dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@miamicuse

Still difficult to put them one on top of the other if they are the same size.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don’t have a problem double bagging the gloves if my hands are clean. Once the outer gloves get dirty, I take off the outer gloves.

Imagine a food truck or ice cream stand with a single operator, they can’t not handle payment and food separately, and they can’t put on new gloves every minute. Those are going to really spread the virus around.

Plenty of places here take care of the credit card or interact transition and usually just wiped the gloves down with disinfectant wipes and the reading machine and carry on with the next customer ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Bought some coffee today at a Tim Horton drive through.
    No gloves, nothing.

Bought some coffee today at a Tim Horton drive through.

No gloves, nothing.

😷🥺 That’s not cool , even though , the other week at work , i went to the Tim Hortons on site , I was going to order something for breakfast , until I saw the guy preparing the break/buns he had those clear rubber gloves , but just as I approached the counter I saw him kinda squeeze his tip of his nose between the thumb and Index finger , I never ordered anything again from the food side , just asked for coffee 🤢🤢🤢

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Ewww Brian! I know the food places are hurting but I wont go to any right now. I don’t know where the cooks or other workers have been. I’m just staying home like they have asked.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Glad you found the article helpful, @boschmanbrian. Not everyone is reacting to the situation in the same way, but everyone is feeling some kind of stress.

Ewww Brian! I know the food places are hurting but I wont go to any right now. I don’t know where the cooks or other workers have been. I’m just staying home like they have asked.

Yup same here , my wife wanted to order a pizza the other night , I told her nope , no right now , just make some pasta for dinner , better safe than sorry

I’m with you on staying home Ron ,
    Just got a call from my boss yesterday afternoon , The company has called back our department , it’s around 6 people , they want us back into the shop because we are working on military contracts , and have to get those projects delivered by the end of June 🥺🤷‍♂️ , I’m actually a little sad , I was enjoying the time off with my family , I’ll report back Monday morning , and see what they have to say about the situation ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@boschmanbrian

They should wear masks while preparing the food.

@Sorpa
    Totally agree

I believe I’ve heard that it doesn’t live on organic matter or should I say food 🤷‍♂️

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I don’t know.
    Corpses are organic and the virus was found alive after something like 17-20 days on a corpse. Human one.

I don’t know.

Corpses are organic and the virus was found alive after something like 17-20 days on a corpse. Human one.

😮🤢🤢🤢 Well nevermind that comment then

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

As far as I know, all the talk about “killing” the virus is technically incorrect. A virus is not a living organism. It is a protein molecule covered by a layer of fat. When it is absorbed by the cells of the eye, nose, mouth mucosa, it’s genetic code changes and converts them into aggressor & multiplier cells. The virus is very fragile, and will decay and disintegrate if not for that layer of fat. You get rid of that fat you get rid of the virus. When washing hands make sure you wash thorough with soap and rub and rub and work the foam, the foam cuts the fat. Heat, alcohol also cut the fat. Vinegar will not.

I am staying away from take out food. I don’t know how many times the food changed hands before it was handed to me. I don’t think the restaurant workers can be relied on to follow protocol. I personally have worked in the food industry during my college days and I know how much yelling happen in a commercial kitchen and the yelling produces spit projectiles. The expediter continuous yells and screams out orders and side dishes what is missing what is coming and who orders are ready etc…

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Honestly I wish I could stay home. But I am classed as essential worker. My company is classed a food & beverage. It was a very tough week this at work. People learning proper hand washing & social distancing. We also got the news that company wanted to hire some new employees. We are short employees due people of because of the Covid-19. The employees at work told the company they don’t feel safe training and working with new employees.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@Miamicuse I didn’t know vinegar was not effective , thanks for that.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I am staying away from take out food. I don’t know how many times the food changed hands before it was handed to me. I don’t think the restaurant workers can be relied on to follow protocol. I personally have worked in the food industry during my college days and I know how much yelling happen in a commercial kitchen and the yelling produces spit projectiles. The expediter continuous yells and screams out orders and side dishes what is missing what is coming and who orders are ready etc…

Hear, hear the man.

Well my layoff didn’t last long , I’m back in the shop today , Because we are working on military projects , it’s considered essential service , I have mixed emotions , I enjoyed being home for those few days , hot to do what I want , and not having to wake up the roster lol ,
    But on the other hand , good to be back up and running , guess it was a small glimpse into retirement 🤫😉

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Well my layoff didn’t last long , I’m back in the shop today , Because we are working on military projects , it’s considered essential service , I have mixed emotions , I enjoyed being home for those few days , hot to do what I want , and not having to wake up the roster lol ,

But on the other hand , good to be back up and running , guess it was a small glimpse into retirement 🤫😉

I know the feeling…It is kind of nice being at home, getting stuff done here and spending lots of time with the dogs lol. But…I would like to get back to work. Money is an obvious reason but I hate leaving a project unfinished…I would like to get back to it. I don’t think I fully realized how important my work was to me before I was not allowed to do it…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@Miamicuse I didn’t know vinegar was not effective , thanks for that.

I have heard this too vinegar is not very effective.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@boschmanbrian

They should wear masks while preparing the food.

Totally agree , I believe I’ve heard that it’s not active or doesn’t live on organic matter or food to say 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 328 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.415 seconds