dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My daughter tested positive this week. it is not hitting her to hard yet. My wife and I were tested and are negative so far, testing again later this week. We are avoiding contact with others for now.

I had to cancel my first meeting today. I have a homeowner we are working with who is pregnant. the last thing I want to do is to expose her . Once we have tested again in a few days to make sure we are clear we will reschedule.

Getting it does not really bother me, but giving it to someone else would.

To throw my 2 cents worth in on this. I caught Covid in early March last year from a customer. In January I got it from my grandson who lives with us with his mom. His asymptomatic hockey coach would up infecting half the team. His mom got it and so did my wife, brother-in-law and myself. My brother-in-law wound up in the hospital for 4 weeks. As one of the doctors said, you have 1 HVAC system in a home so don’t expect social distancing to be effective. I called a customer the other day and he said he lost his father, sister and brother to Covid all in one week. The point to all this is that the virus wants to kill you if it can. It has negatively affected my lungs. I hope it will all clear up eventually. So don’t take any changes with Covid folks.

Wow , thanks for sharing that Lon , I’ve heard and actually seen coworkers that had it , they were okay after a few weeks , but exactly what you mentioned , they have been cleared for months now , but still complain about shortness of breath and so on ,

Take care and stay safe everyone 🤞🙏

My daughter ended up having minor symptoms, My wife and I tested negative both times we were tested. Everyone is through the quarantine and everything now, with no adverse effects, I am glad to be done with it for now, we should be able to get our shots soon.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hopefully it isn’t that , maybe it’s just muscular or something ,

Not really sure what it is but has knocked me off my feet. I hope it isn’t Covid too. I have had no real improvement after 4 days.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Not really sure what it is but has knocked me off my feet. I hope it isn’t Covid too. I have had no real improvement after 4 days.

Hopefully it’s not covid19 , that sounds bad , hopefully you can get some rest and relief , good luck with that Greg 🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hopefully it’s not covid19 , that sounds bad , hopefully you can get some rest and relief , good luck with that Greg 🤞

Thanks! Yeah fingers crossed it isn’t Covid. Yes it isn’t great. I have energy at all. I have been getting alot of rest. There hasn’t been much improvement in my condition since the weekend.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Covid test came back negative. Which is great news. Still not feeling much better. Looks like I will be off for awhile.

With numbers on the rise in my area and in the province. Sounds like there could be another shut down.

Greg

For your sake I am so glad the test was negative. Hope you feel better soon!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

For your sake I am so glad the test was negative. Hope you feel better soon!

Me too! Thank you!

Greg

Covid test came back negative. Which is great news. Still not feeling much better. Looks like I will be off for awhile.

With numbers on the rise in my area and in the province. Sounds like there could be another shut down.

That’s great news , I’ve been seeing the increase in numbers for ontario , it’s crazy , and just tonight , it’s starting again for Montreal Quebec 🤕
    I can’t wait to see them start getting a hold of this virus 🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s great news ,

Yes it is. I kinda thought I had the way I have been feeling. I haven’t been sick all year til now. Had a cold in last November. Ended up everyone in the house got it. This time it is just me who has.
    We had 32 one new cases today in my area. There is talk on social media there was big party at AirBNB in tourist are south of me.

Honestly I think it will be awhile be this virus gets under control. With the new variants already here.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Over the last couple weeks we took a 10 state road trip to Arizona and back. While we were consistent in our mask use and never entered a building without them, with the exception of the condo we stayed at. I was amazed at the disparity of the conformance within the states we crossed.

Minnesota – This is a masked up state, compliance was pretty good.
    Iowa – No mask requirement, but most still wear masks.
    Missouri – Not sure of the mandate, but just OK compliance on masks
    Kansas – Not sure of the mandate, but just OK compliance on masks
    Oklahoma – Again, the mask compliance was a little weak, but mostly there.
    New Mexico – Masked up as heck. Signs all over about mask wearing, even on interstate reader boards. Two towns were closed along I-40 and only allowed access to services at the exit.
    Arizona – I believe the mandate has been lifted but compliance was fairly good. Crossing the Navaho nation, they were very strict on masks.
    Utah – Most people seemed to wear masks in public.
    Colorado – Mask wearing was a little weak, in a restaurant, the servers had masks, we wore our masks in to the table and when we left, many others did not.
    Nebraska – Probably the most Lax, walking into a convenience store to use the restroom while filling up with gas, the clerk actually chuckled at the sight of someone in a mask. We stopped to eat after that and 1/2 the people in line wore masks and half did not.

