dcsimg

Cordless… Lawn Tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think I’m going to bit the bullett ($$$) and order the 36v brushless Makita today. I have a big backpack blower that I’m going to sell to offset the cost a bit. It would be great if I could get ahold of a nice cordless lawn mower as well…but it’s currently NAINA!

Just get one of those roomba style lawn mowers. They are cordless and they charge themselves

makita just came out with the roomba style vacuum, as for roomba style lawn mowers, husqvarna has one they just released.

Doobie

Oh man, what a difference. I bought a Stihl gas blower last week and used it for the first time yesterday. What a pleasure to use over a broom or my corded vac blower head that I was rarely ever using anymore. Done with the blowing in minutes with little hassle in doing so. Should have got one years ago.

was it a good deal? i’ve been thinking of ditching my electric one, doesn’t have the power to do what i want.

They have most of their gas blowers on sale right now til the end of the month. It was worth it for me. Cut down a ten to fifteen minute job to around two minutes.

The noise though.

It’s totally tolerable I find. Doesn’t sound nearly as loud as some of the ones I’ve heard typically the strap on your back types. Don’t need ear protection basically.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I think I’m going to bit the bullett ($$$) and order the 36v brushless Makita today. I have a big backpack blower that I’m going to sell to offset the cost a bit. It would be great if I could get ahold of a nice cordless lawn mower as well…but it’s currently NAINA!

Just get one of those roomba style lawn mowers. They are cordless and they charge themselves

makita just came out with the roomba style vacuum, as for roomba style lawn mowers, husqvarna has one they just released.

The husqvarna one is the one I saw IIRC it can do almost 2 acres wich is more than most people have and if you have more than that I would imagine you could do it in halves on separate days. But those things are the way of the future. Its going to put some guys out of business or at least take some away.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Dewalts 20V blower looks like a solid piece and most of the time they have promo when you buy the kit (tool+battery) you get another battery free.
    does anybody have this blower?
    I do need a cordless blower but I kinda don’t want to start with another battery line/brand.

I have the little one, but it would not work well for leaves and lawn debris.

Clev08
    Pro

Do you guys think dewalt would make a 60V* 54V mower to compete with the ego?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Dewalts 20V blower looks like a solid piece and most of the time they have promo when you buy the kit (tool+battery) you get another battery free.
    does anybody have this blower?
    I do need a cordless blower but I kinda don’t want to start with another battery line/brand.

I have the little one, but it would not work well for leaves and lawn debris.

I assume you mean the
    DEWALT DCE100B 20V MAX Compact Jobsite Blower ?

The DEWALT DCBL720 XR Brushless Blower looks like a solid piece to me.
    Air Volume: 400 CFM
    Air Speed: 90 MPH
    Run Time @ MAX: 15 min (5ah battery)
    65 dB

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

makita just came out with the roomba style vacuum,

Right for the shop. I saw that and thought neat idea, turn it on at night and go in. Come out in the morning to a clean floor. The price was like almost $800. I don’t think so.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Right for the shop. I saw that and thought neat idea, turn it on at night and go in. Come out in the morning to a clean floor. The price was like almost $800. I don’t think so.

Nice idea, but $800 is way to much to sweep my shop floor.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The husqvarna one is the one I saw IIRC it can do almost 2 acres wich is more than most people have and if you have more than that I would imagine you could do it in halves on separate days. But those things are the way of the future. Its going to put some guys out of business or at least take some away.

my only problem is that my front lawn and back yard aren’t connected in such a way that i could run this unless i carry the thing to the front or back when it is done the other one.

Clev08
    Pro

I bet it can’t bag the grass clippings and dump them on your garden though.

my only problem is that my front lawn and back yard aren’t connected in such a way that i could run this unless i carry the thing to the front or back when it is done the other one.

Oh come on rice, you are a gadget guy, you could use your drone through your smartphone application from work, carrying the grass cutter over the fence lol, or use the demo hammer and make a small tunnel under the fence,

Come on I wanna see it, make a video lol. You may be on to something.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Then I would rather buy a $20 broom, enjoy a cold one, turn on the Powerbox and sweep with one hand the floor 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

dewalts got there new 60v chainsaw and weed eater out now. Not that impessed by them. I bet the run time is pretty bad being a 60v battery samller than their 40v battery.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Then I would rather buy a $20 broom, enjoy a cold one, turn on the Powerbox and sweep with one hand the floor 😛

Yup i have to agree with that. Not to mention they you dont have the excuse of being in the shop. “no honey im not hiding im just cleaning the shop”

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

dewalts got there new 60v chainsaw and weed eater out now. Not that impessed by them. I bet the run time is pretty bad being a 60v battery samller than their 40v battery.

Virtually nothing made by Dewalt impresses me. It seems that they are either playing to the people who “think” their tools are contractor grade or they are trying to dupe other people into believing that they are. This 60V thing really irritates me…they should make their existing stuff better before trying to gain market share with something like this.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Virtually nothing made by Dewalt impresses me. It seems that they are either playing to the people who “think” their tools are contractor grade or they are trying to dupe other people into believing that they are. This 60V thing really irritates me…they should make their existing stuff better before trying to gain market share with something like this.

That is really short sighted. I have used all of the major brands, and many of the minor ones. I have owned more Dewalt than probably any other brand. While I would not say they are the best, I think they are right up there with the others. I recently switched to the 20v line after considering the Milwaukee. So far I am very satisfied.

I can hire my son for a lot less than that

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So the new DeWalt line will include lawn tools. Wonder how powerful the blower will be?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol ron you wait till the price drops, thats when you swoop in and get a deal. I managed to get my roomba at steep discount when it was a few years old.

Clev08
    Pro

They certainly seem to be stuck in between contractor grade and homeowner. They try to make contractor grade tools but make them cheap to appeal to the homeowner as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.570 seconds