dcsimg

Cordless… Lawn Tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 266 total)
  • Author

dewalts got there new 60v chainsaw and weed eater out now. Not that impessed by them. I bet the run time is pretty bad being a 60v battery samller than their 40v battery.

Virtually nothing made by Dewalt impresses me. It seems that they are either playing to the people who “think” their tools are contractor grade or they are trying to dupe other people into believing that they are. This 60V thing really irritates me…they should make their existing stuff better before trying to gain market share with something like this.

They certainly seem to be stuck in between contractor grade and homeowner. They try to make contractor grade tools but make them cheap to appeal to the homeowner as well.

I agree with that @Clev08. Although that cordless chainsaw seems interesting. I don’t need one but from the videos, it looks pretty cool.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I think I’m going to bit the bullett ($$$) and order the 36v brushless Makita today. I have a big backpack blower that I’m going to sell to offset the cost a bit. It would be great if I could get ahold of a nice cordless lawn mower as well…but it’s currently NAINA!

Just get one of those roomba style lawn mowers. They are cordless and they charge themselves

makita just came out with the roomba style vacuum, as for roomba style lawn mowers, husqvarna has one they just released.

Had to look it up after you mentioned the Rooba style mower.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

dewalts got there new 60v chainsaw and weed eater out now. Not that impessed by them. I bet the run time is pretty bad being a 60v battery samller than their 40v battery.

Virtually nothing made by Dewalt impresses me. It seems that they are either playing to the people who “think” their tools are contractor grade or they are trying to dupe other people into believing that they are. This 60V thing really irritates me…they should make their existing stuff better before trying to gain market share with something like this.

They certainly seem to be stuck in between contractor grade and homeowner. They try to make contractor grade tools but make them cheap to appeal to the homeowner as well.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about??? DeWalt rules the biggest jobsites. Black&Decker Industrial tools were contractor grade before they were called DeWalt. Have you been on a site with 250 to 500 guys? What was the tools in action?
    No I’m not A DeWalt fan boy and everyone here knows that but they have a proven tools and have been building longer that anybody out there.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that’s impressive. I could never image that much much yard.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have no idea what you guys are talking about??? DeWalt rules the biggest jobsites. Black&Decker Industrial tools were contractor grade before they were called DeWalt. Have you been on a site with 250 to 500 guys? What was the tools in action?
    No I’m not A DeWalt fan boy and everyone here knows that but they have a proven tools and have been building longer that anybody out there.

You’re right Dirty…I just dont think it should be that way. If guys bought quality stuff and not Dewalt because of the name and price point, you wouldn’t see as much of it out there.

Their tools are more or less fine, but I just don’t think they are half as good as Bosch, Makita or Milwaukee.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think I’m going to bit the bullett ($$$) and order the 36v brushless Makita today. I have a big backpack blower that I’m going to sell to offset the cost a bit. It would be great if I could get ahold of a nice cordless lawn mower as well…but it’s currently NAINA!

Just get one of those roomba style lawn mowers. They are cordless and they charge themselves

makita just came out with the roomba style vacuum, as for roomba style lawn mowers, husqvarna has one they just released.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/P4JyTL5racw?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

that is what i am talking about, its just too bad my front yard and backyard don’t link together in a way that the husqvarna can mow it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You’re right Dirty…I just dont think it should be that way. If guys bought quality stuff and not Dewalt because of the name and price point, you wouldn’t see as much of it out there.

Their tools are more or less fine, but I just don’t think they are half as good as Bosch, Makita or Milwaukee.

Years ago in the 90s when cordless first starting getting good, I started with DeWalt. They made a good tool and their prices were very good. I continued with DeWalt until recently when I have been going Bosch as much as possible. Bosch makes great high quality tools, DeWalt still makes a good tool and between it and few others fills the gaps that Bosch can’t fill.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I saw today that Home Depot is giving another 3.0 battery with the lawn tools. For $199, you now get two batteries, charger, and the tool.

Clev08
    Pro

I have seen dewalt saws burn up ripping down single sheets of plywood, while you see them on job sites doesn’t mean they are a good tool. I think most big companies buy what is cheap to save on initial investment…
    Some do around here anyway.