We did Mostly outside activities like hiking and sightseeing, so we did not feel at risk during the trip. We mostly kept to ourselves and did not have a lot of exposure. I think one big plus of this whole thing is people are reconnecting with the outdoors where risks are much less.

That’s great news ,

Yes it is. I kinda thought I had the way I have been feeling. I haven’t been sick all year til now. Had a cold in last November. Ended up everyone in the house got it. This time it is just me who has.

We had 32 one new cases today in my area. There is talk on social media there was big party at AirBNB in tourist are south of me.

Honestly I think it will be awhile be this virus gets under control. With the new variants already here.

Yeah unfortunately I think we will be living like this for another year or so , to many variation of the virus , plus people not following guidelines 🤷‍♂️
    Hopefully you and your family stay safe and healthy 🤞
    I guess we will just have to follow the rules and guidelines and hope for the best , stay safe

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We will be in Lockdown for 4 weeks starting Saturday. I believe it will be as bad as the one after Christmas.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I can’t believe the increase in lumber. Back in February I paid just $7 for a 2x4x8. Four weeks ago the same 2×4 was $7.85. Now it is $8.44 and a 4x8x 3/4 sheet of Spruce plywood is 89.98.

Greg

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Price of lumber skyrockets after pandemic disrupts supply chain” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/C-FSQrts69U?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>
    I can’t believe the increase in lumber. Back in February I paid just $7 for a 2x4x8. Four weeks ago the same 2×4 was $7.85. Now it is $8.44 and a 4x8x 3/4 sheet of Spruce plywood is 89.98.

Yup it’s crazy how much everything related to building has gone up , even concrete and other things to
    I told my wife jokingly that I made a fortune over the winter , I have a few pieces of treated wood in the shed 2×6 and 2×4 8 and 12 foot long lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Found this interesting!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ladt31f_k64

Greg

Found this interesting!

Yeah it’s pretty interesting , and amazing seeing some of the comments , like someone mentioned , I wonder if they will , and if they do drop the prices after the crisis is over

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Found this interesting!

Yeah it’s pretty interesting , and amazing seeing some of the comments , like someone mentioned , I wonder if they will , and if they do drop the prices after the crisis is over

Honestly that is a hard question to answer really. I am not sure what will happen. I would hope the prices will come down.

There is a sawmill not far from where I live. They own there woodlots saw the logs ,dry the lumber. They charge more money for there lumber then Home Depot.

I changed my mind on building a garage for the time being.

Greg

Found this interesting!

Honestly that is a hard question to answer really. I am not sure what will happen. I would hope the prices will come down.

There is a sawmill not far from where I live. They own there woodlots saw the logs ,dry the lumber. They charge more money for there lumber then Home Depot.

I changed my mind on building a garage for the time being.

True , no kidding , I don’t think I’d take on building anything big right now , unless I priced out in metal , but my wife told me everything is hard to get and prices are increasing fast in metal also 🤷‍♂️
    Definitely going to be interesting to see what happens by next year.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

but my wife told me everything is hard to get and prices are increasing fast in metal also

I am not surprised. I heard a ad on the local radio for a Scrap Metal Company. They were wanting scrap metal. The ad said that scrap metal is the highest price it has ever been.

It is hard to say what next year will be like. But really what with the rest of this year be like.
    We are now in at Stay at Home Order for the next 4 weeks.

Greg

but my wife told me everything is hard to get and prices are increasing fast in metal also

I am not surprised. I heard a ad on the local radio for a Scrap Metal Company. They were wanting scrap metal. The ad said that scrap metal is the highest price it has ever been.

It is hard to say what next year will be like. But really what with the rest of this year be like.

We are now in at Stay at Home Order for the next 4 weeks.

Yeah it’s getting bad here again , actually everywhere again.
    They sent out an email yesterday , and as we enter the building today , the security guards are reminding employees that they have to keep the mask on regardless if you work alone , or even when six feet away , before it was a little slack when you worked alone or sitting at the work station or people at the desk , you could remove the mask , not anymore , have to keep it on all day ,

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.576 seconds