dcsimg

Cordless recip saw shoot out

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

All that said, I do think orbital cutting and an adjustable foot would be nice to have. Maybe the 2017 model will be better

Yeah I wish I had these two on mine sometimes. But it is quite comfortable to use, even though it had no vibration control my hands aren’t numb afterwards like with the corded Hitachi I have.

The adjustment for the foot plate was nice, I had it and used it many times on the older ni-cad, just that vibration was definitely not the best on the old model. After using both the old ni-cad and now the lithium one, I can definitely see a improvement in the vibration between the two.

It’s good for blade life too, there was once I managed to shear all the teeth off base of blade with the Hitachi and just extended the foot all the way and kept using it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t have a cordless recip saw right now and the Makita is in my sights.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The double or single?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw a comparison between the single and dual battery model and there was almost no diferecne in power. The biggest difference was in run time.

Interesting added weight but not much difference in power.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I saw a comparison between the single and dual battery model and there was almost no diferecne in power. The biggest difference was in run time.

I can say that the runtime from the single battery version isnt stellar. Its pretty good, but compared to the other Makita brushless tools, it eats the batteries. That said, I personally would rather change a battery a bit more often than carry around the weight of a second battery with the tool.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The double or single?

The single battery one.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I can say that the runtime from the single battery version isnt stellar. Its pretty good, but compared to the other Makita brushless tools, it eats the batteries. That said, I personally would rather change a battery a bit more often than carry around the weight of a second battery with the tool.

agreen back in the day when it took longer to charge batteries sure. But these days 20 mins and its charged. Recip are needed in tight areas often and smaller and ligher is better.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That said, I personally would rather change a battery a bit more often than carry around the weight of a second battery with the tool.

With improving charge times the extra weight just is not needed. I’m all for light tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.412 seconds