the break/buns he had those clear rubber gloves , but just as I approached the counter I saw him kinda squeeze his tip of his nose between the thumb and Index finger , I never ordered anything again from the food side , just asked for coffee 🤢🤢🤢

They should wear masks while preparing the food.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Imagine a food truck or ice cream stand with a single operator, they can’t not handle payment and food separately, and they can’t put on new gloves every minute. Those are going to really spread the virus around.

Plenty of places here take care of the credit card or interact transition and usually just wiped the gloves down with disinfectant wipes and the reading machine and carry on with the next customer ,

Bought some coffee today at a Tim Horton drive through.
    No gloves, nothing.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

You cannot put the gloves back once you’re taking them out unless they are a few numbers bigger.

LOL, even new disposable gloves (vinyl, nitrile etc…) are hard to put on once you removed the old pair, your fingers will collect moisture while the old pair was on, and once wet it’s almost impossible to put another pair on. Sometimes if I know I will be taking one off I put on two one over the other so when I have to take it off I just take the first one off to use the cleaner one under it.

Still difficult to put them one on top of the other if they are the same size.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

These works:

Bleach, Hydrogen Peroxide, hand sanitizer with more than 60% alcohol, soap + water + rubbing, isopropyl alcohol

These do not work:

Vodka, gin, beer, vinegar, tea tree oil

some of the products need to sit on the surface for a while. Like if you are putting hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle to clean a surface, spray it on, let it sit a minute. Don’t wipe off immediately.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

These works:

Bleach, Hydrogen Peroxide, hand sanitizer with more than 60% alcohol, soap + water + rubbing, isopropyl alcohol

These do not work:

some of the products need to sit on the surface for a while. Like if you are putting hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle to clean a surface, spray it on, let it sit a minute. Don’t wipe off immediately.

Definitely helpful information thanks again

These works:

These do not work:

Thanks for the update , the isopropyl ? Pure or diluted , I have 98 or 99 % lab grade

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

These works:

These do not work:

Lysol is also a good disinfectant.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

To honest I would rather be laid off thru this difficult time. This is very stressful time for everyone. We are working short staff everyday at work and some working extra hours. The company is adding a new safety procedure pretty much everyday.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

To honest I would rather be laid off thru this difficult time. This is very stressful time for everyone. We are working short staff everyday at work and some working extra hours. The company is adding a new safety procedure pretty much everyday.

Yeah , I was kinda looking forward to being home for a few weeks , but got called back , it’s definitely a different kinda day in the shop , I actually find the work less stressful , but all the other process like disinfecting and making sure we continue to wash our hands , that and number of times I am putting on rubber gloves while running around in the shop , plus have to make sure we have enough food and supplies for the day , not a big deal but it helps when you don’t have to go running around for coffee or snacks.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yeah , I was kinda looking forward to being home for a few weeks , but got called back , it’s definitely a different kinda day in the shop , I actually find the work less stressful , but all the other process like disinfecting and making sure we continue to wash our hands , that and number of times I am putting on rubber gloves while running around in the shop , plus have to make sure we have enough food and supplies for the day , not a big deal but it helps when you don’t have to go running around for coffee or snacks.

I never got a chance to stay home. My job itself is not stressful. It is learning the new procedures for disinfecting telling people they need to stay 6ft away. Also having so many people in the lunchroom at one time. Also having the fear of getting sick. I ran into not having enough to drink last night.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Heard a new term yesterday….. “Covidiot” Pretty much self explanitory

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Haha I’ve seen a lot of covidiots lately. I was at the grocery store the other day and this guy in front of me at the self check out had these massive winter mitts on. He was trying to scan all of his stuff through but he had a bunch of small items and he kept dropping them on the ground. Eventually he just picked everything up and went to the regular cashier. He really didn’t want to take the gloves off.

Hahaha covidiots yeah I’ve seen plenty of them

@GTokley , yes I got to stay home , but apparently with no pay , that’s always nice 🤷‍♂️
    And only for 3 days
    But I’ll say that the benefits of being in a union , my rep came to see me and informed me that two other people were in working while I had more seniority than them , so apparently they put in a grievance against them , so I’ll get paid for those days and apparently they worked overtime also 🤷‍♂️ I only was off for 3 days , and one of those days my shoulder was so messed up i couldn’t even lift up my underwear , but hey at least I had 3 days off 🙄

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I don’t think I fully realized how important my work was to me before I was not allowed to do it…

I think that’s with everything Chad. Once taken away we will miss even the simplest things.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m fortunate to still be working. It seems like every day we have new rules and changes coming in.

I’m fortunate to still be working. It seems like every day we have new rules and changes coming in.

I’m back at work , but have mixed feeling about being here , I’m trying to follow the advice and so on , but the problem has been a few other guys just don’t get it , two cases in the shop , one guy came back from vacation , and didn’t even think about shelf quarantine 🤷‍♂️ the other came back from a field trip installation , and said I feel fine 🤷‍♂️ both have been tested and were positive , but apparently it’s all been taking care of , stay safe

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

It seems like numbers locally are starting to climb – I know several people who have family members who have tested positive. My wife works in public transportation that primarily deals with lower income senior citizens so her job is considered essential. They have laid off all their non-essential office staff but the majority of their drivers are still working…They have enacted some pretty strict sanitizing procedures for their vehicles but she says about half of the drivers refuse to do it – they now have 3 drivers who have had to self quarantine due to having symptoms….

In my opinion, that is why this is as bad as it is and going to get worse – people who will not take basic precautions.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

In my opinion, that is why this is as bad as it is and going to get worse – people who will not take basic precautions.

I agree, that’s one of the main reasons.

I agree. The Genie is out of the bottle. It can be slowed but it will not be eliminated unfortunately until they come up with a vaccine. The scary part of this virus is how it can strike someone in the prime of their life with no health issues and kill them. I have a client who at approximately age 35 is in intensive care right now. He had no health issues. This is nothing to be selfish about with respect to your behavior.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 270 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.631 seconds