dcsimg

Cordless… Lawn Tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

All I need to know is will Bosch even think about releasing any of their cordless 18 volt lawn tools. I really want to stick with 1 battery brand.

the bosch garden 18V batteries (green line) are not like the Professional 18V batteries (blue line).
    I don’t believe that we gonna see the garden tools here in NA.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

All I need to know is will Bosch even think about releasing any of their cordless 18 volt lawn tools. I really want to stick with 1 battery brand.

the bosch garden 18V batteries (green line) are not like the Professional 18V batteries (blue line).

ahh i didn’t realize that there was a difference between the european green line and the north american blue line. Its just too bad they aren’t going to be a blue 18v garden line.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is a real shame. I do believe the Bosch lawn tools for the Europe market are a high quality tool that will end up being too expensive for the NA market and that is the reason they are not being brought over.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

ahh i didn’t realize that there was a difference between the european green line and the north american blue line. Its just too bad they aren’t going to be a blue 18v garden line.

Well even european green and european blue, they are not compatible 😛
    the european blue is exactly the same like the north american blue 😀

That is a real shame. I do believe the Bosch lawn tools for the Europe market are a high quality tool that will end up being too expensive for the NA market and that is the reason they are not being brought over.

Right. there are few tools which I would add in a heart beat…cordless and corded

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s true even some of the low end battery tools are still more expensive than a lot of gas stuff. Especially if you pick up some of it used.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Cordless yard tools is something I’d like to use on my yard but don’t think I ever will.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I think the biggest problem holding bosch back from bringing much more is sales quantity. They seem to bring some stuff over then pull them back once they dont get the rush for sales. Biggest issue with this is the lack of market placement. But thats another story

I agree I dont see many lawn tools coming over. They wont be able to compete against the b&D, toro and Worx. Yes i would agree better tools but in americas low cost/disposable walmart mentality they would have problems getting the average customer.

Maybe they should just open direct orders on select models or even pick some select online sellers to carry them.

I think the biggest problem holding bosch back from bringing much more is sales quantity. They seem to bring some stuff over then pull them back once they dont get the rush for sales. Biggest issue with this is the lack of market placement. But thats another story

I agree I dont see many lawn tools coming over. They wont be able to compete against the b&D, toro and Worx. Yes i would agree better tools but in americas low cost/disposable walmart mentality they would have problems getting the average customer.

Maybe they should just open direct orders on select models or even pick some select online sellers to carry them.

I don’t know why they don’t either, maybe it’s because unlike other manufacturers, Bosch is into automotive industry, home appliances, and power tools, plus some other Ventures, maybe they feel that it’s not worth the trouble and not very profitable for them to branch out into the garden industry in North America.

To bad, I would definitely buy the garden tools,

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I don’t know why they don’t either, maybe it’s because unlike other manufacturers, Bosch is into automotive industry, home appliances, and power tools, plus some other Ventures, maybe they feel that it’s not worth the trouble and not very profitable for them to branch out into the garden industry in North America.

One of the negative effects of this board. Works good to get us interested in Bosch tools and getting us to spread the news of their quality on the sites. It just works a little too well and we all just want more and more of the bosch offerings

One of the negative effects of this board. Works good to get us interested in Bosch tools and getting us to spread the news of their quality on the sites. It just works a little too well and we all just want more and more of the bosch offerings

You know, I have been bugging Bosch since say 2004 , way before I even knew about this site,

Since I have been here I have started to upgrade my cordless tools to the lithium, I have bought some here in Quebec on sale, but you are definitely right about the wanting more Bosch offerings, I guess we know that the quality is their, so if I have faith in the quality of the power tools, I guess I would expect the same in the garden tools.

I have only had to change the brushes on my old cordless hammer drill once, so for me it’s been a good experience.

Well we demoed an EGO mower, trimmer, and blower today for our duplex lawn. Wow!! Light, quiet, plenty of power…it is nice stuff. We ordered all three and should have them next week. We found a local dealer that brought everything to us to try out. I will post up some pics and thoughts on them once we use them for a bit. These will be perfect for that yard and because there isn’t any fuel we can store them inside the mechanical room and not worry about fumes or fire.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Well we demoed an EGO mower, trimmer, and blower today for our duplex lawn. Wow!! Light, quiet, plenty of power…it is nice stuff. We ordered all three and should have them next week. We found a local dealer that brought everything to us to try out. I will post up some pics and thoughts on them once we use them for a bit. These will be perfect for that yard and because there isn’t any fuel we can store them inside the mechanical room and not worry about fumes or fire.

Well, that’s good news, and an early congrats on the purchase, what is the size of areas that you are cutting, and how long was the grass, do you cut it weekly, or do you sometime let it go for two weeks, I think Eric Montreal_Medic has that mower and blower, he said great things about them. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Andrew.

I do. Love them

Next is the string trimmer and the hedge trimmer

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Sweet look forward to hear more about it. ego is chervon right? same company that bought skil

@Boschmanbrian we do mow weekly or rather have it mowed weekly. Right now my partners kids do it…but mine are next in line. It is a smaller lawn. Probably 20 minutes of mow time, 10 minutes of trimmer time, and 10 minutes of blower time tops.

The thing I like the most is the convenience now. Before a mower had to be loaded up and driven over to mow. Now it is on site and ready to go. I was really impressed with the build quality of the mower. The wheels had bearings, the blade was pretty thick, the handles were aluminum tube and solid. We looked at some other cordless options and they didn’t seem well built at all.

We mowed the front half today for the demo and it mulched the grass nice. So quiet!!! The biggest shame now will be it won’t get used to its potential. That is ok with me. 5 yr warranty is great too!

@austin
    I do believe it is a Chervron brand.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Will these battery weed eaters go through the thick stuff yet??

Yes. If a good plug in electric can, so can the 56v brushless

Yes. If a good plug in electric can, so can the 56v brushless

Sometime these next few days, I will try to take a picture and video of my cheaper model Ryobi 18 volt it has one line, doing the back behind my fence before the forest, it’s pretty thick.
    I will get it on here this coming week, it’s raining now.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The brushless 36v Makita certainly would cut right through that stuff. I use mine for more intense weeds fairly often.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The brushless 36v Makita certainly would cut right through that stuff. I use mine for more intense weeds fairly often.

I have seen it. There was a guy on instagram who had the makita 36v right next to a echo gasser cuting down 5 foot tall weeds and grass and vines.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.921 seconds