dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Serve the hogs Jenny Craig meals so they go on diet and stop gaining weight or even lose weight, then you don’t have to kill them because they won’t fit into the pig slaughter machines.

They are feeding them reduced calories to slow the growth and smaller rations. but they can only do that for to long before they are to big. 300 pounds is the ideal weight, a full grown hog can go over a thousand pounds.

I have seen whole hogs for sale around here for $150, and about $200 processing. I may get one to put in the freezer to help a farmer out. I will need to eat down my venison to have room to fit it however.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

full grown hog can go over a thousand pounds

I think one needs a couple of years to grow that big.

Clev08
    Pro

Yeah I have heard about one particular meat plant in Canada , one person died from covid19 and plenty of other workers have been tested positive for the virus , I believe that they are temporary closing the plant , lots of people sick and probably need to decontaminate the entire building.

The problem with meat packing plants is people work elbow to elbow. They have closed down a couple here in Iowa and Nebraska that I know of.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The problem with meat packing plants is people work elbow to elbow. They have closed down a couple here in Iowa and Nebraska that I know of.

It like this most factories and plants. People pretty much have to work close together to get the work done. I know one cheese processing factory installed alot of protective shields for the line works.

Ontario is now starting open up some business. Let’s see how this goes.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Doobie

I can’t work or even sleep well for that matter when my hair is too long, never mind doing construction. Lol!

All the barber/hair places here are still closed with no real date set for them to re-open so I took matters in my own hands and wifey is gonna learn how via YouTube to do me a #2 on the sides, and a #4 on the top as has been my order for the last couple of decades for my semi-balding upper orb. Lol!

Drives me nuts when my hair gets to a certain length and starts tickling me aside from the Einstein look which I do not like either without his brains.

I couldn’t even find any decent cheaper hair trimmers available online as everybody else seems to have bought them up in this Covid crisis.

But that was good thing. Made me do some real research and finally discovered the real McCoy of USA made hair clippers that any bonafide barber shop has that has been around for decades. The Oster Classic 76.

Any Canadians looking for such, lemme know as I found it for significantly cheaper than amazon or typical other retailers prices. Saved about 100 plus bucks on all that stuff versus the cheapest elsewhere. Free shipping too!

This thing will pay for itself in about a year on me alone. My teenage son is on the fence with this though and so far is looking to tough it out til the shops re-open.

@Clev08 you are right , it’s tight working conditions ,
    I know here in Montreal the cost per square foot is crazy for companies that rent or even buy for that matter , so many times , they try to use as much space as possible for assembly and other stuff just like the meat plants

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

The Oster Classic 76

That looks beefy. Never heard of them though.
    I might give it a try. My Wahl is about to kick the bucket.

Edit: I just looked up the price and holly cow that’s an expensive machine.

😯😯 I’m still using my cordless Wahl from CT I think it was around 38 or 50 max 😁 it’s around 10 years old ,
    And it’s even Ni-cad I believe lol

Doobie

The Oster Classic 76

That looks beefy. Never heard of them though.

I might give it a try. My Wahl is about to kick the bucket.

Edit: I just looked up the price and holly cow that’s an expensive machine.

Oster, now owned by Sunbeam, has been around since the 20s. There’s a reason they are called Classic. They’re real pro machines and provided you maintain them properly, they will last forever. I’ll dare say that probably everybody on this forum has had one used on them before many times. They’re considered the best hair clipper out there. Can handle the toughest hair wet or dry and work all day. Even the cord is made to resist chemicals found in barber shops and salons.

Here’s a fairly good review of this model.

https://swankyman.com/oster-classic-76-review/

The only negatives mentioned seems to be the price and for some folks the weight. Otherwise this beast is the king of the hair jungle.

I found a place that had it and the doodads for a lot cheaper than Amazon online here in Toronto but it is hard to find them online. Anybody want me to post the link, lemme know. The doodads alone were like double the price all over amazon. I’m actually finding that almost everything on amazon is pricier than what I can find it for elsewhere lately. Maybe it’s just me, but they don’t seem so competitive price-wise any longer.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

No, you’re right. Amazon is no longer price competitive. They’ve jacked up the prices. Probably that wonky eye owner wants to reach the trillion in ITS life time.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I can’t work or even sleep well for that matter when my hair is too long, never mind doing construction. Lol!

All the barber/hair places here are still closed with no real date set for them to re-open so I took matters in my own hands and wifey is gonna learn how via YouTube to do me a #2 on the sides, and a #4 on the top as has been my order for the last couple of decades for my semi-balding upper orb. Lol!

Drives me nuts when my hair gets to a certain length and starts tickling me aside from the Einstein look which I do not like either without his brains.

I couldn’t even find any decent cheaper hair trimmers available online as everybody else seems to have bought them up in this Covid crisis.

But that was good thing. Made me do some real research and finally discovered the real McCoy of USA made hair clippers that any bonafide barber shop has that has been around for decades. The Oster Classic 76.

Any Canadians looking for such, lemme know as I found it for significantly cheaper than amazon or typical other retailers prices. Saved about 100 plus bucks on all that stuff versus the cheapest elsewhere. Free shipping too!

This thing will pay for itself in about a year on me alone. My teenage son is on the fence with this though and so far is looking to tough it out til the shops re-open.

I know exactly what you mean. My hair started to get out of hand too. I bought a set a clippers a few weeks ago knowing I might need them. They weren’t many to pick from. I had the wife put them to work last week. The last few weeks I have noticed that aleast 10 people have decided to cut there own hair at my work.

Greg

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Fortunately, I have cut my own hair for a long time so I had everything I need to keep trimmed up.

Back to work all this week – we have been doing some outside projects as the weather permits and working on a big remodel in our office. We have several indoor projects on hold until daycare centers open back up.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Fortunately, I have cut my own hair for a long time so I had everything I need to keep trimmed up.

Back to work all this week – we have been doing some outside projects as the weather permits and working on a big remodel in our office. We have several indoor projects on hold until daycare centers open back up.

Hahaha yeah I’m on number one on the clippers lol
    I’ve been doing it for years , so easy ,

I have to get my act together , I haven’t stopped working , I was actually hoping to be let go for a few weeks/maybe a month , just so I could get some projects completed at home , that didn’t happen , so I’m going to have to either use my vacation time for updating or working after hours LoL

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Last time I’ve been into a hair salon was 15 years ago.
    Then I bought a pair of clippers.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Good to hear you are back to work.

Greg

Last time I’ve been into a hair salon was 15 years ago.

Then I bought a pair of clippers.

Hahaha yeah , we kinda look alike last time I saw you , except you are better looking 🙄🤷‍♂️
    I have been putting together some little things I figured you would be able to use , next time I see you I’ll give them to you 👊👍

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

next time I see you I’ll give them to you

Looking forward.

So back in the shop today , just saw my email , looks like another person from the manufacturing shop floor tested positive for covid19 ,😯🙄,
    I personally think it’s moving to fast for re opening places to next to full capacity ,
    Oh well , try to stay safe everyone ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I had a meeting with our Plant Manager last week discussing things dealing with Covid-19. During this meeting she informed me that they will doing our temperature by Thermal temperature testing soon.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 298 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.476 seconds