dcsimg

Cordless Tools Battery Innovations for 2015

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Maybe you will be able to better monitor that with Bluetooth. An alarm on your app/phone could ring/vibrate and tell you station2 20v is fully charged.

The technology is getting crazy nowadays; even a toothbrush, it also integrated with a bluetooth connectivity.

Found this podcast here with Clint DeBoer, of Pro Tool Reviews, with information and insights into latest cordless power tools trends in this category — especially tools that were once exclusively corded now going cordless. He also talks about the trends in lighter weight and lithium-ion (LI) batteries, especially how LI batteries provide longer run times:

http://www.proconstructionguide.com/cordless-power-tool-trends/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great innovation dewalt. just dumped some money in the trash.
    a battery with bluetooth?! for what?
    you should work with the tool and not play around

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Found this podcast here with Clint DeBoer, of Pro Tool Reviews, with information and insights into latest cordless power tools trends in this category — especially tools that were once exclusively corded now going cordless. He also talks about the trends in lighter weight and lithium-ion (LI) batteries, especially how LI batteries provide longer run times:

The brushless tools does come somewhat close to corded power, but still not there yet I think.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The brushless tools does come somewhat close to corded power, but still not there yet I think.

I’m loving my new brushless Makita circular saw. It’s extremely impressive! I’d agree with you and say it’s not quite a corded saw, but it’s more than enough for most of my cuts. It’s the only brushless tool aside from my impacts and drills.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent gotten my hands on a brushless circ saw yet but i tried the milwaukee on display at hd a while back.. i was impressed with it ripping 2×10 no problem.. … one of the guys on instagram i follow tested his makita brushless circ saw and did a speed test against a bosch wormdrive ripping 2×12 doug fir.. the makita won

as for that waste of money from dewalt… i dont why in gods name anyone would buy their tools for that aspect……. just means more time guys waste on their phone

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The inductive charging has got my curiosity going. Sounds like a neat idea. I think, like most, that bluetooth is a dumb idea. I don’t even own a cell phone. I don’t need the gimmicks.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

as for that waste of money from dewalt… i dont why in gods name anyone would buy their tools for that aspect……. just means more time guys waste on their phone

I think the bluetheeth is for the IT and geeks guys… I bet they love that stuff.

I think the bluetheeth is for the IT and geeks guys… I bet they love that stuff.

Speaking as an IT guy – stupid feature. I dont care at all about talking to my batteries through my phone.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I guess DeWalt figures a battery meter on the battery is just too much trouble to look at, easier to whip out the phone and check the battery status through an app?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Do the dewalts have an onboard battery meter on the batterys?

My tool store is having the big fall sale this week…kinda scary 🙂

--Steve

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I guess DeWalt figures a battery meter on the battery is just too much trouble to look at, easier to whip out the phone and check the battery status through an app?

One button versus a bunch of buttons to get to the app and then the battery indicator, might be more a pain. specially if you don’t have an otterbox or something for it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lol.

Silliness for complete technophiles.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

what you do when you forgot your phone or its empty?
    sh*t i cant check my battery today because i left my phone at home haha

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t think so. They may have found that adding an app was easier than retooling the battery for a meter.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t think so. They may have found that adding an app was easier than retooling the battery for a meter.

dewalt batteries have a battery meter, indicator, fuel gauge or how ever you wanna call it 😀
    makita battery plattform has no fuel gauge on their batteries. but they finally came up with it. now are makita batteries available with fuel gauge

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

dewalt batteries have a battery meter, indicator, fuel gauge or how ever you wanna call it 😀

Well then why do they think they need BT to check on the battery condition?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well then why do they think they need BT to check on the battery condition?

Because they could be phoneaholics..

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Because they could be phoneaholics..

I think you are right.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.322 seconds