I’ve used the 40V dewalt blower and it worked fine for blowing sawdust off a driveway, I didn’t use it for anything else though.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have been framing for 30 years, and have only seen one saw burn up the motor, and it was Makita. I am not sure why there is so much hate for Dewalt. The only Dewalt tool I have toasted is an sds roto hammer. I have also burned up 2 Bosch sds hammers, so I think that has more to do with how we use the tools, and not the brand.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have seen dewalt saws burn up ripping down single sheets of plywood, while you see them on job sites doesn’t mean they are a good tool. I think most big companies buy what is cheap to save on initial investment…
    Some do around here anyway.

I’ve used the 40V dewalt blower and it worked fine for blowing sawdust off a driveway, I didn’t use it for anything else though.

That’s exactly the point I was making…good enough, but there are much better options out there that I’d personally prefer to use. That said, I DO own a few Dewalt tools, but not many. I just haven’t been impressed by any of their offerings in the last several years.

And I’ve personally toasted 4 Dewalt tools. One miter saw, one circular saw and 2 reciprocating saws. I’m confident in saying that I’ll look elsewhere give the option.

Jon P.
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

The only thing dewalt is good at, is buying up good tool companies and turning their products to crap. I dont plan on ever buying another dewalt both because of what they did to PC and the fact that every one ive owned has crapped out in less than 3 years. Yellow surely does not dominate jobs around here commercial or residential. With the mass of specialty plumbing and electrical tools Milwaukee makes red is everywhere. Yes they are common on the sites but i am betting that is a result of market saturation and price point than it is being a top quality tool. Yes dewalt is in the top 4 tool companies out there. But i cannot think of a single tool they make that is in 1st place. At least not any that are also made by the red, dk blue and lt blue. Yes all companies have their strong tools and their weak tools. Some of the dewalt tools are decent but many others are junk.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The only thing dewalt is good at, is buying up good tool companies and turning their products to crap. I dont plan on ever buying another dewalt both because of what they did to PC and the fact that every one ive owned has crapped out in less than 3 years.

@crotalusco

To be clear, Dewalt is owned by “Stanley Black and Decker”…they also own PC, Bostitch, and Mac Tools…as well as a few lesser known companies. I hear your point, but for sake of clarification, Stanley was the shark gobbling up all of the competition and ruining them.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Doobie

I feel the same way about Dewalt, but I have opted for a few of their wares in the last year based on high positive reviews and feedback on them.

One recently is their BT adapter for my older PB360’s. I just ordered a second one yesterday in fact. Another recent one is their super fast ceramic hot melt gun. Very positive feedback on it online and it was in fact somebody here last year that pointed it out to me. It’s replacing an antique I have that takes a longish time to heat up. Haven’t tried it yet myself though.

But the biggish purchase I did last year was getting their 10in wet tile saw. Tons of online glowing reviews and the fact that home depot rents them out and the guys there say that they don’t don’t need repairs after years of use was the clincher for me.

Thought I would have used it by now, but it’s still sitting in its box waiting to be used. I did get a sweet deal on it though and it’s gone up in price here in Canada due to our dollar slidding, so it was a good time to buy it regardless.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stanley was the shark gobbling up all of the competition and ruining them.

This is true. It all depends on the brand’s strategy and price point as to how well said tool will perform.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

All I need to know is will Bosch even think about releasing any of their cordless 18 volt lawn tools. I really want to stick with 1 battery brand.

Doobie

All I need to know is will Bosch even think about releasing any of their cordless 18 volt lawn tools. I really want to stick with 1 battery brand.

I hate to say it. But keep dreaming. That’s just my opinion. 🙁

Yeah … I just bought a cordless weed-wacker (strimmer in the UK) and although it’s a little unbalanced weight-wise it does the job very well in my little yard.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Yeah … I just bought a cordless weed-wacker (strimmer in the UK) and although it’s a little unbalanced weight-wise it does the job very well in my little yard.

What model /brand did get pick up, what voltage is it 18.

A few years back I almost opted to order the Bosch ART23 from UK.,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice is it cordless?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.714 seconds