dcsimg

Cordless… Lawn Tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 266 total)
  • Author

The demo Ego unit we tested had plenty of power. No doubt it would equal a gas model. With the right string it would do very well.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@overanalyze thanks Andrew, sorry I missed this response,

Great first impression, I would like to get rid of my gas mower eventually, I like it, it’s just for the noise, just like you mentioned, nice and quiet.

I have a fairly large lawn, takes about 1 hour, that’s trimming and rushing through it lol

Do you put the battery on charge till the next cut,

Yes @Boschmanbrian that is what I was told. They are fan cooled chargers and will shut off when done charging. The mower works on any of the batteries. Ours will come with a 5ah battery. The blower and trimmer come with 2.5ah batts. Those will work in the mower too. I liked that because if you just needed a little bit of time to finish you can use the smaller battery instead of having to wait for the large one to charge.

Andrew

Yes @boschmanbrian that is what I was told. They are fan cooled chargers and will shut off when done charging. The mower works on any of the batteries. Ours will come with a 5ah battery. The blower and trimmer come with 2.5ah batts. Those will work in the mower too. I liked that because if you just needed a little bit of time to finish you can use the smaller battery instead of having to wait for the large one to charge.

Thats what I do with my ego stuff

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I wish we can get some 2x18v battery platform bosch lawn tools. Since ever other company makes it bosch need to bring it to the usa.I don’t know why they don’t have single 2x18v tool

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I wish we can get some 2x18v battery platform bosch lawn tools. Since ever other company makes it bosch need to bring it to the usa.I don’t know why they don’t have single 2x18v tool

Bosch already has a 36v platform so, the jump to an 18v 2 battery platform sounds reasonable…but I think it’s clear that Bosch isn’t likely to bring their lawn stuff to NA.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Will these battery weed eaters go through the thick stuff yet??

The brushless 36v Makita certainly would cut right through that stuff. I use mine for more intense weeds fairly often.

Thanks, that grass was cut with a 2 stroke so we could work behind the house.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What I need is a good leaf blower with the power of a gas powered one, then I can get the other tools in the same line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What I need is a good leaf blower with the power of a gas powered one, then I can get the other tools in the same line.

Ego baby

I think they have a backpack model coming too

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ego baby

I never heard of that line until coming on here, but the guys that have them like them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ego baby

I never heard of that line until coming on here, but the guys that have them like them.

Love mine. And they just bought Skil, so they must matter

Ego baby

They seem to be the first quality line of OPE that others are playing catch up to. The battery is very well thought out. 3 yr warranty on the battery is great!

Andrew

I’ve got an old Ryobi 21″ mower that ran on lead acid batteries and converted it to run on LIPO – it’s very powerful and light even though it has a steel deck. I’m never going back to gas or lead..

I can’t wait until the next generation or two of yard tools to prove themselves in terms of longevity before I start replacing my blower, string trimmer, chain saw, etc.

Clev08
    Pro

If you can wait till January, I’d get the Milwaukee Fuel blower when it comes out. The test videos are impressive.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

If you can wait till January, I’d get the Milwaukee Fuel blower when it comes out. The test videos are impressive.

Thats what I am waiting for. A couple 9ah batteries and I will be good to go.

I am very impressed by the Ego we demoed! Also I love the small 20v Dewalt for jobsite use and have read the bigger 20v brushless Dewalt blower is even better!

Andrew

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

most likely they will run into some patent problems with makita. but they might find a way to go around that patent and get their own system developed. same with the reaxx

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like Ego, DeWalt and the Milwaukee Fuel are the ones to keep an eye on then.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

More so than ever before. Ego has a snowblower now. TWO 56v (60v max) batteries at once, and comes with twin 5.0ah although they sell 7.5ah betteries too (at about $300 a pop). The blower and two 5.0s is around 600usd and 900cad, making it worth a drive to the states even with the exchange rate

Im still loving this idea.

Might beat paying 200$ per winter for a tractor with a snowblower to come by

More so than ever before. Ego has a snowblower now. TWO 56v (60v max) batteries at once, and comes with twin 5.0ah although they sell 7.5ah betteries too (at about $300 a pop). The blower and two 5.0s is around 600usd and 900cad, making it worth a drive to the states even with the exchange rate

Im still loving this idea.

Might beat paying 200$ per winter for a tractor with a snowblower to come by

Nah, my time with the family and doing other things is more than 200 dollars a year, besides I would still have to get out there, plus I wonder how long those battery packs would last, at the price for replacement battery packs, and then the thing is how strong enough will it be, I mean in the heavy wet snow, ? Not saying it’s not a good idea, just not for me.
    But it’s amazing how many tools and other things that are becoming cordless.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.910 seconds