dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 8 posts - 321 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This is not construction related but I ran into a bit of an issue trying to take stuff out of my safe deposit box at a bank.

The bank has decided that due to COVID they are closing the lobby. Now I do business with multiple banks, BoA, Chase, Citi, BB&T, TD, Schwab and most of them kept the lobby open. They may have limited hours or may be closed on Saturdays but BB&T decided to close their lobbies.

I didn’t know and went to the bank and doors were locked. On their web site it says if you need in person service to call their branch or set up an appointment online. I called the local branch, no one answers. Went online to book an appointment and was able to secure an appointment the next day at 11am. That’s not an appointment to get into my box, that’s an appointment for them to call you to ask you “How can I help you”. You tell them you need to access your safe deposit box and then they set you up for an true appointment the next day. That’s 48 hours after. If you need to get to your box for some urgent matter, you may not be able to.

@Miamicuse WOW sounds pretty complicated ,
    I wonder why all the protocol ,

I went through the drive thru at our bank to deposit a cheque , but the envelope drawer is sealed close with silicone caulking 🤷‍♂️
    I usually just take a picture of the cheque and deposit it via smartphone banking , but for some reason I was getting a message saying make sure I deposited the same amount as on the cheque , was just because the cent’s actually looked funny , I just darkened them slightly , and it worked.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@Miamicuse WOW sounds pretty complicated ,

I wonder why all the protocol ,

I went through the drive thru at our bank to deposit a cheque , but the envelope drawer is sealed close with silicone caulking 🤷‍♂️

I usually just take a picture of the cheque and deposit it via smartphone banking , but for some reason I was getting a message saying make sure I deposited the same amount as on the cheque , was just because the cent’s actually looked funny , I just darkened them slightly , and it worked.

We have some banks with open lobbies and some with closed lobbies. be bank at some of both, but I think I will be having my business gravitate towards those with open offices.

Doobie

We’re waiting to hear back from a friend of my wife who came over last Friday and on Monday her and her husband we’re showing Covid like symptoms. He works in a farmers market out by Peterborough. They’re going in to be tested today and we won’t know til maybe Friday whether they have it or not.

Fingers crossed it isn’t Covid for them and we’ve been infected from her visit as it seems that the majority of folks who get it don’t start showing symptoms til around day 5 or 6 from the time they’ve been infected.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

We have some banks with open lobbies and some with closed lobbies. be bank at some of both, but I think I will be having my business gravitate towards those with open offices.

I think how different banks deal with the pandemic will tell me from now on which banks to give my business to.

I will probably switch from BB&T, the only hassle is all my tenants are instructed to direct deposit there, so it will be a bit of transition period to move that over.

Another bank with lobbies open, you walk in, they ask you to stand in a specific spot first, remove your mask and look at the camera, then you can put your mask back on. That’s understandable and no compliant. But completely closing the lobby and not answering phones and taking 48 hours to access safe deposit boxes is a bit much (for me anyways).

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Fingers crossed it isn’t Covid for them and we’ve been infected from her visit as it seems that the majority of folks who get it don’t start showing symptoms til around day 5 or 6 from the time they’ve been infected.

I was at my doctors two days ago for a physical exam.

The nurse who took my blood sample told me she had a nephew who tested positive. Now get this, there is a long wait to get tested. You first register online for a spot, and then print out a piece of paper with your name, address, phone and the appointment confirmation ID with which testing site to go to. Then you drive to that site and wait in the long line of cars. This wait is long, can take hours. Her nephew waited over one hour, lost patience and left without getting tested. Six days later he got in the mail test result testing positive.

HUH? He didn’t get tested. WTH?

What this means is very concerning.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

At my bank all cheques and cash deposits are put separate drawers without envelopes. It has been this before Covid.
    My bank only lets certain amount of the bank at one time. The have person outside letting people in out.

Fingers crossed Kevin. Hope all goes well for you and you friends.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I was at my doctors two days ago for a physical exam.

The nurse who took my blood sample told me she had a nephew who tested positive. Now get this, there is a long wait to get tested. You first register online for a spot, and then print out a piece of paper with your name, address, phone and the appointment confirmation ID with which testing site to go to. Then you drive to that site and wait in the long line of cars. This wait is long, can take hours. Her nephew waited over one hour, lost patience and left without getting tested. Six days later he got in the mail test result testing positive.

HUH? He didn’t get tested. WTH?

What this means is very concerning.

I’ve read enough in our news to know it’s a bit of a mess in some US states with testing. Just as in the states, each province here can do things different but all provinces have taken the dilligence route and are essentially lined up with what our Federal Government wants them to do.

In contrast, you guys seem to have little to no Federal meaningful direction and it is left to your state governors who seem to have a very wide array of how to deal with it along with what they impose in their respective states.

Here, with my wife’s friend, they called on Tuesday and were booked for Wednesday/Today. Results should be next day, but sometimes it takes a second day to receive them.

I’ve not read or heard in our news outlets of horrid lineups to get tested. They’re cranking 20-30000 tests a day in our province of 15 million people here in Ontario. Our daily new case rate has started to be below 100 per day this past week with death rates per day you can count on one hand or even zero some days.

Viewing 8 posts - 321 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.348 seconds