dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don’t know how many here are familiar with Fry’s Electronics. They are a regional chain started in southern California and carried quite an inventory of power tools and accessories.

Last year I posted several times that they had the Bosch 6.3ah CORE battery kit on sale for $49.95 with free shipping until someone told me no linking retail products except Black Friday threads.

They have gone out of business due to COVID.

https://www.frys.com/

After nearly 36 years in business as the one-stop-shop and online resource for high-tech professionals across nine states and 31 stores, Fry’s Electronics, Inc. (“Fry’s” or “Company”), has made the difficult decision to shut down its operations and close its business permanently as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Company will implement the shut down through an orderly wind down process that it believes will be in the best interests of the Company, its creditors, and other stakeholders.

The Company ceased regular operations and began the wind-down process on February 24, 2021. It is hoped that undertaking the wind-down through this orderly process will reduce costs, avoid additional liabilities, minimize the impact on our customers, vendors, landlords and associates, and maximize the value of the Company’s assets for its creditors and other stakeholders.

The Company is in the process of reaching out to its customers with repairs and consignment vendors to help them understand what this will mean for them and the proposed next steps.

If you have questions, please contact us using the following email addresses:

For customers who have equipment currently being repaired, please email customerservice@frys.com, to arrange for return of your equipment.

Performance Service Contracts will be honored for their full remaining term. To request service of your covered product, please call Assurant at (800) 811-1745

For consignment vendors needing to pick up their consignment inventory at Fry’s locations, please email omnichannel@frys.com.

Please understand if we are a bit slow to respond given the large volume of questions. The Company appreciates your patience and support through this process.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I don’t know how many here are familiar with Fry’s Electronics. They are a regional chain started in southern California and carried quite an inventory of power tools and accessories.

Last year I posted several times that they had the Bosch 6.3ah CORE battery kit on sale for $49.95 with free shipping until someone told me no linking retail products except Black Friday threads.

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>After nearly 36 years in business as the one-stop-shop and online resource for high-tech professionals across nine states and 31 stores, Fry’s Electronics, Inc. (“Fry’s” or “Company”), has made the difficult decision to shut down its operations and close its business permanently as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Company will implement the shut down through an orderly wind down process that it believes will be in the best interests of the Company, its creditors, and other stakeholders.
    <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>
    The Company ceased regular operations and began the wind-down process on February 24, 2021. It is hoped that undertaking the wind-down through this orderly process will reduce costs, avoid additional liabilities, minimize the impact on our customers, vendors, landlords and associates, and maximize the value of the Company’s assets for its creditors and other stakeholders.

The Company is in the process of reaching out to its customers with repairs and consignment vendors to help them understand what this will mean for them and the proposed next steps.

For customers who have equipment currently being repaired, please email customerservice@frys.com, to arrange for return of your equipment.

Performance Service Contracts will be honored for their full remaining term. To request service of your covered product, please call Assurant at (800) 811-1745

For consignment vendors needing to pick up their consignment inventory at Fry’s locations, please email omnichannel@frys.com.

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>Please understand if we are a bit slow to respond given the large volume of questions. The Company appreciates your patience and support through this process.

This really too bad. I am sure we will be seeing more of this in the days ahead.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Here is Canada I saw this past week where Lowes & Rona are looking at hiring 7000 more this year. They are saying this do to Covid-19

I also know where I work we have hired a few more people and our sales have increased. There is suppose to have few new jobs in later this year.

Greg

@Miamicuse
    Geeze that’s too bad , it’s unfortunate to hear and see businesses closing like that , especially due to the pandemic

I do remember you talking about that place , they had some great deals

Here is Canada I saw this past week where Lowes & Rona are looking at hiring 7000 more this year. They are saying this do to Covid-19

I also know where I work we have hired a few more people and our sales have increased. There is suppose to have few new jobs in later this year.

I had no idea that they were hiring that many people ,
    It obviously depends on what business the company is in ,
    For us being in the aronautical industry , our business is down drastically , I’m in the military side of the projects , for us we are extremely busy , also we have the health care also , we do simulation for health care workers ,
    Also we recently finished the ventilators , and now we have a contract with an american company building air purifiers , all this to say , we are still going through layoffs , it’s amazing how this pandemic has affected some businesses.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Here is few screen shots talking Lowe’s hiring.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>After nearly 36 years in business as the one-stop-shop and online resource for high-tech professionals across nine states and 31 stores, Fry’s Electronics, Inc. (“Fry’s” or “Company”), has made the difficult decision to shut down its operations and close its business permanently as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Company will implement the shut down through an orderly wind down process that it believes will be in the best interests of the Company, its creditors, and other stakeholders.

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>Please understand if we are a bit slow to respond given the large volume of questions. The Company appreciates your patience and support through this process.

This really too bad. I am sure we will be seeing more of this in the days ahead.

I read about the Fry’s yesterday, We used to shop there occasionally when visiting my father in Phoenix.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Well, it finally happened….Woke up yesterday with a slight fever so I stayed home. Stayed home again today and went to get a COVID test…tested positive for COVID. I don’t feel too bad still have the fever (now around 101), headache, and body aches. The doc gave me scrip for some steroids, got them filled so I guess we will see how it goes.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Well, it finally happened….Woke up yesterday with a slight fever so I stayed home. Stayed home again today and went to get a COVID test…tested positive for COVID. I don’t feel too bad still have the fever (now around 101), headache, and body aches. The doc gave me scrip for some steroids, got them filled so I guess we will see how it goes.

