dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

So back in the shop today , just saw my email , looks like another person from the manufacturing shop floor tested positive for covid19 ,😯🙄,

I personally think it’s moving to fast for re opening places to next to full capacity ,

Oh well , try to stay safe everyone ,

They intend to have it open at full capacity? How soon?

I had a meeting with our Plant Manager last week discussing things dealing with Covid-19. During this meeting she informed me that they will doing our temperature by Thermal temperature testing soon.

Yup that’s how they have been doing it for the last month or so , we have to look at the camera and say our oath and in that time , they get to take the temperature ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@Boschmanbrian Oh I thought you guys were just using thermometer for temperature reading.
    It sounds like this new system will be permanent at our plant.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@GTokley no this is the one they installed , guess they figured it’s cheaper and probably easier than having someone physically in place for the reading , this way it’s also electronically recorded , and the people who most probably tests with a fever really have nothing to say about it 🤷‍♂️ I personally don’t know what way works better ,

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

The company I work for is getting digital thermometers for every job lead to have on site. They will be used everyday for all employees and subs…They also said if we feel that the customer looks/acts sick, we should ask them to allow us to take their temperature also.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The company I work for is getting digital thermometers for every job lead

Probably a good first defense to alert you to symptoms.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

@Sorpa yeah not at full capacity yet , most staff are still working remotely from home , but I believe about 75 percentage of us shop floor people are back , and apparently we have two more infected , 🤷‍♂️🙏 it’s kinda getting scary ,
    That’s 3 people in less than a week , okay two of them the first one his wife is a nurse , so that’s apparently how he was affected , the other person it was her boyfriend who has it , so she has been sent home to quarantine , not sure what this is going to imply later on , might be more people with symptoms 🤷‍♂️

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

we have two more infected

Interesting that with 2 people infected on the floor you’re still allowed to work.

@Sorpa yup , that’s what we are saying also , lots of people working , are definitely slightly more on edge or nervous to be in the shop , we already have over 2 dozen people that when the virus started here in Quebec , lots of them already got letters from there private doctors , because of other health issues , which I definitely don’t blame them for doing

During this unprecedented and challenging time of COVID-19 pandemic, our hearts are with those people and businesses who have been affected by this unfortunate situation. A survey from National Roofing Contractors Association revealed that about 52% of roofing companies had been seriously impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

We are all facing difficulties brought about by this challenging situation. However, we are determined to continue our high quality services for customers who are in need of roofing repair or roofing installation in Indian Trail NC and other neighboring cities.

We have taken extraordinary measures to ensure our continuous services like roofing repairs and roofing installation in NC. We are now employing aggressive but systematic sanitation and social distancing procedures for our clients and employees.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

With Covid-19 still here my company has the thermal temperature testing up and work. From what heard there is flaws in how it is working. They have got rid of the security guard testing our temperature.

Greg

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Take care Boschmanbrian, that sounds like a stressful situation.

As an aside, can anyone tell me how to start a new topic? Haven’t done it in a while, and for the life of me can’t see how to do so.

Take care Boschmanbrian, that sounds like a stressful situation.

As an aside, can anyone tell me how to start a new topic? Haven’t done it in a while, and for the life of me can’t see how to do so.

Hey thanks , hope you are doing well and staying safe , good to see you back ,

I believe you go to the drop down menu in the front page where it says navigate , click on latest pro forum , then choose a category , scroll down to the bottom of the page , and you should see a similar box like that of the reply to a post , but it will have a forum topic space and then the other areas.
    Good luck with that , let me know if you find it , and tag me if you can in the new topic please , thanks

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Thanks. Sorry, forgot to tag you. It’s in Concrete/Masonry.
    I’m doing well enough, catching up on some projects. I only seem to drop in here sporadically.

Those directions almost worked 🙂

To create a new topic, on the main page, mouse over “Pro Forum” at the top, then select “Latest Pro Forum Topics”.
    Then the trick is to find a topic in the forum you want, and click on the forum name (beneath the topic title, e.g., “started by [username] in https://bethepro.com/forums/reply/745470/
    Then scroll to the bottom of the first page and there’s a box to “Create New Topic in [Forum Name]”.
    Clicking on the Forum Name in the bar near the top of the page that contains the search box will not take you to a spot where you can create a new topic.

There must be a less roundabout way to start a topic. FWIW, I’ve turned off all adblockers, etc., and my browser (Chrome) is up to date.

