dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a roofing permit submitted on May 25th, so far the online status of the permit is still “pending review 0% completed”. No one answers the phone and no one replies to emails. Sigh…

This past Friday are local Health Unit put a policy in place that face covering must be worn in commercial business.

Where I work it is a Industrial business not a commercial. But are plant manager has put a policy in place for face covering in the plant. There seems to be 2 different policies for production workers and office staff. The production workers have to wear a face covering from the time the walk in the plant until they leave other then when they are on breaks & lunch. From what I hear that office staff only has to wear face coverings when they leave there office or when someone enters there office.

Yeah that’s pretty much what it’s like here also , actually us shop floor workers have to wear the surgical masks , but staff were handed out a mask hand sanitizer kit about the start of July , two re usable and washable masks plus a small bottle of hand sanitizer , and like you , they only have to wear the masks when they will be in close with other office employees ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This past Friday are local Health Unit put a policy in place that face covering must be worn in commercial business.

Where I work it is a Industrial business not a commercial. But are plant manager has put a policy in place for face covering in the plant. There seems to be 2 different policies for production workers and office staff. The production workers have to wear a face covering from the time the walk in the plant until they leave other then when they are on breaks & lunch. From what I hear that office staff only has to wear face coverings when they leave there office or when someone enters there office.

Yeah that’s pretty much what it’s like here also , actually us shop floor workers have to wear the surgical masks , but staff were handed out a mask hand sanitizer kit about the start of July , two re usable and washable masks plus a small bottle of hand sanitizer , and like you , they only have to wear the masks when they will be in close with other office employees ,

We have disposable mask to use or we can bring our own mask in if we like too. People that can’t wear masks have to wear a face shield. In parts of our plant it gets pretty hot. I raise the concern with heat and wearing masks when it is hot. So the company brought in more fans and gave 2 extra 10 minutes breaks. We had the extra breaks for 2 1/2 have weeks. With cooler temps this week they took the extra breaks away. Now it looks like hot temps are coming back.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

We have disposable mask to use or we can bring our own mask in if we like too. People that can’t wear masks have to wear a face shield. In parts of our plant it gets pretty hot. I raise the concern with heat and wearing masks when it is hot. So the company brought in more fans and gave 2 extra 10 minutes breaks. We had the extra breaks for 2 1/2 have weeks. With cooler temps this week they took the extra breaks away. Now it looks like hot temps are coming back.

Yeah that must be hot , we have A/C and it still is warn wearing the masks , but I’ll tell you , I’m definitely not complaining , I’d rather have to wear a mask as apposed to the respirator ,
    Yes on the shop floor , it’s only the surgical masks , nothing else ,

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The PT lumber shortage, or in some area general lumber shortage too is real.

My BIL works in a PT plant. Last I talked to him he said they can’t keep up with the orders to the point they are shipping 1/2 loads. I guess that’s to keep the suppliers to end users somewhat happy. What he didn’t say was why they can’t keep up… is it a bigger end user demand or a mill supply issue… or maybe a bit of both. I’ll have to remember to ask him next time we talk.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My BIL works in a PT plant. Last I talked to him he said they can’t keep up with the orders to the point they are shipping 1/2 loads.

Guess that’s why a lot of stuff is slow to ship.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

My BIL works in a PT plant. Last I talked to him he said they can’t keep up with the orders to the point they are shipping 1/2 loads. I guess that’s to keep the suppliers to end users somewhat happy. What he didn’t say was why they can’t keep up… is it a bigger end user demand or a mill supply issue… or maybe a bit of both. I’ll have to remember to ask him next time we talk.

It’s probably a combination of both. People demanding more, and the manufacturers not being set up for such an increase in demand. A lot of summer holiday money is turning into reno dollars out there.

Yeah it’s probably a little bit of both , yesterday I noticed at one of the big box stores , I was looking for another bigger pry bar for pulling off moldings. , But lots of them are missing , even power tools , I guess lots of people started working more around the house lately ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It’s probably a combination of both. People demanding more, and the manufacturers not being set up for such an increase in demand. A lot of summer holiday money is turning into reno dollars out there.

