dcsimg

Contractor Talk forums emailed me

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 116 total)
  • Author

Well this place is being noticed…CT just announced a rewards program…they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Well this place is being noticed…CT just announced a rewards program…they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery…

That is an interesting development… this sort of reward program does seem to be an effective form of marketing of sorts though, so it is certainly mutually beneficial in different ways I suppose

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

interesting, i havent heard anything about that , but i havent been overly involved there lately

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

redwood
    Pro

I haven’t heard anything about a rewards program at CT either. I just went and looked around and didn’t see anything.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I haven’t heard anything about a rewards program at CT either. I just went and looked around and didn’t see anything.

There’s a thread about it…

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ll have to admit sometimes I feel intimidated on CT.. I’d be afraid to post some of my projects for fear they wouldn’t meet up to standards. I have learned a lot there though. This place just seems friendlier somehow.

redwood
    Pro

Thanks, I found it.

I wonder if there will be a points war?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Thanks, I found it.

I wonder if there will be a points war?

Oh man fight! Lol. Jets and Sharks? Too sissy of a reference…?

Andrew

Thatkid
    Pro

I don’t see it. Is it in the section were you have to have 750 posts to see?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I will admit I’ve looked at CT a bit and even posted a few times.

Haha! I guess 12,035 is a few times…:-)

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ll have to admit sometimes I feel intimidated on CT.. I’d be afraid to post some of my projects for fear they wouldn’t meet up to standards. I have learned a lot there though. This place just seems friendlier somehow.

And that’s a shame Brian, because everyone should be able to post without getting ripped on. If you will notice the only time I ever bark is when someone feels the need to get ugly with me first. If I bark first I usually apologize for it if it’s warranted.

I also enjoy this site because people here don’t seem to be always in need of proving how smart they are or how much they know. That kind of stuff happens when you get a lot of younger tradesmen in the conversation. After you get to a certain age proving yourself to your piers isn’t as important as it used to be.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

And that’s a shame Brian, because everyone should be able to post without getting ripped on. If you will notice the only time I ever bark is when someone feels the need to get ugly with me first. If I bark first I usually apologize for it if it’s warranted.

I also enjoy this site because people here don’t seem to be always in need of proving how smart they are or how much they know. That kind of stuff happens when you get a lot of younger tradesmen in the conversation. After you get to a certain age proving yourself to your piers isn’t as important as it used to be.

Nice way to sum things up, Mike!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

CD I can’t remember who it was but they would fallow you around and bash on you all the time. I couldn’t believe it!
    I’d get ragged on a lot too. I glad this site is here too.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Internet trolls, bullies or whatever you want to call them truly ruin forums. This forum has been great and I think it will stay that way.

I also enjoy this site because people here don’t seem to be always in need of proving how smart they are or how much they know.

This forum has been great and I think it will stay that way.

This is great to hear and I would bet it is exactly what Aaron and his BTP crew have been hoping to create with the community feel here as well!

John S

I am positive there are some from over there that would be worthwhile additions to our gang here, but I hope their new rewards keeps some of that crew there. Aaron and the BTP crew have created a great place for us!

Andrew

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

This is one of the best forums around. I can’t think of a time that there was a pissing contest here. Everyone is able to input and learn. It will be interesting how CT’s program will work.

Unless I get credit for my previous posts there, it’s of no interest to me. Rewards for a crap experience, both software and reading, is not worth it.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I think it was lee Iacocca that said “you either lead, follow or get out of the way”‘ sure is great to see this younger site (BeThePro) the leader over an old and established site.

Inner10
    Pro

I never got any email from CT….I do, however, get a few threatening PMs telling me that I’m “about to get banned” “on the radar” or “on thin ice” but they never seem to pull the trigger…

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.369 seconds