dcsimg

Covid-19 and Construction

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Last post got swallowed again.

Went to the city of fort lauderdale to pick up a permit. They no longer allow anyone inside the building. What they did instead was set up a few folding tables outside in the overhang area with a bunch of boxes.

Drop your permits in this box, pick up your permits in this box, submit revisions in this box, zoning requests in this box, submit revisions in this box, historic preservation reviews in this box etc etc etc…

I found my permit in one of the boxes, so I guess anyone can go through everything in these boxes.

There was another contractor there who knocked on the door, someone came and opened the door a crack and asked what he wanted. He said he would like to talk to Dave, she said she doesn’t know who Dave is, no idea if he is there or not, no more face to face consultations, and he needs to step back to the blue line and either call or email Dave.

Also they changed the policy on plan submittals. No more rolled up plans. So if you have a D size drawing 36″X24″, it needs to be folded one way 9″ on the left, 9″ on the right, inside out, then you fold 6″ from the top, 6″ from the bottom, the idea is most of the drawing is readable from the exposed 18″X 12″ middle, and if needed would just require another layer to unfold? So if you have a set of 20 sheets each will need to be folded this way inside out and no stapling together.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The company I work for is in the process of hiring new employees. The company is trying figure to safety train new employees while maintaining 6ft/2m. They are going to do classroom training and when on the floor. The trainer and the trainee will wear 2 way radio headsets. I was asked by the Plant Manager to try out the new headsets and give her some feedback on them. I tried them out yesterday and they seem work pretty good. I have attached a picture what they look like.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Clev08
    Pro

The company I work for is in the process of hiring new employees. The company is trying figure to safety train new employees while maintaining 6ft/2m. They are going to do classroom training and when on the floor. The trainer and the trainee will wear 2 way radio headsets. I was asked by the Plant Manager to try out the new headsets and give her some feedback on them. I tried them out yesterday and they seem work pretty good. I have attached a picture what they look like.

That’s very interesting, do they double as hearing protection too? I’m guessing it is really loud in the plant since most times you can have a conversation 6 feet apart. I think some of the changes we are seeing will stick around after things settle down.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That’s very interesting, do they double as hearing protection too? I’m guessing it is really loud in the plant since most times you can have a conversation 6 feet apart. I think some of the changes we are seeing will stick around after things settle down

Yes they do double as hearing protection. Yes it pretty loud in the plant when equipment is running. You could be right as some of guidelines will stay in place

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I talked to a neighbor who’s working in a meat processing plant: every morning all workers have their temperature checked.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Everyone who enters our building has to have their temperature checked. The company started doing staggered breaks and lunched a few weeks ago. This week the company started started staggered start times with some lines to reduce the amount of people in the change rooms.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I talked to a neighbor who’s working in a meat processing plant: every morning all workers have their temperature checked.

Meat processing plants around here are a real problem, Several have been shut down. There about 100,000 or more hogs a week that are ready for market. If plants do not open soon, the hogs will be just killed because they have no place to go with them and need the barn space for new ones. If they get to big, they don’t fit in the machines at the processing plants properly, so they cannot be processed other than individually by local butchers. There is no way local butchers could handle that many hogs a week.

Yeah I have heard about one particular meat plant in Canada , one person died from covid19 and plenty of other workers have been tested positive for the virus , I believe that they are temporary closing the plant , lots of people sick and probably need to decontaminate the entire building.
    Pretty scary stuff , now we have to don particular masks supplied by the company all day.
    Also I noticed that the traffic has also had a huge increase on the road since yesterday
    And I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse , and this won’t help with controlling the virus , I expect it to go back up with more people going back to work and school starting up mid May 🤷‍♂️

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

the hogs will be just killed because they have no place to go

The whole chain should be stopped at the source.
    Or should’ve been stooped a while ago.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Set the hogs free into the wild?

I’m writing up the new lyrics for that song
    LoL who let the Hogs out 🤫🤣😂🤣

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

You already have a lot of of hogs in the wild.
    I would start with the nurseries.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I expect it to go back up with more people going back to work and school starting up mid Ma

Everybody stay safe and healthy out there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Serve the hogs Jenny Craig meals so they go on diet and stop gaining weight or even lose weight, then you don’t have to kill them because they won’t fit into the pig slaughter machines.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

In my area in Missouri, I just saw a 300 lb hog going for $90 delivered. Crazy.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Does it have swine flu LOL?

Doobie

Meat processing plants around here are a real problem, Several have been shut down. There about 100,000 or more hogs a week that are ready for market. If plants do not open soon, the hogs will be just killed because they have no place to go with them and need the barn space for new ones. If they get to big, they don’t fit in the machines at the processing plants properly, so they cannot be processed other than individually by local butchers. There is no way local butchers could handle that many hogs a week.

Time to fill up the freezer with bacon by the sounds of it.

My teenage son eats bacon like a fiend lately. I’m buying 100 dollars plus in bacon every 2-3 weeks from Costco. He especially loves the thick sliced maple bacon. Cooks a plate full at a time and munches it while gaming on his PC during the day more than once a day. Despite that, he’s still slim like Michael Phelps. Yes, he’s a swimmer too.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Time to fill up the freezer with bacon by the sounds of it.

My teenage son eats bacon like a fiend lately. I’m buying 100 dollars plus in bacon every 2-3 weeks from Costco. He especially loves the thick sliced maple bacon. Cooks a plate full at a time and munches it while gaming on his PC during the day more than once a day. Despite that, he’s still slim like Michael Phelps. Yes, he’s a swimmer too.

That’s alot of bacon. Costco does have good bacon. We haven’t bought Costco bacon in a long time.

Greg

Yeah I just recently bought the bacon from Costco , really good , and we bought that tray to cook it on the BBQ ,

Lots of people are back in the shop , almost all the shop employees , but they told staff to keep working from home ,
    Also They say that the little cafeteria will open for take out meals , just Salad and sandwiches and other little things.

Also they are starting to take our temperature now , kinda of confusing stay home , but get back to the routine 🤷‍♂️
    Lots more cars on the road today , just hope it doesn’t spike up again (covid19) that is.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Pennsylvania is opening construction back up starting tomorrow, May 1st so I am heading back to work. The state has placed some requirements for this return – mostly common sense protective measures. Hopefully with things starting to reopen, we do not see a surge in new cases…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 298 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.483 seconds