dcsimg

Cordless Reciprocating Saws

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    CB
    Pro

Comparitive reviews can sometimes be useful for identifying flagrant issues, but even then the issues are only obliquely hinted at, and often downplayed, as the reviewer placates all manufacturerers in order to receive more tools to review, in order to get more hits to their review site, in order to secure more advertising revenue, in order to survive.

Given this, it is disappointing to note how many posts for points on BTP are simply links with a title to ProToolReview… and that this type of co-opted content appears to be preferred over original content describing personal experience with the tool in authentic situations, rather than these clickbait comparitive “tests”.

On the other hand, and in complete contradiction to the preceding paragraph (noted here prior to its anticipated deletion), were it not for the review, I might not have ever even considered the anti vibration characteristics of the Bosch model, which I would never have occasion to try since no one around me uses Bosch battery tools.

Still, the entire review and comparison model is corrupted with behodenment. Whether on YouTube, on Amazon reviews, or on dedicated review websites… none can be trusted as impartial and devoid of agenda.

And as such, the concept of “fairness” or complete “inclusivness” cannot be reasonably expected.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why did they not test the Dewalt Flexvolt? I am sure the price is in line with the others.

It may have to do with the size of the battery, that 60vlot is like a motorcycle battery.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Best Compact Cordless Reciprocating Saw Head-to-Head Comparison Review

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Also, the weight of the Milwaukee saw is almost a whole pound heavier than the Dewalt. So, with the battery onboard, they weigh virtually the same.

@CB Yup I have to agree with you on both or all of the points you pointed out

That being said , I do read some of the reviews , but don’t judge my decision solely on them

I don’t take what they say 100 percent in these head to head reviews either ,
    It will depend on who is writing up these reviews also , they are interesting to read and as you mentioned , sometimes we can get useful information from them

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Given this, it is disappointing to note how many posts for points on BTP are simply links with a title to ProToolReview… and that this type of co-opted content appears to be preferred over original content describing personal experience with the tool in authentic situations, rather than these clickbait comparitive “tests”.

I could not agree more. These copy and paste links are annoying at best. We all have access to these review sites. Personal experience posts would be far more valuable and more in keeping with the aims of BTP.

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Comparitive reviews can sometimes be useful for identifying flagrant issues, but even then the issues are only obliquely hinted at, and often downplayed, as the reviewer placates all manufacturerers in order to receive more tools to review, in order to get more hits to their review site, in order to secure more advertising revenue, in order to survive.

On the other hand, and in complete contradiction to the preceding paragraph (noted here prior to its anticipated deletion), were it not for the review, I might not have ever even considered the anti vibration characteristics of the Bosch model, which I would never have occasion to try since no one around me uses Bosch battery tools.

Still, the entire review and comparison model is corrupted with behodenment. Whether on YouTube, on Amazon reviews, or on dedicated review websites… none can be trusted as impartial and devoid of agenda.

And as such, the concept of “fairness” or complete “inclusivness” cannot be reasonably expected.

Honestly your opinion here of these post is not much different then a review. It is just your opinion!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Honestly your opinion here of these post is not much different then a review. It is just your opinion!

Information is presented so that the people can decide whether or not the tool is for them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@gtokley @cb The forum won’t let me quote ths morning, so here is my reply to your thoughts;

That’s the point of a forum, isn’t it? To exchange opinions, ideas, concepts and to compare personal experience. It.s a meeting place for folks to gather and discuss ideas of mutual interest.

The operative word there is discuss and that involves making sure that you have something of value and of interest to the forum before you add your thought.

It is my understanding that the sponsors of this forum expect members to comply with the rules set out in the sticky above and offer comments relating to their personal experience and to refrain from posts of less than 25 words which add nothing to the discussion.

I didn’t want to go down this road again but the timing seems right to restate the objectives of this forum as clearly as possible and in a considered tone.

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That’s the point of a forum, isn’t it? To exchange opinions, ideas, concepts and to compare personal experience. It.s a meeting place for folks to gather and discuss ideas of mutual interest.

I don’t disagree with you on this at all. You are 100% right. What I was meaning was opinion is not much different then a review. If someone post a link to information or a video of tool.

If you go back the first post in this thread it was started with link to information about reviews of compact recip saws.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you go back the first post in this thread it was started with link to information about reviews of compact recip saws.

I was just trying to stay on topic.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.386 seconds