😮😮😮 Geeze Chad , hopefully you can get over it quickly , take care of yourself , 🙏🍻

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

tested positive for COVID.

That’s not good news. Hope for a speedy recovery for you.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My daughter tested positive this week. it is not hitting her to hard yet. My wife and I were tested and are negative so far, testing again later this week. We are avoiding contact with others for now.

I had to cancel my first meeting today. I have a homeowner we are working with who is pregnant. the last thing I want to do is to expose her . Once we have tested again in a few days to make sure we are clear we will reschedule.

Getting it does not really bother me, but giving it to someone else would.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s not good news. Take care yourself.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My daughter tested positive this week. it is not hitting her to hard yet. My wife and I were tested and are negative so far, testing again later this week. We are avoiding contact with others for now.

I had to cancel my first meeting today. I have a homeowner we are working with who is pregnant. the last thing I want to do is to expose her . Once we have tested again in a few days to make sure we are clear we will reschedule.

This is not good. Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery.

Greg

Well hopefully it doesn’t hit her hard , and hopefully she gets over it quickly , wishing her a speedy recovery , hopefully you and your wife are good , stay safe 🙏
    I can’t believe it is a year already
    We have been getting easily an employee per week that’s been tested positive , believe it or not , we had better numbers here the first time last year , I guess they let up slightly , and more people working and so on , those numbers creep up , kinda scary at times though.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Hope everyone staying safe. Yes one year already and it’s surreal.

They still don’t know a lot about this virus, even though vaccines are available and becoming more common.

They had someone who had COVID and got over it, only to get it again months later that became a life and death situation, they don’t know if that person had a different strand, or once you get it and gotten over it does not mean you are immune. So much they don’t know.

The data is also very scarce. Testing samples were limited and general conclusions are not very useful from small sample size. For example one of my neighbors who is Asian told me the Pfizer vaccine is 100% effective for Asians he heard so he is planning to get Pfizer. I looked into it, and yes there was a test a few months ago, with a sample of 500 people, with Pfizer, and the result is five people got infected with COVID after being vaccinated. It turns out those five people are white, this leads to the conclusion that that no one got infected were black brown red yellow green, and from there they drew the conclusion that Pfiser is 100% effective for black, asian and indians. Kind of scary to draw these kinds of conclusions.

Still much to learn and much we don’t know.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Went and got a Covid test today. I haven’t felt great since Friday evening. Looks like I will be off work for awhile.

Greg

Hope everyone staying safe. Yes one year already and it’s surreal.

They still don’t know a lot about this virus, even though vaccines are available and becoming more common.

They had someone who had COVID and got over it, only to get it again months later that became a life and death situation, they don’t know if that person had a different strand, or once you get it and gotten over it does not mean you are immune. So much they don’t know.

The data is also very scarce. Testing samples were limited and general conclusions are not very useful from small sample size. For example one of my neighbors who is Asian told me the Pfizer vaccine is 100% effective for Asians he heard so he is planning to get Pfizer. I looked into it, and yes there was a test a few months ago, with a sample of 500 people, with Pfizer, and the result is five people got infected with COVID after being vaccinated. It turns out those five people are white, this leads to the conclusion that that no one got infected were black brown red yellow green, and from there they drew the conclusion that Pfiser is 100% effective for black, asian and indians. Kind of scary to draw these kinds of conclusions.

Still much to learn and much we don’t know.

Yeah lots of questions and un answered questions about this
    My MIL just got her vaccine Saturday , she’s 82 and it was that same product
    It’s still kinda scary with all the variants poping up

Went and got a Covid test today. I haven’t felt great since Friday evening. Looks like I will be off work for awhile.

Hopefully it isn’t that , maybe it’s just muscular or something ,

They will be starting to give fast tests to employees and their family at our work , and hopefully by mid April or the latest the end of april , they are supposed to offer vaccines for All employees and their family 🤞

To throw my 2 cents worth in on this. I caught Covid in early March last year from a customer. In January I got it from my grandson who lives with us with his mom. His asymptomatic hockey coach wound up infecting half the team. His mom got it and so did my wife, brother-in-law and myself. My brother-in-law wound up in the hospital for 4 weeks. As one of the doctors said, you have 1 HVAC system in a home so don’t expect social distancing to be effective. I called a customer the other day and he said he lost his father, sister and brother to Covid all in one week. The point to all this is that the virus wants to kill you if it can. It has negatively affected my lungs. I hope it will all clear up eventually. So don’t take any changes with Covid folks.

To throw my 2 cents worth in on this. I caught Covid in early March last year from a customer. In January I got it from my grandson who lives with us with his mom. His asymptomatic hockey coach would up infecting half the team. His mom got it and so did my wife, brother-in-law and myself. My brother-in-law wound up in the hospital for 4 weeks. As one of the doctors said, you have 1 HVAC system in a home so don’t expect social distancing to be effective. I called a customer the other day and he said he lost his father, sister and brother to Covid all in one week. The point to all this is that the virus wants to kill you if it can. It has negatively affected my lungs. I hope it will all clear up eventually. So don’t take any changes with Covid folks.

Wow , thanks for sharing that Lon , I’ve heard and actually seen coworkers that had it , they were okay after a few weeks , but exactly what you mentioned , they have been cleared for months now , but still complain about shortness of breath and so on ,
    Take care and stay safe everyone 🤞🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 469 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.312 seconds