Doobie

Thanks. Sorry, forgot to tag you. It’s in Concrete/Masonry.

I’m doing well enough, catching up on some projects. I only seem to drop in here sporadically.

Those directions almost worked 🙂

To create a new topic, on the main page, mouse over “Pro Forum” at the top, then select “Latest Pro Forum Topics”.

Then the trick is to find a topic in the forum you want, and click on the forum name (beneath the topic title, e.g., “started by [username] in https://bethepro.com/forums/reply/745470/

Then scroll to the bottom of the first page and there’s a box to “Create New Topic in [Forum Name]”.

Clicking on the Forum Name in the bar near the top of the page that contains the search box will not take you to a spot where you can create a new topic.

There must be a less roundabout way to start a topic. FWIW, I’ve turned off all adblockers, etc., and my browser (Chrome) is up to date.

You got it essentially.

Let us know if you need any further direction.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Is everyone getting their permits processed fast or slow?

Down here this is what is happening.

Let’s say you want to submit a new permit that requires plan submission and officially notarized papers and can’t do it via online permits, you have to drop off hard copies.

These are the steps.

(1) You go to the city’s building department. Door’s are closed, you see cardboard boxes outside sitting on banquet tables on the outside, you drop your plans into a box labeled “SUBMIT PLANS IN THIS BOX”.

(2) Let’s say you go to drop your plans on June 1 Monday. This box is untouched the entire week by staff, they wait till that Friday June 5 COB to take the box inside, that box will contain all submittals from June 1 to June 5.

(3) Now this box once put inside, is left in a staging area for at least a week, because staff thinks it needs to wait a few days for the virus to die off. So they wait at least ONE WEEK.

(4) The first time anyone would touch that box is June 15. If it’s a plan reviewer working at the office, they will look at these plans, by that time it’s 15 days from when you drop it off. Now if it’s a plan reviewer working at home, that person will need to come in on the week of June 15, to pick up that box to sort through and bring the relevant plans home to review.

Can you imagine how long it will take, if your plans and permits have to be through multiple departments like zoning, structures, electrical if some or all of those reviewers are working out of their respective homes?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Good thing I don’t deal with permits. Usually it’s posted on a window when I go to the location.

Doobie

Not me, as I have no permits I’m lookijg for right now, but I have to imagine it is different everywhere how these types of things are being processed in light of Covid.

These are the steps.

(1) You go to the city’s building department. Door’s are closed, you see cardboard boxes outside sitting on banquet tables on the outside, you drop your plans into a box labeled “SUBMIT PLANS IN THIS BOX”.

(3) Now this box once put inside, is left in a staging area for at least a week, because staff thinks it needs to wait a few days for the virus to die off. So they wait at least ONE WEEK.

That seems like a bit much considering that the virus doesn’t survive on paper for more than hours and MAYBE up to 48 hours on smoothish surfaces. Hmmmm!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Down here this is what is happening.

Let’s say you want to submit a new permit that requires plan submission and officially notarized papers and can’t do it via online permits, you have to drop off hard copies.

These are the steps.

(2) Let’s say you go to drop your plans on June 1 Monday. This box is untouched the entire week by staff, they wait till that Friday June 5 COB to take the box inside, that box will contain all submittals from June 1 to June 5.

(4) The first time anyone would touch that box is June 15. If it’s a plan reviewer working at the office, they will look at these plans, by that time it’s 15 days from when you drop it off. Now if it’s a plan reviewer working at home, that person will need to come in on the week of June 15, to pick up that box to sort through and bring the relevant plans home to review.

Can you imagine how long it will take, if your plans and permits have to be through multiple departments like zoning, structures, electrical if some or all of those reviewers are working out of their respective homes?

We have not had to much problem with permits but we have not had any big ones go in, just several smaller ones. The nitc thing here is that previously, they never allowed us to use credit cards for permit fee’s. Now they will allow it up to $1,000. It makes it a lot easier than always making sure you have a check with you.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Miamicuse wrote:

That seems like a bit much considering that the virus doesn’t survive on paper for more than hours and MAYBE up to 48 hours on smoothish surfaces. Hmmmm!

It does make you wonder really. I know some people handling things differently.
    I yet figure out why people need to wear a mask while driving there car and they are the only one in it.
    I do get that this virus is serious.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 298 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.408 seconds