I agree. I did see earlier that alot of homeowners were replacing decks and fences when they were off work. The same thing was being said about the shortage of plants and seeds as people were starting veggie gardens. I know this year my wife couldn’t find and flowers she normally plants.
    Also at work we waited 3 months for this one product we use. We got a truckload 2 weeks ago. We don’t use alot of it.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

In Minnesota we had to create a plan within state guidelines to cover our crews and subs.

All businesses are supposed to have them. Ours was about 20 pages long. it is tough to get the plans out of subs.

I have to have my guys take and record their temps daily and answer 10 questions about their health. Wi we are working in a home, we have to do the same for the homeowner.

All subs and visitors to a job need to be recorded and temps taken.

We are also in a statewide mask mandate.

Doobie

Is that just for indoor places?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

more or less, if we are in an outdoors crowd we are also supposed to have a mask.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have to have my guys take and record their temps daily and answer 10 questions about their health. Wi we are working in a home, we have to do the same for the homeowner.

Do you have to answer 10 questions daily also?

Greg

Doobie

more or less, if we are in an outdoors crowd we are also supposed to have a mask.

That’s what it is here as well. We’re in stage 3 reopening here. Restaurants and bars can open inside but with spacing and total crowd limts along with registering people’s names and addresses/coordinates. Other gathering limits have had increases.

The gov of Ontario has kinda led the way in conjunction with the Feds blessing and set up a device app that can help with advising people if another app user has been diagnosed with Covid within a 14 day span of where you’ve been in proximity for 15 minutes of that now identified Covid infected user. No personal info is gathered apparently nor does it GPS track anybody. It does it by sharing random codes of nearby subscribers. Smart.

The privacy issue individuals concerns should get on board with this I hope. It uses Bluetooth only to function, versus other variations in other jurisdictions in the world that many have been shuned for privacy concerns should the data be hacked it collects.

I just downloaded the Covid Alert android app by Health Canada on my phone. Supposed to be rolled out accross the country rather soon. Right now, it only works for those in Ontario.

For you Canucks, careful, there’s an Alberta one that will pop up first. The Ontario/Health Canada one that was just released today only has 100K+ downloads right now at 10:23 EST Friday nite, so the Alberta one tends to pop up first still as its been around longer. I’d put up links for this, but can’t seem to find a website link for this yet and it was a bit of a task pulling it in Google PlayStore.

Get it guys. You may save a life or lives in doing so. And stay safe!

20200731_223142

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

yes, me and all of our employees at the start of the day.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Really! I never heard of this being done.

At my work we only have our temperature checked every day.. If someone calls and says they are sick. Then they are asked questions dealing with Covid. All outside contractors are asked these questions and have their temperature checked .

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

At my work we only have our temperature checked every day.. If someone calls and says they are sick. Then they are asked questions dealing with Covid. All outside contractors are asked these questions and have their temperature checked .

I have actually had to have a oxygen sensor test to go into a couple places as an additional test.

Oh yeah , at work , we have a few shifts , and each end of shift , you have to document that you cleaned up all the tools and work station ,
    What tools you used and the process that you cleaned up , we have disinfecting dispensers and sprays , plus wipes and a few other things.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Oh yeah , at work , we have a few shifts , and each end of shift , you have to document that you cleaned up all the tools and work station ,

What tools you used and the process that you cleaned up , we have disinfecting dispensers and sprays , plus wipes and a few other things.

We have cleaners who clean all common surfaces and document that it has been done. At the end of each shift each worker has to sanitize all work areas and common surfaces. We don’t have to document that this has been done.

Greg

We have cleaners who clean all common surfaces and document that it has been done. At the end of each shift each worker has to sanitize all work areas and common surfaces. We don’t have to document that this has been done.

Yeah we have cleaners also , for bathrooms and stuff , but I’m talking about us on the floor that actually use pneumatic cordless tools and jigs to assemble the simulator and real ventilators , we have to sanitize what we use , and document it , if not , we can be warned or even suspended ,

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 328 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.702 seconds